View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 81 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #801
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Hmm what about the people that don't have kids and still pay taxes?
    They shouldn't have to pay for public education.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  2. #802
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    You still have choice, just no vouchers.

    They call it PUBLIC school.

    You have lost no freedom.

    There are a lot of things my tax money goes to that I would like see diverted elsewhere. But I cannot have my way either. I have lost no freedom.
    Ah but the Public schools are junk, so why should I be forced to send my kid there? Why SHOULDN'T there be a voucher program? Give one GOOD reason.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #803
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    It says every weird of scripture is God breathed. Meaning original text, not poor interpretations.

    And you do misinterpret everything to fit your political beliefs.
    Actually that is what you are doing to justify homosexuality which is still sin by the way.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  4. #804
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    This argument is constantly dodged. They don't get the concept of taxes. Your not paying for your kid, if so, my parents wouldn't be paying school taxes still I graduated 18 years ago.

    You are paying your taxes, if you want private school that is your choice, but that choice doesn't active you of taxes.

    They dodge this argument because it shreds their argument to pieces.

    You don't have a choice in whether or not you pay your taxes.
    sorry no.......your angry, becuase people to not share your point of view, and hold different ideas than you do, and you want to force your ideas pass their's, and tell them to go elsewhere.

  5. #805
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    They shouldn't have to pay for public education.
    You don't think they derive any benefit from it?

  6. #806
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You don't think they derive any benefit from it?
    That's not the point. Why should I pay for some other kids education? Why should I be forced to pay for someone's housing? Why should I be forced to put food on someone's table? This is NOT the role of government.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #807
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Ah but the Public schools are junk, so why should I be forced to send my kid there? Why SHOULDN'T there be a voucher program? Give one GOOD reason.
    Because private school is a privilege not a right.

  8. #808
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,277

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    This argument is constantly dodged. They don't get the concept of taxes. Your not paying for your kid, if so, my parents wouldn't be paying school taxes still I graduated 18 years ago.

    You are paying your taxes, if you want private school that is your choice, but that choice doesn't active you of taxes.

    They dodge this argument because it shreds their argument to pieces.

    You don't have a choice in whether or not you pay your taxes.
    I would like my taxes NOT to go to war (unless we are in immediate danger) and especially not the war machine that has made war a profitable enterprise - profiting not the country but to war profiteers that line the pockets of our politicians.

    Can I have that?

  9. #809
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    That's not the point.
    I made my point. We all benefit from education.

  10. #810
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,044

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    excuse i did not bring it up, ..it was already in play on the thread...i just enter that subject which was being discussed.

    the attacks on faith will not work with me...sorry
    neither will appeals to faith work on me.
    Still don't understand why you are against schools teaching tolerance and understanding of those who are different.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

Page 81 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •