View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 38 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #371
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,982

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Should your right to marry be put to a vote Digs?Shoud the rights of inter-racial couples to marry be put to a vote?Majority rules, right?
    I shouldn't even respond to the stawman of ssm=inter racial marriage or that they are even remotely similar.

    Marriage policy is marriage policy. Redefining marriage to include new unions is a policy issue more closely related to setting a tax rate or something else that is policy (not rights) based. Majority rules, that's democracy and within the state's rights. When sexuality is a protected class in the constitution like race and religion then you may have an argument. It's unconstitutional to deny people the ability to marry based on their race, it is within a state's right and policy to not redefine marriage to include new unions like ssm.

    As to the poll question, of course it's right for people to stop or try to prevent ssm from being legalized. They have every right to vote on their beliefs and stop something they believe is wrong just like anyone else.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  2. #372
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I shouldn't even respond to the stawman of ssm=inter racial marriage or that they are even remotely similar.

    Marriage policy is marriage policy. Redefining marriage to include new unions is a policy issue more closely related to setting a tax rate or something else that is policy (not rights) based. Majority rules, that's democracy and within the state's rights. When sexuality is a protected class in the constitution like race and religion then you may have an argument. It's unconstitutional to deny people the ability to marry based on their race, it is within a state's right and policy to not redefine marriage to include new unions like ssm.

    As to the poll question, of course it's right for people to stop or try to prevent ssm from being legalized. They have every right to vote on their beliefs and stop something they believe is wrong just like anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Also to be clear Im also not saying its wrong for you to VOTE on the subject everybody has that right of course.
    that was not the question
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #373
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    After debating on this sight, i have come to that conclusion.
    See? This is what happens when extremist spew their stupidity too loudly. Compromise on issues can certainly happen, but when extremists... in this case, those who are anti-gay, spew stupid nonesensical comment after stupid nonsensical comment, people who are more moderate realize that there won't be any compromise, so one must take the opposing position. It's the anti-gay extremists that are going to make gay marriage a reality, simply because their arguments are so dumb and bigoted. If they played this smart, they'd stop arguing in the way that they do.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #374
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    See? This is what happens when extremist spew their stupidity too loudly. Compromise on issues can certainly happen, but when extremists... in this case, those who are anti-gay, spew stupid nonesensical comment after stupid nonsensical comment, people who are more moderate realize that there won't be any compromise, so one must take the opposing position. It's the anti-gay extremists that are going to make gay marriage a reality, simply because their arguments are so dumb and bigoted. If they played this smart, they'd stop arguing in the way that they do.
    Indeed, I have heard repeatedly that I should be happy with this made up civil union, and that marriage is reserved for the right kind of relationship. The line is in the sand, I was forced to pick a side.

    Its all good though, we are winning.

  5. #375
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post


    That means in America I think its fine for anybody to:
    THINK its wrong, gross or offensive etc
    TEACH its wrong gross or offensive etc<----------------------------
    PREACH its wrong gross or offensive etc
    BELIEVE its wrong gross or offensive etc
    FEEL its wrong gross or offensive etc
    etc
    i am answering you again, because of what you posted here.

    who is it that does the teaching?

    is it the parents, or the school ?....that teaches its ....... wrong gross or offensive

    if you say the school has no business teaching its wrong gross or offensive, .........then on the other hand, the school has no authority to teach its good decent or proper.

  6. #376
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Indeed, I have heard repeatedly that I should be happy with this made up civil union, and that marriage is reserved for the right kind of relationship. The line is in the sand, I was forced to pick a side.

    Its all good though, we are winning.
    Exactly. I've seen stuff like this before. This is why the reasonable people on the side of an issue should do everything in their power to shut down and denigrate the unreasonable people on their side of that issue. Those people do more damage then the opposition. Consider that Fred Phelps probably does more for the pro-gay movement than many gay rights activists.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #377
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i am answering you again, because of what you posted here.

    who is it that does the teaching?

    is it the parents, or the school ?....that teaches its ....... wrong gross or offensive

    if you say the school has no business teaching its wrong gross or offensive, .........then on the other hand, the school has no authority to teach its good decent or proper.
    The school should be teaching information. That's about it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #378
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i am answering you again, because of what you posted here.

    1.)who is it that does the teaching?

    2.) is it the parents, or the school that teaches its ....... wrong gross or offensive

    3.)if you say the school has no business teaching its wrong gross or offensive
    4.) .........then on the other hand, the school has no authority to teach its good or proper.

    1.) people in general not official teachers depending on the circumstances.
    2.) see #1
    3.) i do say that so does the law, yes a public school has no business teaching homosexuality is wrong and gross
    4.) 100% factually false

    that depends on your subjective definition of "proper or good", the opposite is not true in general, again depending on how you magically define "good and proper"



    in school gender, sexuality, religion, disabilities, social/economic status and race among other things are taught to kids as: they exist, they are like everybody else, theres nothing wrong with them, we shouldn't judge them and in society its our duty to be civil in situations like these. The EXACT same thing said about them all.

    if this type of teaching bothers you, you do have some options, home school your kid or teach them the other tings you want them to know when they come home like most PARENTS.

    very simple solution

    also please save us from your POT, im just dealing in facts here
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #379
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,133

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I shouldn't even respond to the stawman of ssm=inter racial marriage or that they are even remotely similar.

    Marriage policy is marriage policy. Redefining marriage to include new unions is a policy issue more closely related to setting a tax rate or something else that is policy (not rights) based. Majority rules, that's democracy and within the state's rights. When sexuality is a protected class in the constitution like race and religion then you may have an argument. It's unconstitutional to deny people the ability to marry based on their race, it is within a state's right and policy to not redefine marriage to include new unions like ssm.

    As to the poll question, of course it's right for people to stop or try to prevent ssm from being legalized. They have every right to vote on their beliefs and stop something they believe is wrong just like anyone else.
    Marriage was redefined to include inter-racial marriage. Was it a "state's right" to do so before the Supeme Court stepped in? How is SSM any different. If the Supreme Court steps in like it did with inter-racial marriage, are you ok with that?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #380
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The school should be teaching information. That's about it.
    information?. What kind of information....one which makes you happy and another person unhappy.

    understand please I am taking not stand in this thread of is homosexuality right or wrong.

    my point as a libertarian is government has no moral authority on either side of the issue.

Page 38 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •