View Poll Results: Will Obama's support of the Mosque hurt him/the dems in November?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think so.

    11 20.37%
  • Yes, definitely!

    9 16.67%
  • No, I don't think so.

    24 44.44%
  • No, definitely not!

    5 9.26%
  • I don't know.

    5 9.26%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 100

Thread: Will Obama's support of the Mosque hurt him/the dems in November?

  1. #51
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Will Obama's support of the Mosque hurt him/the dems in November?

    First of all Obama is full of ****. His support for the construction is solely because conservatives are against it, so by default he has to be for it. The notion that Obama supports property right is a joke and nothing more than a lie.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Will Obama's support of the Mosque hurt him/the dems in November?

    Obama said it is a local government issue. So why is he talking about it?

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Will Obama's support of the Mosque hurt him/the dems in November?

    No way... and if it matters in this election cycle (either hurting or helpings Dems) then that tells you something about Americans.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Will Obama's support of the Mosque hurt him/the dems in November?

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    No way... and if it matters in this election cycle (either hurting or helpings Dems) then that tells you something about Americans.
    Or maybe the influence of news shows that keep talking about it.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Will Obama's support of the Mosque hurt him/the dems in November?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Or maybe the influence of news shows that keep talking about it.
    Yeah but it's already well know that unfortunately "news" shows influence a lot of votes by using partisan rhetoric instead of facts and figures.

  6. #56
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Will Obama's support of the Mosque hurt him/the dems in November?

    I don't know because we like on a 24/7 news cycle and people all have news story ADD. I notice that the Republicans and Democrats alike right now are not really focusing on real issues and instead or messing with fluff and wedge issues but it seems like the social security debate is once again heating up, which one could argue is just another wedge issue. I'd say let's see what the Republicans strategy is first, but most democrats are to pussy to defend their own beliefs, and Obama loves to be muddy.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  7. #57
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Will Obama's support of the Mosque hurt him/the dems in November?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    I don't know because we like on a 24/7 news cycle and people all have news story ADD. I notice that the Republicans and Democrats alike right now are not really focusing on real issues and instead or messing with fluff and wedge issues but it seems like the social security debate is once again heating up, which one could argue is just another wedge issue. I'd say let's see what the Republicans strategy is first, but most democrats are to pussy to defend their own beliefs, and Obama loves to be muddy.
    Maybe they'll just get rid of it... Right...

  8. #58
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    10-25-11 @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    116

    Re: Will Obama's support of the Mosque hurt him/the dems in November?

    Obama's comments on the Muslim center/mosque, whatever the heck it is, were 100% correct, though I'm sure it will hurt him. Lots of people are pretty bigoted against Muslims, and most have a pretty poor understanding of the constitution.

  9. #59
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Will Obama's support of the Mosque hurt him/the dems in November?

    Quote Originally Posted by CompSciGuy View Post
    Obama's comments on the Muslim center/mosque, whatever the heck it is, were 100% correct, though I'm sure it will hurt him. Lots of people are pretty bigoted against Muslims, and most have a pretty poor understanding of the constitution.
    It's one of those decisions that history will look kindly upon but will be frowned upon at the time, like Truman's decision to integrate the army.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Will Obama's support of the Mosque hurt him/the dems in November?

    Quote Originally Posted by CompSciGuy View Post
    Obama's comments on the Muslim center/mosque, whatever the heck it is, were 100% correct, though I'm sure it will hurt him. Lots of people are pretty bigoted against Muslims, and most have a pretty poor understanding of the constitution.
    You can't comment on an issue and then say it is a local issue. If it is a local issue then Obama has no business talking about it

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •