View Poll Results: Why are women happier than men?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Men are happier

    0 0%
  • Women are happier

    0 0%
  • Happiness is up to the individual

    10 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Why are women happier than men?

  1. #1
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,917

    Attn1 Why are women happier than men?

    Women happier than men, survey says...

    This is obviously inaccurate information.. right?

    Women happier than men: survey | Stuff.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why are women happier than men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Women happier than men, survey says...

    This is obviously inaccurate information.. right?

    Women happier than men: survey | Stuff.co.nz
    Of course it is, if I disagree...lol...
    New Zealand?
    We have 10 times their problems, magnified 100 times by our population.
    And I'll bet they have national health care.

  3. #3
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Why are women happier than men?

    Interesting survey. All of the previous ones I've seen have indicated precisely the opposite, that men are happier than women.

    If accurate, I think that maybe this is because women are typically more involved in the things that ACTUALLY make people happy (e.g. family, friends, religion), whereas men are typically more involved in the things that people THINK make people happy but don't (e.g. money, power, status). Also, men are probably much more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol, which can lead to unhappiness.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #4
    Advisor Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    06-24-11 @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    571

    Re: Why are women happier than men?

    I'd guess women are happier because they have more choices in life.
    “The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
    -James Madison

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Why are women happier than men?

    Because they don't have to put up with women.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,917

    Re: Why are women happier than men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Interesting survey. All of the previous ones I've seen have indicated precisely the opposite, that men are happier than women.

    If accurate, I think that maybe this is because women are typically more involved in the things that ACTUALLY make people happy (e.g. family, friends, religion), whereas men are typically more involved in the things that people THINK make people happy but don't (e.g. money, power, status). Also, men are probably much more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol, which can lead to unhappiness.
    Family, home, etc... those were the main reasons listed, I think. The main one for men not being happy was that they did not get enough alone time (cave time).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,917

    Re: Why are women happier than men?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Of course it is, if I disagree...lol...
    New Zealand?
    We have 10 times their problems, magnified 100 times by our population.
    And I'll bet they have national health care.
    We do have national health care. Nobody sues anybody here either, seriously. and the population is only 78 times that of New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #8
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Why are women happier than men?

    I think it's the multiple orgasms.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #9
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,873
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Why are women happier than men?

    The knowledge that they could have sex with me.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  10. #10
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Why are women happier than men?

    Maybe its because men tend to repress thier feelings while women bitch up a storm on a regular basis. This helps them get it all out so they can be happy while they make the men in thier lifes miserable.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •