View Poll Results: Which of the following describe progressives?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fascist

    35 43.21%
  • Socialist

    41 50.62%
  • Communist

    38 46.91%
  • Feminists

    15 18.52%
  • Pro-Labor

    29 35.80%
  • Reformist

    30 37.04%
  • Pro-Civil Liberties

    26 32.10%
  • Middle Class

    14 17.28%
  • Pro-Eugenics

    5 6.17%
  • Liberal

    35 43.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Which of the following describe Progressives?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Which of the following describe Progressives?

    Well, let's see.

    The government stole the remains of General Motors from the bond holders who, by law, were supposed to be paid first, and fired GM's CEO.

    The government arbitrarily and without justification halted the drilling of oil in the Gulf, and continues to drag it's feet on new permits in it's misguided efforts to destroy the US via green technology.

    That alone makes the Regressive movement fascist.

    The Messiah makes no effort to hide his socialism, he just likes to lie about not being one.

    Anyone that studies the roots of the baby-murdering movement in the United States is aware of it's roots in the nascent eugenics movement, and it's associated anti-black roots, also. So Regressives are pro-eugenics.

    And, assuming the word "Liberal" on the above poll means "closet socialist regressive fascist anti-American pro-eugenics elitist ass class exemplified by the Messiah and the Red Queen", then of course Regressives are "liberal".

    Let's put it another way. If a program enhances personal liberty, requires personal accountability, self-reliance, ownership, maturity, reason, or in some other way promotes personal growth into true adulthood and has a chance of improving the United States, the "Progressives" are against it.

  2. #42
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Which of the following describe Progressives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Well, let's see.

    The government stole the remains of General Motors from the bond holders who, by law, were supposed to be paid first, and fired GM's CEO.

    The government arbitrarily and without justification halted the drilling of oil in the Gulf, and continues to drag it's feet on new permits in it's misguided efforts to destroy the US via green technology.

    That alone makes the Regressive movement fascist.

    The Messiah makes no effort to hide his socialism, he just likes to lie about not being one.

    Anyone that studies the roots of the baby-murdering movement in the United States is aware of it's roots in the nascent eugenics movement, and it's associated anti-black roots, also. So Regressives are pro-eugenics.

    And, assuming the word "Liberal" on the above poll means "closet socialist regressive fascist anti-American pro-eugenics elitist ass class exemplified by the Messiah and the Red Queen", then of course Regressives are "liberal".

    Let's put it another way. If a program enhances personal liberty, requires personal accountability, self-reliance, ownership, maturity, reason, or in some other way promotes personal growth into true adulthood and has a chance of improving the United States, the "Progressives" are against it.
    What does one joke of a post deserve? Another joke of a post:

    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Which of the following describe Progressives?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    What does one joke of a post deserve? Another joke of a post:

    Yes, that fits the Progressives...er Regressives perfectly....except the T-Rex was a respectable dinosaur that only killed for food. Regressives kill to promote ideology, and they killed over 100,000,000 people for their ideology in the 20th Century.

  4. #44
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Which of the following describe Progressives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Yes, that fits the Progressives...er Regressives perfectly....except the T-Rex was a respectable dinosaur that only killed for food. Regressives kill to promote ideology, and they killed over 100,000,000 people for their ideology in the 20th Century.
    What's scary is you actually believe what you are posting.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  5. #45
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Which of the following describe Progressives?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    He is saying that conservatives like to insult people by calling them un-American when they are disagreeable or use political terms with a dergogatory slant to it. They do that quite a lot and it is a very effective way to demonize their opponents that works quite often.

    Another new trick they have is talking about the "European way" of doing things even though the "European way" is the same way Canada essentially does it, their quality of life is better, life expectancy, and by GDP their currency is worth more too. Essentially, demonize everything that isn't American to get a point across (unless one of these socialist countries like UK is agreeable with us on something then forget about it entirely).

    I think the biggest tricks the other side has however is using the word neo-con with emphasis on the con part, and saying it in a way that could be associated with "neo-nazi", and talk about how the Republicans want to take stuff away from us rather than actually help us. It works both ways, and seems that whoever is in power the scare tactics typically get louder but this time around it seems as if though it is about 50/50.
    A few words before, he was expressing how liberals love all Americans, regardless of political stripe. Then he makes a stupid generalization about conservatives. That is what I'm pointing out
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which of the following describe Progressives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    You forgot to include "hate America."

    A man who wants his nation to be better.......hates his country????
    Strange, very strange.
    Whose reasoning is this ?

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which of the following describe Progressives?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    What's scary is you actually believe what you are posting.
    I think that the Scarecrow is not a man but an Internet machine designed to be the very worst of man, in the designer's opinion.
    The idea is to see how sane men react to the Scarecrow's insanity.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Which of the following describe Progressives?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    A man who wants his nation to be better.......hates his country????
    Strange, very strange.
    Whose reasoning is this ?
    It was a joke.
    Not being serious at all.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •