View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 34 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #331
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,605

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    1.)What is and is not marriage is really not something you look to a dictionary to define--you look to society.
    2.) Since marriage is a human creation, it is impossible to possess some sort of unalienable right to have your particular living arrangement classified by your neighbors as marriage.
    3.) This is one of those things that should truly be left up to the public to freely decide, and not have it imposed upon them by the state or the courts.
    4.) When the majority wish it to include gays, it can include gays. When the majority wish it to include more than two people, it can include more than two people.
    5.) There is no moral justification that would allow the state to prohibit two men from living together and engaging in whatever sexual behavior they wish.
    6.) But by the same token there is no moral justification for the state to define what constitutes a marriage.
    1.) yes you can thats a fact and even more fact is what the marriages license says
    2.) don't care about NEIGHBORS only the rights of people. there are neighbors that might not think others are married because a judge did it, of a singing elvis did it or a person of the wrong religion did it or because its their second marriage. None of that matters only rights and equality.
    3.) no this is about rights
    4.) glad we didnt do this with minority rights, or womens rights or interracial marriage. more than 75% of the country was against interracial marriage when it passed.
    5.) correct not to mention morals really dont matter since those are subjective and opinion based
    6.) not moral based but right based it does
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  2. #332
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,605

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Let's not leave pets and inanimate objects out.

    15 of the World

    Yes, there's taking it too far in the realm of sanity.
    always cute when somebody tries to bring this completely inane, nonsensical, mental retarded failed straw man up like anybody educated and honest would buy it

    hows this one go again?

    "if we let women vote the next thing dogs will be voting"
    " if we let whites marry blacks i might as well just be able to marry my horse too!"

    yep this type of sever uneducated logic on this topic was funny and made no sense back then and that still holds true today.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  3. #333
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,605

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Because they've already lost.
    basically
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  4. #334
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    36,099

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Lol who cares. They're not bothering anyone.
    True. Contract law is not about who is bothering someone, it is about defining the terms of a legal agreement. If you want the law changed then take the necessary steps to do so, as it has been done in several states.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #335
    User Ari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-09-13 @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    109

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)-slippery-slope-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Let's not leave pets and inanimate objects out.

    15 of the World

    Yes, there's taking it too far in the realm of sanity.

  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You need to explain your foundation of "our history", because I don't know what you're referring to.

    Now what? The answers still no. You guys are easy....
    We write laws, often enough, because we think things are unfair. We've done it for a very long time.

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    When there's a good enough reason... because someone doesn't think it's fair is not a good reason.
    What reason would you use? Please, we are very interested.

  8. #338
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    If this was a theocracy then the Bible and morals would be a valid argument. too bad there is this tiny thing called the first amendment.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  9. #339
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,792

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) yes you can thats a fact and even more fact is what the marriages license says
    2.) don't care about NEIGHBORS only the rights of people. there are neighbors that might not think others are married because a judge did it, of a singing elvis did it or a person of the wrong religion did it or because its their second marriage. None of that matters only rights and equality.
    3.) no this is about rights
    4.) glad we didnt do this with minority rights, or womens rights or interracial marriage. more than 75% of the country was against interracial marriage when it passed.
    5.) correct not to mention morals really dont matter since those are subjective and opinion based
    6.) not moral based but right based it does
    If you think marriage is a right, give me the basic fundamental innate right from which this supposed right to marriage is derived.

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    If you think marriage is a right, give me the basic fundamental innate right from which this supposed right to marriage is derived.
    I think marriage is a contract. Equal Before The Law is the right part.

Page 34 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •