View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 30 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #291
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The premise that something must have an effect on my personally is incorrect. Calling a dog a cat and a cat a dog has no effect on me either but that doesn't mean it's correct or accurate to do so.

    actually since the discussion is about equality, rights and discrimination its correct.
    what doesnt matter is your opinion of thinking its wrong based on more opinion.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #292
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    No, not right to stop it. There is no reasonable argument against it as you have suggested. Frankly, I'm tired of hearing about this issue. If it isn't a common place right soon, it will be when my generation takes the reigns of power.
    I agree i give it 5 years max
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #293
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    What policies what were? What are you referring to? If of some post of mine, please reply with pertinent info of mine.
    i qouted it and numbered it im sure you can figure it out
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #294
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The act of homosexual sex is wrong.......It goes against everything God teaches.
    If God is love and teaches love, then how is it wrong for two gay men to love each other?

  5. #295
    User Ari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-09-13 @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    109

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The premise that something must have an effect on my personally is incorrect. Calling a dog a cat and a cat a dog has no effect on me either but that doesn't mean it's correct or accurate to do so.


    Way to necro a post from 2011 guys. WTG!
    No. It applies here because it doesn't impact you or your marriage. However it does impact same sex couples because you're telling them they're not equal. You're concerned about accuracy? Well then, why not make it fair, call them both unions since it is accurate to do so.
    Last edited by Ari; 09-08-13 at 05:17 PM.

  6. #296
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I agree i give it 5 years max
    Honestly, philosophically I believe that they already have this right as it is unalienable. What's the quote? Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities.- Winston Churchill

    I also believe government incentives for marriage generally should be abolished. It's not like we have a shortage of babies or something, and these are the chief arguments by reasonable people with an objection to our position.

  7. #297
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Like I posted before, equalize the rights between unions and marriages and then there'll be equal rights. When the gov't forces every union to be a marriage, this goes against the religion portion of the first amendment (gov't shall not set up a 'state' religion).

    Let me explain: when religions, who don't agree with same-sex marriage, are denied tax breaks by the gov't because they won't allow a same-sex union to be performed at their premises, this is a violation of the religion portion of the first amendment: gov't shall not set up a gov't religion.
    Last edited by cabse5; 09-08-13 at 05:22 PM.

  8. #298
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    1.)Honestly, philosophically I believe that they already have this right as it is unalienable. What's the quote? Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities.- Winston Churchill

    I also believe government incentives for marriage generally should be abolished. It's not like we have a shortage of babies or something, and these are the chief arguments by reasonable people with an objection to our position.
    1.) i agree on both counts unfortunately.
    I do think its very very sad that we are going through this in american in 2013, its really ashame

    BUT on a brighter side if you would have asked me 10-15 years ago i would of said ill never see gay rights in my lifetime, that probably only my daughter will see it, now that's not the case

    with the fall of DADT, DOMA and the IRS ruling its inevitable. 13 states and DC have it and the best part is the states that banned it are actually going to make it easier.

    2.) i dont at all i like that the government protects the contract and rights of my family. Now if people want to adjust the tax code or something thats fine but theres tons of other rights that need to stay and need protected.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 09-08-13 at 05:33 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #299
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    1.)Like I posted before, equalize the rights between unions and marriages and then there'll be equal rights.
    2.)When the gov't forces every union to be a marriage, this goes against the religion portion of the first amendment (gov't shall not set up a 'state' religion).
    1.) factually false. equal but separate will never be equal and precedence already makes them unequal
    2.) also factually false as legal marriage has nothing to do with religion, your argument will always fail

    please stick to facts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #300
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Ok you're concerned about accuracy. Well then, why not make it fair, call them both unions since it is accurate to do so.
    Changing a name of something that already is correct and accurate - for what purpose? Fair to who? Going back to my analogy, you want me to agree to change the name of "dog" and "cat" to something else because you deem it unfair not to, no. And the last time I checked, men and women are not the same, nor are same sex unions and heterosexual marriage. I'll refer you to the folllowing: LINK
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 30 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •