View Poll Results: Read OP

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Completely Agree

    19 23.17%
  • Agree

    9 10.98%
  • Somewhat Agree

    5 6.10%
  • Neither Agree nor Disagree

    1 1.22%
  • Somewhat disagree

    0 0%
  • Disagree

    12 14.63%
  • Completely Disagree

    36 43.90%
  • I don't know

    0 0%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 128

Thread: "Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots" article about 'GZ Mosque'... Do you agree?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: "Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots" article about 'GZ Mosque'... Do you agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    RP does recognize the role of Islamist ideology, but he also recognizes the role of American aggression. Our history in the Middle East is there for anyone to see who's interested. I've pointed out specific examples before, but the denial runs deep.
    A) The perceived occupation that Ron Paul refers to is the one which he has referred to on several different occasions by name. It is the American presence in the Arabian Peninsula, those troops were there to defend the Kingdom against the aggression of Saddam Hussein, if not for Islam they would not see the mere presence of American troops on their soil as an occupation especially since those troops were there to defend them, but because Islam teaches that no infidel can set foot on the holy dirt on or near Mecca and Medina they see it as an occupation.

    B) Again cite specific examples of this aggression rather than making blanket over-generalized statements.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 08-24-10 at 04:11 PM.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: "Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots" article about 'GZ Mosque'... Do you agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    As much as I disagree with Paul & Son, for every 2 times they are wrong they are very, very right. Ron Paul is a very smart and honest man, and despite as much as I would disagree with him he is reiterating with anyone with half a brain already knew, that this is a distraction from the real issues effecting America and if nothing else is a product of the slow August news cycle. By October no one will even give a **** about this Muslim YMCA.
    The YMCA offers weekly religious services to a specific religious group? This is not akin to the YMCA it is akin to the Evangelical Mega-Churches. In fact it is the EXACT Islamic parrallel of an Evangelical Mega-Church.

  3. #43
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: "Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots" article about 'GZ Mosque'... Do you agree?

    Ron Paul is spot on as usual.

  4. #44
    Advisor Sanitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The world.
    Last Seen
    03-05-12 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    459

    Re: "Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots" article about 'GZ Mosque'... Do you agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Hate crimes jinned-up by calling those against the Mosque ANTI-MUSLIM?
    Did you watch the video? They were anti-Muslim.
    "All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language...No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." - John Donne

  5. #45
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: "Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots" article about 'GZ Mosque'... Do you agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rand disagrees with his father on this one.
    Well all the more reason for me to vote for Conway over Paul this year then I guess.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  6. #46
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: "Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots" article about 'GZ Mosque'... Do you agree?

    "In my opinion it has come from the neo-conservatives who demand continual war in the Middle East and Central Asia and are compelled to constantly justify it."

    "Loony Tunes" Ron Paul Translation: Neocons are the root of all evil, including New Coke. I can verify this by having a staffer look on the internet for me. It must be true.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 08-24-10 at 10:32 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #47
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-30-10 @ 09:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2

    Re: "Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots" article about 'GZ Mosque'... Do you agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    A) The perceived occupation that Ron Paul refers to is the one which he has referred to on several different occasions by name. It is the American presence in the Arabian Peninsula, those troops were there to defend the Kingdom against the aggression of Saddam Hussein, if not for Islam they would not see the mere presence of American troops on their soil as an occupation especially since those troops were there to defend them, but because Islam teaches that no infidel can set foot on the holy dirt on or near Mecca and Medina they see it as an occupation.

    B) Again cite specific examples of this aggression rather than making blanket over-generalized statements.
    They don't want a u.s military base in their land. Would you agree if Russia or China decide to build a military inside the u.s?
    ok why should they be a little pissed prior to 9/11 ?
    Our unconditional support for Israel against the Palestinian.
    Our support for the dictatorships in Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait...
    We installed the Shah in Iran in 1953. Back, when we were still allies with Saddam, we support Iraq against Iran in the Iran-Iraq conflict, selling them chemical weapon among other things.
    The bombing and sanctions/embargo in Iraq during the golf war which ensured the deaths of half a million children.

  8. #48
    Educator Jucon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    787

    Re: "Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots" article about 'GZ Mosque'... Do you agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by futfut View Post
    They don't want a u.s military base in their land. Would you agree if Russia or China decide to build a military inside the u.s?
    ok why should they be a little pissed prior to 9/11 ?
    Our unconditional support for Israel against the Palestinian.
    Our support for the dictatorships in Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait...
    We installed the Shah in Iran in 1953. Back, when we were still allies with Saddam, we support Iraq against Iran in the Iran-Iraq conflict, selling them chemical weapon among other things.
    The bombing and sanctions/embargo in Iraq during the golf war which ensured the deaths of half a million children.
    Wait for it... wait for it...
    "There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, it to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution." —John Adams

  9. #49
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    915

    Re: "Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots" article about 'GZ Mosque'... Do you agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    A) The perceived occupation that Ron Paul refers to is the one which he has referred to on several different occasions by name. It is the American presence in the Arabian Peninsula, those troops were there to defend the Kingdom against the aggression of Saddam Hussein, if not for Islam they would not see the mere presence of American troops on their soil as an occupation especially since those troops were there to defend them, but because Islam teaches that no infidel can set foot on the holy dirt on or near Mecca and Medina they see it as an occupation.

    B) Again cite specific examples of this aggression rather than making blanket over-generalized statements.
    An occupation is an occupation, regardless of what religion you believe in. It's charming that you think we're there to defend Muslims against other Muslims, but such naivete generally isn't shared by those on the receiving end of our beneficence.

    I've cited examples to you before. Until we can agree on the basic facts, for example the fact that the US intentionally destroyed civilian infrastructure in Iraq, there's not much point in arguing about causes or effects.

  10. #50
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    915

    Re: "Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots" article about 'GZ Mosque'... Do you agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    "In my opinion it has come from the neo-conservatives who demand continual war in the Middle East and Central Asia and are compelled to constantly justify it."

    "Loony Tunes" Ron Paul Translation: Neocons are the root of all evil, including New Coke. I can verify this by having a staffer look on the internet for me. It must be true.
    Watch the BBC documentary The Power of Nightmares some time. It's an enlightening comparison of the neoconservative and Islamist ideologies. The two are very similar in some ways, particularly in their deep suspicion toward Western democracy.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •