View Poll Results: How many people will be at the Restoring Honor Rally?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - 1,000

    3 8.82%
  • 1,000 - 5,000

    4 11.76%
  • 5,000 - 10,000

    1 2.94%
  • 10,000 - 30,000

    3 8.82%
  • 30,000 - 50,000

    0 0%
  • 50,000 - 75,000

    2 5.88%
  • 75,000 - 100,000

    2 5.88%
  • 100,000 - 200,000

    2 5.88%
  • 200,000 - 300,000

    1 2.94%
  • Over 300,000

    16 47.06%
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 264

Thread: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    Do you have any proof to back up this claim or should we just go ahead right now and chalk this up as yet one more red herring from you? Don't worry, I already know the answer.
    "I think" = speculation.

    I mean, somebody's answering the phone when they call to ask if you believe President Obama is a Muslim...

    "Who are these people..."


  2. #222
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,790
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    So "what you think" isn't really based on anything factual? Gotcha!

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    So "what you think" isn't really based on anything factual? Gotcha!
    Not exactly.

    Lemme walk you through it.

    We start with facts -- like:

    Grand Old Islamophobes? Polls Show Widespread Republican Concerns Over Muslims -- And Obama

    The biggest news from the August 19 Pew poll of national attitudes toward Obama was the huge jump in the number of Americans who now think Obama is a Muslim. Nearly a fifth of the population made the incorrect assumption about Obama's faith, a sizeable increase from the months after Obama was inaugurated. Among Republicans, the number was far higher. Thirty-one percent said Obama was a Muslim, and 39% said they didn't know what religion Obama practices.
    Now from those facts (data collected using polls) we can surmise the following:

    Somebody was at home when the phone rang, not working.
    Somebody was smart enough to know how to answer the phone, but, beyond that 31% seem to be of below average intelligence.

    Sure, speculating that more Tea Party folks are out of work than they'd like to admit is a leap. However, making those types of leaps helps us ask better questions next time we call.

    I saw a video on youtube taken at the 8/28 rally where they were asking people why they were there, what the rally was about, and general questions about current issues. Several times a voice in the background said: "He's trying to trick you, the questions are traps..." (in a heavy souther accent).

    So, if you ask, say 1000 Tea Party folk about their employment, education, etc. Would they all answer honestly?

    If you have links to videos of people at Tea Party Rallies or Palin/Beck events answering questions with something other than generalized talking points, please PM them to me, I'd be interested in seeing them.

    My overall point is that based on what I've seen and heard about the people who show up to these rallies, my speculating about their ability to hold a job is fair. In other words, it's fair for me to guess, surmise, wonder... how to these people get by in life?

  4. #224
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,790
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Not exactly.

    Lemme walk you through it.

    We start with facts -- like:

    Grand Old Islamophobes? Polls Show Widespread Republican Concerns Over Muslims -- And Obama



    Now from those facts (data collected using polls) we can surmise the following:

    Somebody was at home when the phone rang, not working.
    Somebody was smart enough to know how to answer the phone, but, beyond that 31% seem to be of below average intelligence.

    Sure, speculating that more Tea Party folks are out of work than they'd like to admit is a leap. However, making those types of leaps helps us ask better questions next time we call.

    I saw a video on youtube taken at the 8/28 rally where they were asking people why they were there, what the rally was about, and general questions about current issues. Several times a voice in the background said: "He's trying to trick you, the questions are traps..." (in a heavy souther accent).

    So, if you ask, say 1000 Tea Party folk about their employment, education, etc. Would they all answer honestly?

    If you have links to videos of people at Tea Party Rallies or Palin/Beck events answering questions with something other than generalized talking points, please PM them to me, I'd be interested in seeing them.

    My overall point is that based on what I've seen and heard about the people who show up to these rallies, my speculating about their ability to hold a job is fair. In other words, it's fair for me to guess, surmise, wonder... how to these people get by in life?
    Pretty humorous assumptions you are jumping to there. How many people work something other than 8 am-4 pm? I know thousands of people that don't work during what most consider normal business hours. I don't work "normal business hours" myself. How many people have days off during the traditional "work week"? I know thousands that work weekends and have week days off. My 2 days off are Tuesday and Wednesday.

    I've been to more than one Tea Party, have you been to at least one? Your broad generalizations about the Tea Party and "it's people" are based on what the left wing media outlets are feeding you, which is something not even remotely resembling the truth. I've met several liberals and lifelong democrats at a Tea Party. Despite what you are spoon fed by MSNBC, HuffPo, TYT and other left-wing outlets, the Tea Party movement isn't just for conservatives or them evil Republicans. It's for those who realize that our government is broken, is corrupt and needs to be fixed quickly.

    I get by in life just fine, as do the dozens and dozens of people that I've met and talked to at Tea Parties. I've met business owners who have had to lay off valued employees because they can't afford to keep them any more. I've met people who were laid off and started their own businesses, but are struggling to comprehend how they can succeed with all the roadblocks and bombs that this Congree and this administration is dropping on them. I've met stay at home mothers who are worried about the future for their children that the spending this Congress and this administration are strapping them with. I've met a retired congressman who can't believe the power that the federal government has amassed in just the past 10 years.

    Tell you what - show me videos of the claims that your beloved media has been making about the Tea Party first. Show me where the "racists" were calling senators and representatives the 'n' word when they walked through the streets to sign a bill. Show me video of Cleaver being spat on. I mean the liberal media that you so dearly love and misinforms you every single day (FOX isn't the only one who misleads and misinforms you know) has made these claims and yet there isn't any proof of these accusations at all.

    My overall point is that what you've seen and heard about the people who show up at these rallies is not based on anything you experienced first hand. It's based on what the left-wing media presented to you, even though they have been exposed as being dishonest and lying over and over again. You are speaking from a position of ignorance when you make accusations and claims based on lies and bad information. As to why so many people think that Obama is a Muslim, I don't know. Maybe they are misinformed, maybe they are making an asumption based on lies and half truths. I would think by now that you of all people can relate to them since it's your MO.

    But if you want to see folks who are truly misinformed and out of touch with our government, give this a view and get back to me:


  5. #225
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I think a lot of the tea folk are out of work, collecting unemployment, etc.

    That's why they're always at home when the pollster calls... And at 5pm in the afternoon to watch cartoonsish characters on FNC.
    Rather than making dumb generalizations, why not take 30 seconds and educate yourself?

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/us...cs/15poll.html

    New York Times/CBS News Poll: National Survey of Tea Party Supporters

    Percentage of people who are currently employed:

    General population: 54%
    Tea Party: 56%
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    But if you want to see folks who are truly misinformed and out of touch with our government, give this a view and get back to me:

    YouTube - media malpractice
    Seriously, Hugh:

    The ol' "change the subject"(and maybe no one will notice)... That's all you got?

    I thought you were better then that.

    If you do come across some clips of Tea Party People saying something articulate, then please do PM me.

    Best of luck!

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-03-10 @ 08:59 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    39

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Seriously, Hugh:

    The ol' "change the subject"(and maybe no one will notice)... That's all you got?

    I thought you were better then that.

    If you do come across some clips of Tea Party People saying something articulate, then please do PM me.

    Best of luck!
    Yeah, you certainly evinced tons of credibility within that post to be the arbiter of who's "articulate."

  8. #228
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Seriously, Hugh:

    The ol' "change the subject"(and maybe no one will notice)... That's all you got?
    Speaking of changing the subject...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058957935

    Are you just going to pretend that never happened, or are you going to admit you were wrong for once?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Speaking of changing the subject...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058957935


    I didn't see that post, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

    1) I do remember the NYT article and recall there being a thread on it. -- "Wealthier and more educated" kinda flies in the face of what we've seen so far.

    I supposed a person can be educated and have money and still be easily duped by a personality like Glenn Beck. Again, if you or Hugh have a link to TP folks being interviewed at a rally and they can answer questions w/o using generalized anti-Obama talking points, please PM it to me. I would really like to see it.

    2)Regarding the second link -- there were some very interesting and telling stats there -- did you bother to read them all.

    2a)And the 2% difference in "currently employed" -- you interpret that to mean what exactly?

    Are you just going to pretend that never happened, or are you going to admit you were wrong for once?
    About what?

  10. #230
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I didn't see that post, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

    1) I do remember the NYT article and recall there being a thread on it. -- "Wealthier and more educated" kinda flies in the face of what we've seen so far.
    You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. The fact is that you're wrong. Period.

    I supposed a person can be educated and have money and still be easily duped by a personality like Glenn Beck. Again, if you or Hugh have a link to TP folks being interviewed at a rally and they can answer questions w/o using generalized anti-Obama talking points, please PM it to me. I would really like to see it.
    lol

    Do you even hear yourself? "Yea, you have a study from the NYT that analyzes this exact issue, but what really matters is my own uninformed opinion based on some youtube interviews. Thats SCIENCE."

    2)Regarding the second link -- there were some very interesting and telling stats there -- did you bother to read them all.
    Is there a point to this, or are you just doing "the ol change the subject"?

    2a)And the 2% difference in "currently employed" -- you interpret that to mean what exactly?
    ...that you were wrong when you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut
    I think a lot of the tea folk are out of work, collecting unemployment, etc.

    That's why they're always at home when the pollster calls... And at 5pm in the afternoon to watch cartoonsish characters on FNC.
    ...

    About what?
    If you're still having trouble figuring out why your statement was wrong, there's nothing that any of us can do for you.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •