View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 31 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #301
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    eventhough this is an extremely old thread that i accidentally posted in and then it just took off again one thing i find extremely funny is how the poll was spammed, paranoia is funny. only 17 actual people voted yes
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #302
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Stick to what facts? That the religion portion of the first amendment doesn't apply to you?

  3. #303
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Let me explain: when religions, who don't agree with same-sex marriage, are denied tax breaks by the gov't because they won't allow a same-sex union to be performed at their premises, this is a violation of the religion portion of the first amendment: gov't shall not set up a gov't religion.
    this isnt happening and churches are in ZERO danger of this happening

    sorry your fantasy fear tactict doesnt work
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #304
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Stick to what facts? That the religion portion of the first amendment doesn't apply to you?
    the fact that religion has nothgin to do with legal marriage, that fact, try to keep up
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #305
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Changing a name of something that already is correct and accurate - for what purpose? Fair to who? Going back to my analogy, you want me to agree to change the name of "dog" and "cat" to something else because you deem it unfair not to, no. And the last time I checked, men and women are not the same, nor are same sex unions and heterosexual marriage. I'll refer you to the folllowing: LINK
    exactly thats why we arent changing the name of anything and just granting equal rights, you nailed it good job

    no need to change the name i agree
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #306
    User Ari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-09-13 @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    109

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Changing a name of something that already is correct and accurate - for what purpose? Fair to who? Going back to my analogy, you want me to agree to change the name of "dog" and "cat" to something else because you deem it unfair not to, no. And the last time I checked, men and women are not the same, nor are same sex unions and heterosexual marriage. I'll refer you to the folllowing: LINK
    You left out half my reply. Calling gay marriages what they are is more accurate than calling them unions. Here's the definition straight from MW. Marriage - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

  7. #307
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    You left out half my reply. Calling gay marriages what they are is more accurate than calling them unions. Here's the definition straight from MW. Marriage - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    I disagree with your more accurate premise, as its not more accurate.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #308
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    You left out half my reply. Calling gay marriages what they are is more accurate than calling them unions. Here's the definition straight from MW. Marriage - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    when you post facts like these they will be ignored by dishonest posters with anti-equal rights and anit-gay agendas
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #309
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Should we call this "Part III" now?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #310
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Should we call this "Part III" now?
    HA!
    i guess so, i specifically said my post was a mistake but i guess moving it to the spy and recent posts area people just started going with it

    hell i even getting more likes on the OP and other posts lol

    lots of rookies around
    Last edited by AGENT J; 09-08-13 at 06:08 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 31 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •