View Poll Results: How many people will be at the Restoring Honor Rally?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - 1,000

    3 8.82%
  • 1,000 - 5,000

    4 11.76%
  • 5,000 - 10,000

    1 2.94%
  • 10,000 - 30,000

    3 8.82%
  • 30,000 - 50,000

    0 0%
  • 50,000 - 75,000

    2 5.88%
  • 75,000 - 100,000

    2 5.88%
  • 100,000 - 200,000

    2 5.88%
  • 200,000 - 300,000

    1 2.94%
  • Over 300,000

    16 47.06%
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 264

Thread: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Given that I was right, do I have to be?

    Hazlnut is predictible as the tides when it comes to his favorite topic. Anyone who's been around here for his entire tenure knows that.
    Well, that's where we differ then. Because I know no future is written in stone. Anybody can change whenever they choose to.

  2. #142
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Well, that's where we differ then. Because I know no future is written in stone. Anybody can change whenever they choose to.
    You have to want to to choose it. Besides, I didn't even make a prediction. He fell into his expected behavior pattern entirely unbidden.

    Don't know why it matters to you, anyway.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You have to want to to choose it. Besides, I didn't even make a prediction. He fell into his expected behavior pattern entirely unbidden.

    Don't know why it matters to you, anyway.
    My assumption was you'd reach the same conclusion about me, and you'd be wrong. I do adjust my thinking as facts are added.

  4. #144
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    My assumption was you'd reach the same conclusion about me, and you'd be wrong. I do adjust my thinking as facts are added.
    I haven't interacted with you much, so why would you assume such a thing about me? I've never said a word about you that I can think of.

    And, anyway, that assumption torpedoes what you just said:

    Because I know no future is written in stone. Anybody can change whenever they choose to.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I didn't offer or agree with any number.

    Just observing that it's entirely unsurprising that you latched on to the lowest number you could find and obviously will never, ever budge from it no matter what.
    Well, since all the numbers are in the same range -- your point is a silly attempt to make an issue out of nothing.

    You got some different information, post it. Otherwise walk away before you embarrass yourself further.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I haven't interacted with you much, so why would you assume such a thing about me? I've never said a word about you that I can think of.

    And, anyway, that assumption torpedoes what you just said:
    No it doesn't. I'm operating in the moment.

  7. #147
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Well, since all the numbers are in the same range -- your point is a silly attempt to make an issue out of nothing.

    You got some different information, post it. Otherwise walk away before you embarrass yourself further.
    "All?" You posted a blog mocking CBS's number and some source no one's ever heard of, and both were based on the same source: AirPhotosLive.com. So you in reality only posted a single source.

    In any case, I made lengthy, reasoned estimate of the 912 rally, with illustrations and math and everything, and all you did then was what you always do when you can't refute something on the merits: you simply declared it "pathetic" and disappeared from the thread. Such a thing is your norm, so going through the effort this time around is hardly worth it. You don't actually want to do debate it. Your mind is locked on the lowest number you can find, and that's it.

    Me? I don't care if two people, ten people, or a million people were there.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #148
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    No it doesn't. I'm operating in the moment.
    Yet you assumed that I would reach a conclusion about you.

    And I really have no idea why. I have no idea what you think about the attendance, and I've never had reason to wonder, much less assume anything about it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    In any case, I made lengthy, reasoned estimate of the 912 rally, with illustrations and math and everything, and all you did then was what you always do when you can't refute something on the merits: you simply declared it "pathetic" and disappeared from the thread. Such a thing is your norm, so going through the effort this time around is hardly worth it. You don't actually want to do debate it. Your mind is locked on the lowest number you can find, and that's it.
    Criticizing me for "disappearing" from the thread, assumes the thread topic and direction has value.

    You assume too much.

    I'll debate anything you want, but when a train of reasoning reaches what I call the Fantasyland stop. You can elect to get off, I need to keep moving on. Don't take it personally.

    If you have some better numbers, please post them--I'm not "locked on" anything.

  10. #150
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: How many people will be at the 8.28 Restoring Honor Rally tomorrow in D.C.?

    I find it amusing also that hazlnut chose the smallest number he could find. He doesn't seem to listen to me, but I have said it several times.....

    NBC NEWS said it was 300,000.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/us...cs/29beck.html

    Officials do not make crowd estimates because they are unreliable and can be controversial, but event organizers put the number of attendees at 500,000; NBC News said it was closer to 300,000, but by any measure it was a large turnout. The crowd stretched from the Lincoln Memorial to the Washington Monument.


Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •