View Poll Results: Do you agree with John Stossel?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Agree with John Stossel, this part of the Civil Rights Act Should Be Repealed

    35 50.72%
  • Absolutely NOT!!!!

    30 43.48%
  • I Don't Know

    4 5.80%
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 291

Thread: John Stossel called for repeal of public accommodations section of Civil Rights Act

  1. #221
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: John Stossel called for repeal of public accommodations section of Civil Rights A

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Well I could see quite a few places down in Mississippi or hate to say this, my home state of SC (ever been to Maurice's BBQ?) embracing such an amendment to CRA, it's only a matter of time until a black or hispanic ran shop decides to do the same thing if not for anything else, but out of spite.
    Dude that already happens.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #222
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: John Stossel called for repeal of public accommodations section of Civil Rights A

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Dude that already happens.
    Which is....where?
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  3. #223
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: John Stossel called for repeal of public accommodations section of Civil Rights A

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Which is....where?
    There are certain parts of town, where white people aren't allowed to go.
    Now there aren't any signs or declarations but you just know, it isn't a place to visit.

    Edit: that's what I was saying earlier in this thread.
    Me and some buds went to eat at the Varsity in Atlanta late one night, it was closed so we went across the street to another restaurant.
    They wouldn't serve us and the customers present were hostile.
    Last edited by Harry Guerrilla; 08-14-10 at 02:09 AM.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #224
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: John Stossel called for repeal of public accommodations section of Civil Rights A

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    There are certain parts of town, where white people aren't allowed to go.
    Now there aren't any signs or declarations but you just know, it isn't a place to visit.

    Edit: that's what I was saying earlier in this thread.
    Me and some buds went to eat at the Varsity in Atlanta late one night, it was closed so we went across the street to another restaurant.
    They wouldn't serve us and the customers present were hostile.
    Correction, you were to scared to get served and didn't feel like making a big **** about it. The same has happened to me in Atlanta, Cincinnati, etc that doesn't make it legal though. I'll be honest I never really made a big **** about it either, but it works both ways and I've never been anywhere in broad daylight that wouldn't serve me. Racism without a doubt exist from both sides but giving people a license to institute it isn't a good idea either.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  5. #225
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: John Stossel called for repeal of public accommodations section of Civil Rights A

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Correction, you were to scared to get served and didn't feel like making a big **** about it. The same has happened to me in Atlanta, Cincinnati, etc that doesn't make it legal though. I'll be honest I never really made a big **** about it either, but it works both ways and I've never been anywhere in broad daylight that wouldn't serve me. Racism without a doubt exist from both sides but giving people a license to institute it isn't a good idea either.
    I don't think it was racism, just prejudice and bigotry.
    There's no point in making a stink about it though, I won't give them any of my money.

    I'm free to choose.



    This guy says so and I like it.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #226
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: John Stossel called for repeal of public accommodations section of Civil Rights A

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I don't think it was racism, just prejudice and bigotry.
    There's no point in making a stink about it though, I won't give them any of my money.

    I'm free to choose.



    This guy says so and I like it.
    Jesus Christ please don't tell me that's Milton Friedmen..that is another discussion completely.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  7. #227
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: John Stossel called for repeal of public accommodations section of Civil Rights A

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Jesus Christ please don't tell me that's Milton Friedmen..that is another discussion completely.
    But he's absolutely right.

    We are all free to choose, CRA or not.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #228
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: John Stossel called for repeal of public accommodations section of Civil Rights A

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    no, you can't force them to like each other, that's true. but you can force them to keep their personal prejudices out of business. at least, in theory.
    You cannot force people to keep their personal prejudices out of business either. All you do is keep personal prejudices in business hidden. My point is these type of statues make the people children and the state the parents which is damaging to the people.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  9. #229
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: John Stossel called for repeal of public accommodations section of Civil Rights A

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    taxes don't, the law does.
    The statute is incorrect. The state has no authority in this matter. It’s our human right to freedom of association, the right to pick and choose who we interact with and do business with.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  10. #230
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: John Stossel called for repeal of public accommodations section of Civil Rights A

    Quote Originally Posted by peepnklown View Post
    The statute is incorrect. The state has no authority in this matter. It’s our human right to freedom of association, the right to pick and choose who we interact with and do business with.
    Only in a libertarian paradise is that true. Here in America we opt for a civilized society.


Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •