Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: Where do you WISH to Live?

  1. #51
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Where do you WISH to Live?

    About seven years ago, I decided it was time to start thinking about where I'd eventually like to retire. I took two or three online surveys just like the one in the OP. The results were the same every time - either the Pacific Northwest... or Arkansas.

    ARKANSAS? WTF?

    Anyway, I took the surveys' advice and here I am today. I LOVE where I live and would never have found it without suggestions from the surveys (since I'm not from here, had no family or friends in the area, and had never been here before). I took the quiz again (the one from the OP) and the results STILL say my best choices are either where I am or Arkansas.

    ARKANSAS? WTF?

  2. #52
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: Where do you WISH to Live?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    After checking this site out Best Places to Live: Compare the Best Cities & Small Towns for You! (over the last 8 years) I figured I would ask YOU folks.... Where you want to live?

    EDIT: CRAP!!! I pressed the wrong button and I didnt have a chance to enter a poll! I tried to go back and put one in but it wont LET ME!!!!
    My wish will be coming true in about 5 years. My wife and I will be moving to Jamay, Mexico then. It is about 160 km SSE of Guadalajara, on the eastern end of Lake Chapala. It's one of the most beautiful places in the world, and the Lake Chapala area has an American expat community of over 40,000.
    Last edited by danarhea; 09-04-10 at 03:12 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Where do you WISH to Live?

    Titan. I hear the views of the rings are fabulous!

  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Where do you WISH to Live?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    My wish will be coming true in about 5 years. My wife and I will be moving to Jamay, Mexico then. It is about 160 km SSE of Guadalajara, on the eastern end of Lake Chapala. It's one of the most beautiful places in the world,
    sounds lovely

    and the Lake Chapala area has an American expat community of over 40,000.
    is that a selling point? I tend to try to avoid the ex-pat community down here. If I wanted to live amongst Brits, I'd still be living in Britain. What's the appeal of Mexico if you want to live in a community of Americans? Why not find somewhere beautiful in America?

    Just askin'.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  5. #55
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Where do you WISH to Live?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Where you want to live?
    Where the handouts grow on bushes
    And you sleep out every night
    Where the boxcars all are empty
    And the sun shines every day
    And the birds and the bees
    And the cigarette trees
    The lemonade springs
    Where the bluebird sings
    In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Where do you WISH to Live?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Where the handouts grow on bushes
    And you sleep out every night
    Where the boxcars all are empty
    And the sun shines every day
    And the birds and the bees
    And the cigarette trees
    The lemonade springs
    Where the bluebird sings
    In the Big Rock Candy Mountains
    Yeah, I'd be very happy there!
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where do you WISH to Live?

    I've had the chance to live in two of the most opposite climates in the US...deep south where the heat and humidity will wear you out and in the Alaskan bush where the cold will bite right through you. I prefer the heat of NC to the cold and dark of Alaska but I prefer the beauty and untouched landscape in the frozen north. If I could find somewhere hot and undeveloped, that would be the place for me.

    Although, when I lived in San Francisco, I didn't realize how good I actually had it. That was a very nice place, climate-wise. Can't say much for how it's run though. San Diego also seems like a nice place to live.

  8. #58
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: Where do you WISH to Live?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    sounds lovely



    is that a selling point? I tend to try to avoid the ex-pat community down here. If I wanted to live amongst Brits, I'd still be living in Britain. What's the appeal of Mexico if you want to live in a community of Americans? Why not find somewhere beautiful in America?

    Just askin'.
    Because we found something beautiful in Mexico, and we would like to live there. We would still be American, and still vote, but I love everything about that area. It is laid back, friendly, extremely nice weather, a decent cost of living, and a paradise like no other I have ever been to, either in the US, or anywhere else in the world.

    NOTE: It is also home to a tequila factory. LOL.
    Last edited by danarhea; 09-04-10 at 10:09 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #59
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Where do you WISH to Live?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    About seven years ago, I decided it was time to start thinking about where I'd eventually like to retire. I took two or three online surveys just like the one in the OP. The results were the same every time - either the Pacific Northwest... or Arkansas.

    ARKANSAS? WTF?

    Anyway, I took the surveys' advice and here I am today. I LOVE where I live and would never have found it without suggestions from the surveys (since I'm not from here, had no family or friends in the area, and had never been here before). I took the quiz again (the one from the OP) and the results STILL say my best choices are either where I am or Arkansas.

    ARKANSAS? WTF?
    I love Arkansas. it would be perfect if not for three things. Chiggars, tics, and barefoot bib overall wearing toothless hillbilly meth addicts running a muck.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •