View Poll Results: Should there be Tariffs?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Bring back jobs to America!

    19 38.00%
  • No! Free Trade! Its good for the US in the long run

    23 46.00%
  • Tariff Companies in MOST cases!

    4 8.00%
  • Tariff Companies in a very select few cases

    3 6.00%
  • OTHER / I dont know

    1 2.00%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 131

Thread: Does America Need Tariffs on US Corporations?

  1. #31
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,373

    Re: Does America Need Tariffs on US Corporations?

    Quote Originally Posted by b.larset View Post
    How long of a run till free trade starts payin off ? How long must I wait for free trade to be good for me? Why Do you have to say ," In the long run".? Why cant you say now? If its good Bro why aint it F$%^ing good now? Stop saying what someone else did because its what everybody does .
    Free trade is not good in any run long or short. How do you deal with the a communist country that has a closed economic system and totalitarian millatary regime to keep the profits in the system. While advancing the causes of the Communist political sysytem? So you trade into a closed system and to benefit you goobers they buy your treasurys ( Putting Pressure on your national credit rating )by dealing your economy a blow you have less revenue now. Ok I call that Economic warfare and your loosing ; but your a free trader. Say it with me. Let it roll off your lips and push it out into the air with your tounge- Free Trader, FREE TRADER, Freeeee Traaader,; Ummm God-thats soooooooo ohhhhh yehhh. The romanticism of Capitalism- it is that simple.
    Do you gain from cheaper products? Does a country giving subsidies to one industry mean other industries have to make their goods more expensive?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does America Need Tariffs on US Corporations?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Where is the manufacturing? Not here in the US. Why do you buy the less expensive products made overseas? Probably because they are less expensive.
    What about outsourcing jobs to India? To other countries?
    Why do companies do that? Labor is less expensive!
    Companies go where labor is cheap! We go to where products are cheap!
    ------
    Now, will US made products ever be as cheap as other countries? Nope.
    Will US labor ever be as cheap as other countries? Nope.
    ------
    Will the US survive with companies outsourcing jobs?
    Will the US survive with imports that are half the price as ours?
    ------
    Bottom Line..... should the US government provide heavy tariffs to US companies when they do outsource their jobs to another country?
    Should there be heavy tariffs on MOST imported products?
    Yes, they should. Corporate cocksuckers need to pay out their greedy corporate assholes when the send American jobs to some 3rd world **** hole.

  3. #33
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,373

    Re: Does America Need Tariffs on US Corporations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Yes, they should. Corporate cocksuckers need to pay out their greedy corporate assholes when the send American jobs to some 3rd world **** hole.
    Arrrgh, cheap goods are BAD!

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  4. #34
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,168

    Re: Does America Need Tariffs on US Corporations?

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Arrrgh, cheap goods are BAD!
    Yeah I bet everything must have been pretty damn expensive before companies started outsroucing left and right to China and India.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #35
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,168

    Re: Does America Need Tariffs on US Corporations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm on the fence about this.

    On the one hand I want American jobs protected.

    On the other hand this may hurt the poor as prices will rise to make the difference and then we are stuck with the same problem. .
    The poor will always do what they have done if something is too expensive to purchase upfront. Which is use lay away,fingerhut, buy used, rent to own, buy things on sale, shop at a second hand store, shop at a discount store, shop at a thrift store or wait until they get their tax refunds.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #36
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,373

    Re: Does America Need Tariffs on US Corporations?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Yeah I bet everything must have been pretty damn expensive before companies started outsroucing left and right to China and India.
    More expensive than it is now. Don't forget that when those jobs leave us that we still have high paying jobs to go to. Are you going to tell me that average salary has fallen because of free trade? Because that just makes absolutely no economic sense.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  7. #37
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,168

    Re: Does America Need Tariffs on US Corporations?

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    More expensive than it is now. Don't forget that when those jobs leave us that we still have high paying jobs to go to.
    What kind of jobs replaced the ones that outsourced?

    Are you going to tell me that average salary has fallen because of free trade?
    Depends what that job was replaced with.


    Because that just makes absolutely no economic sense.
    It makes perfect sense if the factory worker is now working for wal-mart or some other low wage job because the factory he was working at was outsourced or if the factories that didn't leave can just threaten to outsource.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #38
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,373

    Re: Does America Need Tariffs on US Corporations?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    What kind of jobs replaced the ones that outsourced?
    Finance, service, etc.

    Depends what that job was replaced with.
    Something that we all would be better off with them doing, inherently. Otherwise the jobs wouldn't have left even with free trade.

    It makes perfect sense if the factory worker is now working for wal-mart or some other low wage job because the factory he was working at was outsourced or if the factories that didn't leave can just threaten to outsource.
    But we're not replacing all of the jobs that left with jobs at Wal-Mart.

    I realize that I've been quoting Thomas Sowell a lot lately, but his writing is easy to read and he conveys his points well, so his works are worth mentioning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Sowell
    Those who complain loudly about how many jobs have been “exported” to other countries because of international free trade totally ignore all the jobs that have been imported to the American economy because of that same free trade. Siemens alone employs tens of thousands of American workers, and Toyota has already produced its ten millionth car in the United States. Management guru Peter Drucker has said that this country imports far more jobs than it exports, and no one has contradicted him. Indeed, those who are loudest in denouncing the exporting of jobs totally ignore the importing of jobs.

    Free international trade produces both the benefits of increased productivity and the adjustment problems that all other forms of increased productivity produce—namely, job losses in the less competitive firms and industries. The typewriter industry was devastated by the rise of the computer, as the horse and buggy industry was devastated by the rise of the automobile. Histories of the industrial revolution lament the plight of the hand-loom weavers when power looms were introduced.
    Low Taxes Do What? | Hoover Institution

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #39
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Does America Need Tariffs on US Corporations?

    It seems that, so FAR, the majority doesnt want, or understand how important Tariffs are to American jobs.

    You want to put American workers OUT of work? Tear down tariffs and support over-seas production. You want to support the American Economy??? Provide tariffs!
    Companies are getting away with killing our industry! I HAAATE Unions greed too. But there MUST be a middle ground!
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  10. #40
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,373

    Re: Does America Need Tariffs on US Corporations?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    It seems that, so FAR, the majority doesnt want, or understand how important Tariffs are to American jobs.

    You want to put American workers OUT of work? Tear down tariffs and support over-seas production. You want to support the American Economy??? Provide tariffs!
    Companies are getting away with killing our industry! I HAAATE Unions greed too. But there MUST be a middle ground!
    Economics in One Lesson: The ... - Google Books

    Read starting on page 74.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •