View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 41 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #401
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Yes because that is a value judgement and factually incorrect.



    No, because that is information.



    Your prediction is correct but your reasoning is not. It's about facts, not values. YOU have clearly stated that you do not want values taught in schools. Seems to me that you don't want facts that you don't like taught in schools.




    Feelings are irrelevant. Facts are relevant. I've explained this to you.
    no its what you believe to be correct, others have a different point of view then you do.

    you look a the equation from your side, and are happy as long as things go your way, but you are unhappy when things don't.

    this issue divides people, by government taking a position on the issue they then come down on one side, and government is not suppose to take any side.

  2. #402
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    1.)no its what you believe to be correct, others have a different point of view then you do.

    you look a the equation from your side, and are happy as long as things go your way, but you are unhappy when things don't.

    this issue divides people, by government taking a position on the issue they then come down on one side, and government is not suppose to take any side.

    wow, really?


    yeah thats it, im going to yell at my school tomorrow, i dont want them teaching that old math that 2+2=4 when i know it equals five and they better not tell my kid all the left-handed people, redheaded people, blacks and or Catholic people and jewish people are normal!

    how dare they!!!!! they are taking sides!!!!





    yep thats exactly how inane and unedcuated about this topic your failed logic is
    Last edited by AGENT J; 09-14-13 at 08:10 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #403
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no its what you believe to be correct, others have a different point of view then you do.
    No, it's what has been proven to be correct. The opposing point of view, since incorrect factually, is a value judgment.

    you look a the equation from your side, and are happy as long as things go your way, but you are unhappy when things don't.
    You seem to not want facts that are inconvenient to your belief system to be presented. Are you in favor of censorship?

    this issue divides people, by government taking a position on the issue they then come down on one side, and government is not suppose to take any side.
    The government is taking the side of factual information. You keep ignoring this point.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #404
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    I stated want i see here from each of you, you belive your side has the facts.

    However you beliveing that does not make it fact

    other people believe things they consider facts also, which are opposite of yours.

    So you wish to count your own facts and discard theirs, well in your own world, you can do that, however in the public domain you dont get to put what you belive to be facts put on a pedestal, and everyone ahere to them.

    Clearly you are like most other citizens, who puts his own views above others, no matter the cost.

  5. #405
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Enst it is normal and natural for X% of population to be homosexual in the same manner it is normal and natural for X% of the population to be born with red hair or a congenital heart defect or to be let handed.

  6. #406
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    I stated want i see here from each of you, you belive your side has the facts.

    However you beliveing that does not make it fact
    We do not BELIEVE we have facts. We HAVE facts. That's the difference.

    other people believe things they consider facts also, which are opposite of yours.
    Other people's beliefs are irrelevant. They aren't facts, they are beliefs.

    Again, you seem to be complaining because facts that you don't like will be provided. Facts are facts. You not liking them is irrelevant.

    So you wish to count your own facts and discard theirs, well in your own world, you can do that, however in the public domain you dont get to put what you belive to be facts put on a pedestal, and everyone ahere to them.
    Since theirs are not facts, of course I get to discard them when it comes to providing info. No reason to provide false information.

    Clearly you are like most other citizens, who puts his own views above others, no matter the cost.
    No, that would be you. I support presenting facts. You support suppressing facts because you don't like them.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #407
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Those things are not feelings. It is factual that homosexuality, other than in a statistical sense, is normal.
    Howso?

  8. #408
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Howso?
    Normalcy, in this case, refers to something that is without defect or disorder. Plenty of studies show that those who are homosexual are no different than those who are heterosexual. The Hooker study demonstrated this and was one of the reasons for homosexuality to be removed from the DSM as a disorder. All major health organizations see homosexuality as a normal variant or difference in sexual orientation.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #409
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    I stated want i see here from each of you, you belive your side has the facts.

    However you beliveing that does not make it fact

    other people believe things they consider facts also, which are opposite of yours.

    So you wish to count your own facts and discard theirs, well in your own world, you can do that, however in the public domain you dont get to put what you belive to be facts put on a pedestal, and everyone ahere to them.

    Clearly you are like most other citizens, who puts his own views above others, no matter the cost.
    the dishonesty in your posts and or lack of education on this topic is astounding

    beliefs dont matter facts matter, trying to run from this is what got your post destroyed and is still getting your post destroyed.
    Facts defeat you again and my anology about your failed logic was spot on

    "yeah thats it, im going to yell at my school tomorrow, i dont want them teaching that old math that 2+2=4 when i know it equals five and they better not tell my kid all the left-handed people, redheaded people, blacks and or Catholic people and jewish people are normal!

    how dare they!!!!! they are taking sides!!!!"


    yep your argument is that silly and fails that bad
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #410
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    We do not BELIEVE we have facts. We HAVE facts. That's the difference.



    Other people's beliefs are irrelevant. They aren't facts, they are beliefs.

    Again, you seem to be complaining because facts that you don't like will be provided. Facts are facts. You not liking them is irrelevant.



    Since theirs are not facts, of course I get to discard them when it comes to providing info. No reason to provide false information.



    No, that would be you. I support presenting facts. You support suppressing facts because you don't like them.
    if you and others believe government can promote things you believe in, THEN government can promote things of other people you don't believe in.

Page 41 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •