View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 6 of 121 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #51
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by chickie View Post
    No. I don't care about shellfish. I care about preserving the traditional American family, morals, ethics, honor, integrity, and the Word of God. I'm not bothering/picketing homosexuals, either.
    Don't see anything about gay marriage that is an offense against morals, ethics, honor, or integrity. Matter of fact, by promoting committed, married relationships I'd argue that gay marriage supports those things.

    If you think gay marriage is immoral, you should absolutely be out in the streets trying to put a stop to it. But I have yet to see a single coherent argument as to why it's immoral.
    Last edited by Korimyr the Rat; 08-09-10 at 05:54 PM.

  2. #52
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    What else is it that we post on an internet forum... other than "opinion". The law changes... and the law you are claiming is only in a handful of states. Being direct and answering honestly isn't smugness - it's being direct. But I like it when you think I'm smug... I'll continue to be. And it so happens voters who elect the lawmakers agree with my view - especially in California. The judge, especially activist one's, will reflect what the lawmakers tell them to reflect. Laws also are not permanent. What is today, is gone tomorrow.


    However... your little tantrums can be avoided if you just call gay unions something else. Then, I don't think the people or the lawmakers or the activist judges would have to be bothered. Stubborn and ignorant people who want their cake and eat it too usually get neither... which is what I'm pulling for in your case.
    tantrums? you mean me laughing at you LOL
    also i dont think you are being direct you are smug for being smug direct doesnt bother me one bit

    if you could see reality the people that dont want gay marriage are the ones that want their cake and it to

    the people that want gay marriage want ALL people to be treated fairly and equaly and to not discriminate and EVERYBODY to be able to practice their own morals

    your way is to discriminate and force your morals on EVERYBODY and they only get treated fairly and equally if they go by YOUR views LMAO

    Ill be pulling for equality and being anti-discrimination LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    But I have yet to see a single coherent argument as to why it's immoral.
    The Bible says so. Don't you know? That's the only argument we need!

    Seriously... the Christian Dominionists think that God's law is perfectly logical and applicable to the rest of us.

  4. #54
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    A different word.
    We've been over this already, Ockham.

    What you suggest is, indeed, "separate but equal".
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #55
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    tantrums? you mean me laughing at you LOL
    also i dont think you are being direct you are smug for being smug direct doesnt bother me one bit

    if you could see reality the people that dont want gay marriage are the ones that want their cake and it to

    the people that want gay marriage want ALL people to be treated fairly and equaly and to not discriminate and EVERYBODY to be able to practice their own morals

    your way is to discriminate and force your morals on EVERYBODY and they only get treated fairly and equally if they go by YOUR views LMAO

    Ill be pulling for equality and being anti-discrimination LMAO
    Sure... call it whatever you want, just don't call it marriage. Glad I could be helpful.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #56
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    We've been over this already, Ockham.

    What you suggest is, indeed, "separate but equal".
    Geese are separate but equal from Ducks because Ducks are not Geese... so be it. All I want is it to be called something other than marriage. You say that's separate but equal... fine. It's separate but equal.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #57
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Last Seen
    04-25-11 @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    I think I'd rather see these questions answered: Is it right that marriage is a legal issue in the first place? Why should the government involve itself in the private lives of citizens? And why should married couples - gay or straight - have to pay less tax than unmarried people? Doesn't this discriminate across the board against unmarried people?

  8. #58
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    It would be interesting to see what percentage of this site is dedicated to debate on gay issues.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #59
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Geese are separate but equal from Ducks because Ducks are not Geese... so be it. All I want is it to be called something other than marriage. You say that's separate but equal... fine. It's separate but equal.
    And I want all legal unions currently termed "marraige" to be called something else. ALL.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #60
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Sure... call it whatever you want, just don't call it marriage. Glad I could be helpful.
    you were, you admited that you are a hypocrite and want to discriminate thanks but I already knew that

    sorry I choose not to discriminate against my fellow americans
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 6 of 121 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •