View Poll Results: Why is The Obama’s administration in trouble?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Obama’s presidency is out of touch with the American people

    29 64.44%
  • Most Americans don’t have confidence in The Obama’s leadership

    30 66.67%
  • The Obama fails to inspire

    22 48.89%
  • The United States is drowning in debt

    38 84.44%
  • The Obama’s Big Government message is falling flat

    32 71.11%
  • The Obama’s support for socialized health care is a huge political mistake

    27 60.00%
  • The Obama’s handling of the Gulf oil spill has been weak-kneed and indecisive

    27 60.00%
  • US foreign policy is an embarrassing mess under The Obama’s administration

    26 57.78%
  • The Obama is muddled and confused on national security

    28 62.22%
  • The Obama doesn’t believe in American greatness

    29 64.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 110

Thread: Why is The Obama’s administration in trouble?

  1. #21
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Why is The Obama’s administration in trouble?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    It's a poll asking if you agree with the reasons given for The Obama's political troubles.
    By its very nature, it is one-sided.


    This is due to a lack of understanding on your part, not any defect in the poll.


    You appear to agree with at least two of the poll options -- why is it again you wont vote in the poll?
    Because of your one-sided wording.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  2. #22
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Why is The Obama’s administration in trouble?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Again, it's ranting.
    So, you can't refute the specific factual claims and conclusion that he reaches with them. Roger.

    Do you then believe that:

    -The president’s approval ratings have NOT been sliding dramatically all summer?
    -The latest Rasmussen Daily Presidential Tracking Poll of US voters does NOT show The Obama dropping to minus 22 points?
    -This is NOT the lowest point so far for Barack Obama since taking office?
    -That, while just 24 per cent of American voters strongly approve of the president’s job performance, almost twice that number, 46 per cent, do NOT strongly disapprove?
    -That 65 per cent of voters do NOT believe the United States is going down the wrong track, including 70 per cent of independents?

    Do you have anything to back up any of these beliefs?

    You can whine about the partisan point of view of the author, but that he may be partisan in no way makes him wrong -- and if you cannot show how he is wrong, either in the fsacts that he uses to support his conclusion of the conclusion itsels, all you're doing is whining.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 08-13-10 at 04:12 PM.

  3. #23
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Why is The Obama’s administration in trouble?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Because of your one-sided wording.
    ROTFL
    It's a poll asking if you agree with the reasons given for The Obama's political troubles.
    By its very nature, it is one-sided.

  4. #24
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Why is The Obama’s administration in trouble?

    No, a legit poll could have been worded much better.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  5. #25
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Why is The Obama’s administration in trouble?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    No, a legit poll could have been worded much better.
    LOL

    The author listed 10 reasons for The Obama's political troubles.

    There's NO WAY to ask if you agree with them other than listing them and asking if you agree with them.
    As such, the poll is PERFECTLY legitimate -- all YOU are doing is trying to come up with an excuse to not vote in it.

    Funny thing is, you DO agree with at least some of the options in the poll..

  6. #26
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Why is The Obama’s administration in trouble?

    Most of the silly political theories that pundits cook up on cable TV are retarded. They need to fill air time. Obama's falling popularity can be attributed to one thing: Unemployment remains high. Perhaps when he's actually on the ballot in two years, that will have changed. Or perhaps not. Whatever.

    Do you really think the average American believes, or gives a rat's ass about, stupid **** like "The Obama doesn’t believe in American greatness"? And that THAT is the cause of falling approval numbers? You, sir, are a moron.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 08-13-10 at 04:42 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why is The Obama’s administration in trouble?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, you can't refute the specific factual claims and conclusion that he reaches with them. Roger.

    Do you then believe that:

    -The president’s approval ratings have NOT been sliding dramatically all summer?
    -The latest Rasmussen Daily Presidential Tracking Poll of US voters does NOT show The Obama dropping to minus 22 points?
    -This is NOT the lowest point so far for Barack Obama since taking office?
    -That, while just 24 per cent of American voters strongly approve of the president’s job performance, almost twice that number, 46 per cent, do NOT strongly disapprove?
    -That 65 per cent of voters do NOT believe the United States is going down the wrong track, including 70 per cent of independents?

    Do you have anything to back up any of these beliefs?

    You can whine about the partisan point of view of the author, but that he may be partisan in no way makes him wrong -- and if you cannot show how he is wrong, either in the fsacts that he uses to support his conclusion of the conclusion itsels, all you're doing is whining.
    This is almost a perfect example of what a straw man is. In no way did you actually address what Hoplite said. You just continued your hysterical anti-Obama rant.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #28
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Why is The Obama’s administration in trouble?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is almost a perfect example of what a straw man is. In no way did you actually address what Hoplite said. You just continued your hysterical anti-Obama rant.
    You are so -very- obvioualy wrong.

    Hoplite dismissed the article as a partisan rant, with no argument to respond to.
    By speciflying the argument made withing the artiucle, I not only directly addressed what he said, I unquestionably refuted it.

    I -then- challnged -him- to refute the argument made in the article by asking him if he beleived that the facts stated in the article were not true, and then asked him to support those beliefs.

    So, you can contiue to defend Hoplite, attack me, and ignore the issue presented here, or you can actually address the substance of OP:

    Do you agree with the stated reasons for The Obama's decline in approval? Why/Why not?
    If not, then how do you explain it?

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why is The Obama’s administration in trouble?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You are so -very- obvioualy wrong.

    Hoplite dismissed the article as a partisan rant, with no argument to respond to.
    By speciflying the argument made withing the artiucle, I not only directly addressed what he said, I unquestionably refuted it.

    I -then- challnged -him- to refute the argument made in the article by asking him if he beleived that the facts stated in the article were not true, and then asked him to support those beliefs.

    So, you can contiue to defend Hoplite, attack me, and ignore the issue presented here, or you can actually address the substance of OP:

    Do you agree with the stated reasons for The Obama's decline in approval? Why/Why not?
    If not, then how do you explain it?
    You conveniently did not quote his whole post, and did not address his actual comments.

    Do you ever wonder why all your threads spiral down like this?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Why is The Obama’s administration in trouble?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You conveniently did not quote his whole post, and did not address his actual comments.
    As I said:
    You can contiue to defend Hoplite, attack me, and ignore the issue presented here, or you can actually address the substance of OP.

    Do you ever wonder why all your threads spiral down like this?
    Clearly, the blame for that belongs to the self-evident incapability of those that disagree with the point being made to actually address said point, forcing them to attack the poeter or the author, as necessary, to deflect attention from that point.

    This speaks poorly not of me or the author, as necessary, but of those that disagree with the point
    Your actions here only reinforce the validity of this position.

    Do you agree with the stated reasons for The Obama's decline in approval? Why/Why not?
    If not, then how do you explain it?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •