View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 61 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #601
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    failed deflection 77, simply stay on topic, stop deflecting and answer the question?

    did CC present facts. Yes or no?
    time to boat this bass .....of a thread

  2. #602
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    01-19-18 @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,455

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    time to boat this bass .....of a thread
    failed deflection 78, simply stay on topic, stop deflecting and answer the question?

    did CC present facts. Yes or no?
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  3. #603
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    failed deflection 78, simply stay on topic, stop deflecting and answer the question?

    did CC present facts. Yes or no?

  4. #604
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    01-09-18 @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    153,358

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Moderator's Warning:
    Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)Agent J and ernst... if EITHER of you continue with this stupid repetitious reposting, you will get a thread ban AND an infraction. Knock it off.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #605
    Advisor douglas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-29-16 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    458

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    While that manner of education works well when you are trying to pry in a behavior like homosexuality where the goal is to eliminate any moral or value judgments, it is a horrible to teach history for example. Eliminate morals and values from the conversation and what does the teaching of WWII look like? Cant say the Nazis were bad and we were good because that is a value judgment. Is tyranny a good or bad way of governing? Cant say, that would be a value judgment. The whole issue of human rights would be left untaught since rights are a moral concept in themselves. Or if you were to teach them, countrys that defend rights, like the US, and countrys that suppress them, like North Korea, would have to be viewed in an equal light without any "moral or value judgments" applied. Sorry, but that is not an education.
    History is not a great example; there's definitely my history and your history. If you asked a Nazi or a N. Korean about our country, we are the bad guys. By your argument, the Nazis were moral people; they were taught morals in school and kept them.

    The issue with teaching morality in school is that it's extremely subjective, and that's why it doesn't make for good education.

    I could be wrong, but what I think Ernst was getting at is that when you have a school teach that homosexuality is normal, moral behavior, the school is making an argument that runs counter to the moral and value judgments that parents have imparted upon their children. So what you wind up with is a government school, to which most children are forced to go, imparting values that run counter to the values of the people who are forced to attend. The idea that homosexuality is even mentioned in public school is the result of a political agenda, thus a value judgment. So he is right in that respect.
    First of all, most Americans accept Homosexuals; According to The Global Divide on Homosexuality | Pew Global Attitudes Project , 74% of 18-29yo Americans say we should accept Homosexuals, 64% of 30-49yo, and 60% of every age group. A similar poll from Gallup puts it at 54% of every age group Gay and Lesbian Rights | Gallup Historical Trends . I couldn't find even one reputable poll that didn't show a majority of Americans saying that it's morally good to accept Homosexuals. If anyone thought this was an unpopular development in America, they're wrong.

    Although I'll completely agree with the fact that including Homosexuality in education is a political move, that doesn't make it wrong. If you think back to any minority group that has been discriminated against in our country, we know that the changes always started in the minds of children; if there hadn't been the right teachers, mentors, and friends in the lives of the majority of Americans since the 70's, we'd still have rampant racism across the nation. Racism, like all discrimination, starts with the parents. Was teaching civil rights/tolerance against the wishes of a whole bunch of parents? Probably, but teaching a uniform message to children at school was the only reason racism went into a decline.

    The problem with the "parents morals" argument is that it assumes that parents are right by definition. We know this to be false, from any child abuse case ever documented. From the context of discrimination, do we think about racist parents as being morally good? I'm shamed by people who still yell the N word at completely random black people as they go by. Should we have special "racist" schools for the children of racist parents? Segregation? The KKK youth camps? All of these proposals are completely valid under the assumption that parents are always right and society should have no influence over education.

    It all comes down to the one moral axiom of this argument; it is moral to teach a message of tolerance over a message of hate, no matter how we teach that message of tolerance, who we're tolerating, or who's doing the hating. To just let hate and discrimination fester due to fear that we'll anger some parents is the only immoral act involved. It would be cowardice.

    But, as has always been the case, gay-haters can send their kids to private schools, or home school. It's not true that anyone is forcing you, or your kids, to do anything.

  6. #606
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,522

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    The poll results here are not too different from the similarly unrealistic dualistic either-or poll for the nation at large regarding simplistic favor of the oxymoronic application of "marriage" to same-sex relevant relationships (53%) and opposition to that ludicrously oxymoronic application (47%).

    Though these two polls do illustrate the obvious deadlock, unrealistic-choice dualistic either-or polls on this matter do not tell the true relevant story.

    This thread ( http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...post1062303771 ), and in most recent particular, this post in that thread ( http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...post1062318413 ), more realistically present where America is truly at on the issue.

    70% support government and private enterprise recognition of same-sex relevant relationships, but 63% do not support recognition under the oxymoronic term "marriage".

    Thus, with respect to the question posed in this thread, gay "marriage" should rightly be stopped, as it is not a rights issue and the considerable majority support for recognition exists but this considerable majority only exists under the condition that recognition occur under an appropriate term other than "marriage", like, for instance, "homarriage".

    And, considering that's what America really wants, gay activists need to let go of the rabble-rousing and ludicrous gay "marriage" campaign and more intelligently support their bottom-line goal of recognition, and thus effort should be dropped on getting state constitutions changed to support the oxymoronic gay "marriage", and effort should be placed both on getting state constitutions changed to disallow it as well as create statutes in all 50 states called "homarriage" (or whatever term other than "marriage" is descriptively relevant).

    This is the right thing to do, for every reason.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  7. #607
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Hello everyone, the other thread reached almost 2000 posts and 192 pages!!!!
    It had to be closed because at around 2000 post it becomes taxing on the server, thanks independent_thinker2002

    Anyway lets keep it going since we had some great talks, some people even woke up and saw theres no reason and some had some at least semi-sensible new angles but still fell short. Not to mention I wanna continue because its funs and supports my research.

    Heres the link below and Ill also repost the OP.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...ight-stop.html

    Also just for an FYI the poll was spammed and the new one will be public but last CC (Captain Courtesy) checked it mirrored the results of the others I have conducted under THIS premise or is it right to stop not what you believe and that was AROUND 75% no and 25% yes.

    Now on to the OP
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Not only am I looking for your opinion im looking for your reasoning if your answer is yes.

    I have discussed gay marriage many many times and have yet to hear ONE sound, reasonable, logical, non-bias, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american reason to "Stop" gay marriage. Almost every reason I have ever heard was also used about women’s rights, equal rights, interracial marriage etc. the reason were dumb illogical then and the most certainly still are today, even more so since not only common sense and facts proves them wrong but history.

    now mind you, pay attention to my verbiage, I said reason to STOP it.

    That means in America I think its fine for anybody to:
    THINK its wrong, gross or offensive etc
    TEACH its wrong gross or offensive etc
    PREACH its wrong gross or offensive etc
    BELIEVE its wrong gross or offensive etc
    FEEL its wrong gross or offensive etc
    etc

    and i also believe and support in your rights to do so but once you try to stop it I think you wrong on so many levels.
    I can’t imagine how AMERICANS think they have the right to tell two CONSENTING ADULTS who and who they cant marry lmao

    Does it get anymore pompous, arrogant, selfish, hypercritical and anti american than that. How anybody thinks they have the right to tell a consenting adult they cant marry another consenting adult is beyond me.

    Also to be clear Im also not saying its wrong for you to VOTE on the subject everybody has that right of course.

    I myself am not gay so I REALLY feel its non of my business but has an american I have to call BS on the other so called americans that do think its there business some how.

    Anyway maybe this time will be different, it’ll actually be VERY interesting if it is different. So does anybody have ONE sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american reason to "Stop" gay marriage.

    Who thinks they have a sound reason why they should get to tell one American consenting adults they cant marry another consenting American adult.


    Also for some reference Ill try to list the general reasons people thought of that have been thoroughly debunked.

    Religion/god/bibleMeaningless and debunked

    Slipper slope argument: I should be able to marry my dog, pedophiles marring children etc. – Ludicrous and debunked

    Marriage is between a man and woman – this is a lie/opinion. Meaningless and debunked

    Morals – your morals are subjective, shouldn’t be forced on others and your morals aren’t effected one bit, you still get to believe in them as you see fit. Meaningless and debunked

    Gay Parents will “turn” their kids gay – LMAO this is also a uneducated fantasy. It has been proven that that children raised by gay parents are no more likely to be or not be gay. It has also been proven that children raised in a multi-parent home on average do better than a single parent home no matter the sex. Ignorant and debunked

    Churches will lose their rights – another silly argument that appeals to emotion and could probably be added under the “slipper slope” argument as well. Churches are already protected and will never lose their rights, they discriminate RIGHT NOW against who they want including STRAIGHT couples and will be able to continue to do so under the first amendment. Ludicrous and debunked

    Alright heres the most current update and lets have fun!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OFFICIAL COUNTER
    how many sound, reasonable, logical, non-bias, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american reason are there to "Stop" gay marriage

    GOOD REASONS: 0
    Your personal bias is showing by saying the arguments are all debunked.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  8. #608
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    01-19-18 @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,455

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Your personal bias is showing by saying the arguments are all debunked.
    nope, two threads and 100s of pages prove they all have been debunked as far as "stopping it"
    if you disagre,e like everybody else that has failed so far please being fourth any arguments you think are good enough for discrimination. I cant wait to read them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  9. #609
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope, two threads and 100s of pages prove they all have been debunked as far as "stopping it"
    if you disagre,e like everybody else that has failed so far please being fourth any arguments you think are good enough for discrimination. I cant wait to read them.
    Take the slippery slope. This is 100% true. Homosexual marriage wasn't accepted until very recently. What is to stop bestiality? What is to stop incest? Nothing.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  10. #610
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    traditionalists are always going to hold onto the hope that they can eventually return to the "glory days". I'm glad this young generation is finally beginning to realize the meaning of equality.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •