View Poll Results: How many people will be at the Restoring Honor Rally?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - 1,000

    3 8.82%
  • 1,000 - 5,000

    4 11.76%
  • 5,000 - 10,000

    1 2.94%
  • 10,000 - 30,000

    3 8.82%
  • 30,000 - 50,000

    0 0%
  • 50,000 - 75,000

    2 5.88%
  • 75,000 - 100,000

    2 5.88%
  • 100,000 - 200,000

    2 5.88%
  • 200,000 - 300,000

    1 2.94%
  • Over 300,000

    16 47.06%
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 264

Thread: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

  1. #171
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Of course, dear. The assumption is that you actually made a reasoned argument. There is attempt. There is fail/succeed. And, sometimes, there is delusion.
    All this would play so much better for you if had ever availed yourself of the opportunity to show that it wasn't. Oh, well.


    That fact that you held on to something that happened almost a year ago... well, I guess I should be flattered.

    Advice: Don't let me have free rent in your head.

    No deflection. Just friendly advice. Don't carry stuff like that around for a year. It's not healthy.

    Listen, if my blowing you off a year ago really bothered you, I'm sorry. I'm trying to tell you, name a number and it's good for me.
    This is pretty much all you've got, pretty much ever.

    And, it's from the poster boy of being unhealthily obsessed with another human being. :


    Not clinging to anything.

    Just posting the first and SECOND reasonable numbers I came across.
    That's funny; you claimed they were the "final" numbers. But they were, in fact, the first numbers reported.


    When you're ready to break it down and do your analysis, let me know, and I promise I won't blow you off.
    All you have to do is look at the USA Today chart of how many people fill the Mall area, look at the photos, and do a little geometry and math.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #172
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Moderator's Warning:
    How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?Hazlnut, Harshaw, take the personal stuff elsewhere.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #173
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,347

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am always right. Remember that!
    I'll email this to myself right now so I won't forget.


  4. #174
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Glenn Beck Restoring Honor Rally Attendance Estimated At 78,000 – 96,000

    What's funny is that you obviously can't find any legitimate source to back up the 300,000 ++ that's been floating around DP.

    Hey, it was a good turnout. However, based on what I've read, if I had traveled even from Baltimore to see that event, I'd been real pissed.

    At least at the old Teabagger rallies you had some interesting and funny signs to look at... 'Return to Signage' should be the theme of the next one.

    I feel sorry for the parents that drove with their kids through the night to be there. I feel more sorry for their kids.

    Still not sure what they restored or honored or even were about... Having America pray to Jesus-God for...return??
    I thought it was a wonderful rally too. The weather was fantastic and there was so much love, faith, hope and charity around, Thousands of people getting together in such a uniting fashion and being glad to be Americans. I really wish I could have been there. Glenn was great! It's something the kids will be telling their kids about someday.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    It's something the kids will be telling their kids about someday.
    It was an anti-climatic flop.

    No one will remember it a year from now.

    It will never appear in any history books.

    They had no clue what they wanted to say/accomplish and it just became a mish-mash of vague religious notions about restoring something. The audience had to do a lot of filling in the blanks.

  6. #176
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    It was an anti-climatic flop.

    No one will remember it a year from now.

    It will never appear in any history books.

    They had no clue what they wanted to say/accomplish and it just became a mish-mash of vague religious notions about restoring something. The audience had to do a lot of filling in the blanks.
    Rush should have been there... or would that have been 1 too many egos on the same stage?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  7. #177
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Here's perhaps a crazy thought....

    Rather than one side quoting CBS and then quoting other articles REQUOTING CBS, and then the other side quoting the NYT supposedly quoting NBC without any additional backup, why not try and look at a wide range of numbers and realize that an exact estimate is likely hard to make and get a more realistic range.

    Event organizers are saying 500k according to statements to the NYT.

    CBS is saying between 78k and 96k based on crowd photo analysis.

    CNN simply reported it filling 6 blocks, suggesting that counting it would be like counting jelly beans in a Jar.

    ABC reported "more than 100,000 people".

    NBC Nightly News reported "tens, perhaps hundreds of thousands".

    The AP gave a conservative estimate, stating it numbered in teh "tens of thousands".

    Fox News didn't give a direct number, simply refering it as "strong" or "huge" with "thousands in attendance".

    LINK

    The organizers seems to give the high total, which isn't surprising. CBS gives the low number on the totem pole with the under 80,000 number on their low end. ABC gives a more middle ground with the over 100,000. NBC Nightly news and Fox News seems to coincide with this with the notion of potentially hundreds of thousands. Additionally, CNN pointing out the blocks makes a good point with regards to counting based on photos when its something that long and sprawled out. It is not like the mall is in and of itself a compact area, as it extends a long way straight back from the monument while still allowing people to move off to its sides and still eaisly view.

    Honestly, looking at all the various reports of it and the various photos, I would say its far more likely to be in that 100,000+ range. I think under 100,000 is likely short selling it, though going over 200,000 is likely way over selling.

    Either way, I agree with what some of the others have been saying. Even if you go with the LOW estimate of CBS its still a very good turn out, let alone if you take a more moderated number in the low 100,000's. Hardly something to scoff at. I think the argument is more due to the fact one side is latching onto the highest number available as gospel truth while another is latching onto the lowest numbers, on their lowest side of their estimate, as the gospel truth.

  8. #178
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Here's perhaps a crazy thought....

    Rather than one side quoting CBS and then quoting other articles REQUOTING CBS, and then the other side quoting the NYT supposedly quoting NBC without any additional backup, why not try and look at a wide range of numbers and realize that an exact estimate is likely hard to make and get a more realistic range.

    Event organizers are saying 500k according to statements to the NYT.

    CBS is saying between 78k and 96k based on crowd photo analysis.

    CNN simply reported it filling 6 blocks, suggesting that counting it would be like counting jelly beans in a Jar.

    ABC reported "more than 100,000 people".

    NBC Nightly News reported "tens, perhaps hundreds of thousands".

    The AP gave a conservative estimate, stating it numbered in teh "tens of thousands".

    Fox News didn't give a direct number, simply refering it as "strong" or "huge" with "thousands in attendance".

    LINK

    The organizers seems to give the high total, which isn't surprising. CBS gives the low number on the totem pole with the under 80,000 number on their low end. ABC gives a more middle ground with the over 100,000. NBC Nightly news and Fox News seems to coincide with this with the notion of potentially hundreds of thousands. Additionally, CNN pointing out the blocks makes a good point with regards to counting based on photos when its something that long and sprawled out. It is not like the mall is in and of itself a compact area, as it extends a long way straight back from the monument while still allowing people to move off to its sides and still eaisly view.

    Honestly, looking at all the various reports of it and the various photos, I would say its far more likely to be in that 100,000+ range. I think under 100,000 is likely short selling it, though going over 200,000 is likely way over selling.

    Either way, I agree with what some of the others have been saying. Even if you go with the LOW estimate of CBS its still a very good turn out, let alone if you take a more moderated number in the low 100,000's. Hardly something to scoff at. I think the argument is more due to the fact one side is latching onto the highest number available as gospel truth while another is latching onto the lowest numbers, on their lowest side of their estimate, as the gospel truth.
    I entirely agree. As I said above, take this:



    And this:



    And do some geometry and math.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #179
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,347

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Looks like a lot more than 200,000 to me judging by the estimates in the first picture and comparing them to the space in front of the Lincoln Memorial.


  10. #180
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,347

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    I'm still kind of confused by whoever said only 200,000 were at Obama's inauguration....


Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •