View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #501
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    then take your medal, and feel good
    YAY i won on a internet debate board

    Look out ivy league debate teams here I come!

  2. #502
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,723

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    But couldn't you do that for every potential relationship? By your standard every relationship is normal.
    I am uninterested in other relationships. You wanted to know how to determine that homosexuality is normal. I told you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #503
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    What should and should not be taught in schools is always an issue because we basically have government run education. If all education were private and with no state involvement, what children learn and, hence, what is taught, would be up to the parents. As it should be. The proper fight is against the idea of government schools, not what they teach there.
    And if the parents want to teach the Earth is flat 6000 years old frog warts heal cancer? Nah I don't like your idea.

  4. #504
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,723

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    So you use the thoughts (e.g. definitions) of others the shape your beliefs. Got it...
    No, I use accepted definitions to understand how words and language are understood. Of course if you want to define words differently, be my guest, though I suspect you are going to have a problem communicating.

    Nice try.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #505
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    What should and should not be taught in schools is always an issue because we basically have government run education. If all education were private and with no state involvement, what children learn and, hence, what is taught, would be up to the parents. As it should be. The proper fight is against the idea of government schools, not what they teach there.
    my argument is government is not a moral authority.

    for those who currently sit in governmental seats to teach children there set of values during their terms.

  6. #506
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    new word ....owned

    please continue
    I will, i love this!
    not only is it hilarious but its interesting. I always wonder what the motivation is or the disconnect that leads somebody to such desperation to deny facts. Insecurities? dishonesty? ignorance of the topic? embarrassment? or just simply trying to get a raise out of others, which would be a definite fail in this case. either way funny.

    anyway, back to topic

    please continue deflecting and getting owned
    so now if you will, in your next post please link/state these facts that support your failed, laughable claims or dodge and lose again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #507
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,273

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I am uninterested in other relationships. You wanted to know how to determine that homosexuality is normal. I told you.
    No, you gave me a formula for determining how every relationship can be defined as normal. But by declaring everything as normal, you destroy the concept of normalcy. Which seems to be your goal here anyway.

  8. #508
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, I use accepted definitions to understand how words and language are understood. Of course if you want to define words differently, be my guest, though I suspect you are going to have a problem communicating.

    Nice try.
    Let's get a bit more basic in this discussion. At what level of government should education be controlled, if at all?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #509
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no ...i presented no facts here ..
    boom and there you have it!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #510
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,723

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    What should and should not be taught in schools is always an issue because we basically have government run education. If all education were private and with no state involvement, what children learn and, hence, what is taught, would be up to the parents. As it should be. The proper fight is against the idea of government schools, not what they teach there.
    Nah, I'm fine with an universal curriculum. Government schools tend to be less values-oriented in what they teach. Once you start adding values in general education, you muck up the presentation of facts. If parents want to teach their kids their values, they certainly can.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •