View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 32 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #311
    User Ari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-09-13 @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    109

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I disagree with your more accurate premise, as its not more accurate.
    It's completely accurate according to Merriam Webster. You're the one suggesting redefining marriage.
    Last edited by Ari; 09-08-13 at 06:59 PM.

  2. #312
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The act of homosexual sex is wrong.......It goes against everything God teaches.
    According to a book...which men in power wrote. God is Omniscient and Omnipresent and created everything in this Universe. You cannot tell me that he is against something that He created.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #313
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    I love open polls. You can so easily tell when someone games the poll results.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #314
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    You left out half my reply. Calling gay marriages what they are is more accurate than calling them unions. Here's the definition straight from MW. Marriage - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Definition part c. omits the mention of a limitted number of partners.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #315
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    It's completely accurate according to Merriam Webster. You're the one suggesting redefining marriage.
    My Concise Oxford Dictionary defines marriage as:
    1) The legal union of a man and woman in order to live together and often to have children.

    Again, no reason to redefine something that's already accurate and correct - especially because you don't believe it's "fair". Have a nice day.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #316
    User Ari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-09-13 @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    109

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Definition part c. omits the mention of a limitted number of partners.
    No, part c is describing marriage as an institution. Part a clearly says it's only two people.

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    My Concise Oxford Dictionary defines marriage as:
    1) The legal union of a man and woman in order to live together and often to have children.

    Again, no reason to redefine something that's already accurate and correct - especially because you don't believe it's "fair". Have a nice day.
    Was accurate, but no longer. I bet the word gay used to be "accurate" as well? Times change, change with them.

  8. #318
    User Ari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-09-13 @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    109

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    My Concise Oxford Dictionary defines marriage as:
    1) The legal union of a man and woman in order to live together and often to have children.

    Again, no reason to redefine something that's already accurate and correct - especially because you don't believe it's "fair". Have a nice day.
    MW's definition is more accurate today in the US, Britain, and other forward-thinking places than Unions. You should double check your source next time. http://oxforddictionaries.com/defini...age?q=marriage
    Last edited by Ari; 09-08-13 at 07:24 PM.

  9. #319
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    Was accurate, but no longer. I bet the word gay used to be "accurate" as well? Times change, change with them.
    When there's a good enough reason... because someone doesn't think it's fair is not a good reason.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #320
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    There is no reason to stop it and to oppose it is bigotry at its core...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 32 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •