View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 62 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #611
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Take the slippery slope. This is 100% true. Homosexual marriage wasn't accepted until very recently. What is to stop bestiality? What is to stop incest? Nothing.
    nope the slippery slope argument is one of the easiest fails lol
    if one actually understands what a slippery slope is

    fighting for equal rights and ending discrimination is not a slippery slope.

    Bestiality? LMAO
    animals cant enter into contracts and the law considers that animal abused and a victim based on lack of consent

    Incest?

    incest was legal, then it wasn't, now some of it is and that took place BEFORE gay marriage and none of the arguments/precedence line up
    so this one fails also, it has nothing to do with equal rights for gays

    since you just proved you dont know what a slippery slope is ill explain it.

    a slippery slope is when one thing directly leads to another using solely the identical principles, things, etc. In this case it would be arguments and precedence. Both of your examples factually fail those requirements.

    your filed logic sounds like the racists and bigots of the past

    "if we let women vote might as well let my dog vote, if we let minorities be people my horse might as well be a person, if blacks can marry whites we will be marrying monkeys next."
    Sorry these mentally retarded and failed arguments were stupid and uneducated then and the same remains true today.

    let me know when you have some more that can get destroyed.

    so when you said 100% true if you meant everything after that you were 100% wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #612
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope the slippery slope argument is one of the easiest fails lol
    if one actually understands what a slippery slope is

    fighting for equal rights and ending discrimination is not a slippery slope.

    Bestiality? LMAO
    animals cant enter into contracts and the law considers that animal abused and a victim based on lack of consent

    Incest?

    incest was legal, then it wasn't, now some of it is and that took place BEFORE gay marriage and none of the arguments/precedence line up
    so this one fails also, it has nothing to do with equal rights for gays

    since you just proved you dont know what a slippery slope is ill explain it.

    a slippery slope is when one thing directly leads to another using solely the identical principles, things, etc. In this case it would be arguments and precedence. Both of your examples factually fail those requirements.

    your filed logic sounds like the racists and bigots of the past

    "if we let women vote might as well let my dog vote, if we let minorities be people my horse might as well be a person, if blacks can marry whites we will be marrying monkeys next."
    Sorry these mentally retarded and failed arguments were stupid and uneducated then and the same remains true today.

    let me know when you have some more that can get destroyed.

    so when you said 100% true if you meant everything after that you were 100% wrong.
    You think you destroyed it? No, you just showed arrogance and ignorance. Nothing else happened here.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #613
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    You think you destroyed it? No, you just showed arrogance and ignorance. Nothing else happened here.

    yes you were destoryed as usual

    and i challenge you to find one honest and respected poster that agrees with you that equal rights for gays is a slippery slope to bestiality. That is one of the most mentally retarded and intellectually void and dishonest failed arguments against gays one can post.

    anybody? any takers?

    after that, explain using FACTS how your example fits?

    since incest factually fails because it existed before explain how legally, argumentative wise and using the sole and identical precedence for equal rights for gays it leads to bestiality, i cant wait to read this humor. my guess is youll post nothing but deflections but ill be here waiting anyway. PLEASE PLEASE PlEASE proceed.

    once again facts destroy your failed and weak posts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #614
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,751

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Take the slippery slope. This is 100% true. Homosexual marriage wasn't accepted until very recently. What is to stop bestiality? What is to stop incest? Nothing.
    To me, it's a question of harm and freedom.

    In the case of "normal" marriage, we have what has been going on for centuries - 1 man and 1 woman marrying for various reasons, hopefully to raise children and support each other...

    In the case of "same sex" marriage, we have the same thing, only instead of 1 man and one woman we have 2 of the same sex. Again, through various slightly more convoluted means, these 2 individuals can raise children and support each other.

    In neither case is harm intended (or at least I hope not), although it does happen.

    In the case of incest, I think harm almost assuredly does happen. Some argument can be made for very strange situations, but at the same time, there are genetic issues, which I think is a highly probable and fairly fact-based harm to any offspring.

    In the case of bestiality...well....I'm sure some harm must occur. Not least optical pain.

    Point is, what/who does "gay marriage" harm? Anyone? Anything?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #615
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,751

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    traditionalists are always going to hold onto the hope that they can eventually return to the "glory days". I'm glad this young generation is finally beginning to realize the meaning of equality.
    One problem is that human memory is almost always flawed and skewed towards remembering the good things while forgetting the bad.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #616
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    History is not a great example; there's definitely my history and your history. If you asked a Nazi or a N. Korean about our country, we are the bad guys. By your argument, the Nazis were moral people; they were taught morals in school and kept them.
    That wasn't my argument. Not even close.

  7. #617
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope the slippery slope argument is one of the easiest fails lol
    if one actually understands what a slippery slope is

    fighting for equal rights and ending discrimination is not a slippery slope.

    Bestiality? LMAO
    animals cant enter into contracts and the law considers that animal abused and a victim based on lack of consent

    Incest?

    incest was legal, then it wasn't, now some of it is and that took place BEFORE gay marriage and none of the arguments/precedence line up
    so this one fails also, it has nothing to do with equal rights for gays

    since you just proved you dont know what a slippery slope is ill explain it.

    a slippery slope is when one thing directly leads to another using solely the identical principles, things, etc. In this case it would be arguments and precedence. Both of your examples factually fail those requirements.

    your filed logic sounds like the racists and bigots of the past

    "if we let women vote might as well let my dog vote, if we let minorities be people my horse might as well be a person, if blacks can marry whites we will be marrying monkeys next."
    Sorry these mentally retarded and failed arguments were stupid and uneducated then and the same remains true today.

    let me know when you have some more that can get destroyed.

    so when you said 100% true if you meant everything after that you were 100% wrong.
    Don't get caught up in traps. Incest and bestiality are not homosexuality and if people want to discuss those issues then they ought to start threads regarding them.

    It isn't the slippery slope fallacy its a bait and switch, a red herring, its a complete switch of topic.

    If we are talking about the moral issues of homosexuality and someone brings up some other thing that they have moral objection to it isn't a slippery slope.

    Saying that incest or bestiality are anything remotely related to homosexuality is like saying murder its related to heterosexuality.

    Don't entertain distractions, its sometimes the only fall back that people have when they have no real argument to make.

  8. #618
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    1.)Don't get caught up in traps. Incest and bestiality are not homosexuality and if people want to discuss those issues then they ought to start threads regarding them.
    2.)It isn't the slippery slope fallacy its a bait and switch, a red herring, its a complete switch of topic.
    3.) If we are talking about the moral issues of homosexuality and someone brings up some other thing that they have moral objection to it isn't a slippery slope.
    4.) Saying that incest or bestiality are anything remotely related to homosexuality is like saying murder its related to heterosexuality.
    5.) Don't entertain distractions, its sometimes the only fall back that people have when they have no real argument to make.
    1.) trust me every educated person knows this but i still like kicking dishonest posters when they are down
    2.) you are correct
    3.) you are correct again
    4.) correct a 3rd time
    5.) i dont entertain them, they entertain me
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #619
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Take the slippery slope. This is 100% true. Homosexual marriage wasn't accepted until very recently. What is to stop bestiality? What is to stop incest? Nothing.
    What does bestiality have to do with homosexuality? Why do you feel the need to distract from the question at hand by bringing up things that aren't related?

    Is it perhaps that you have no real reason for supporting discrimination against homosexuality accept through your own make believe that somehow allowing homosexuals to be d equal will magically undo all morals? Why didn't you just go all the way to murder.

    One time not that long ago same sex marriage was not legal. what is to stop murder from being legalized.

    Homosexuality isn't bestiality, murder, incest, theft, child molestation, arson, or any other sort of action that isn't homosexuality. So instead of pretending that it is some proverbial flood gate being open that you have to throw absurd arguments at to close, stop being a phony martyr and stop with the phony arguments.

    Explain why homosexuality should not be legally accepted keeping in mind that the bill of rights clearly states that the state shall make no law respecting the establishment of a religion.

  10. #620
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) trust me every educated person knows this but i still like kicking dishonest posters when they are down
    2.) you are correct
    3.) you are correct again
    4.) correct a 3rd time
    5.) i dont entertain them, they entertain me
    lol....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •