View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 29 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #281
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    What real effect does calling it marriage have on you?
    What effect does calling a same-sex union have on me? Would be like this simile: calling a Boston Red Sox fan a New York Yankee baseball fan. And the gov't is determining that certain religion's beliefs are inconsequential.

    What real effect does calling a same-sex union a union have on you?
    Last edited by cabse5; 09-08-13 at 05:08 PM.

  2. #282
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) what policies are those?
    2.) thats what we are working to
    3.) nobody believes that they just want to end discrimination and grant equality, there will still be homophobes just like there are still racists.
    I've tangled with you before. Just look at what used to be California's union legislation before California's same-sex legislation overtook it. In that union legislation, for example, unions had the ability to adopt, and share debts and fortunes.

    Were unions (same-sex, for example,) deprived of advantages of marriages? Only the word, marriage was deprived.

  3. #283
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    What effect do calling a same-sex union have on me? Would be like this simile: calling a Boston Red Sox fan a New York Yankee baseball fan.
    1.)And the gov't is determining that certain religion's beliefs are inconsequential.
    2.)What real effect does calling a same-sex union a union have on you?
    legal marriage has nothing to do with religious marriage this straw man always false

    because thats factually not equal
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #284
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    1.)I've tangled with you before. Just look at what used to be California's union legislation before California's same-sex legislation overtook it. In that union legislation, for example, unions had the ability to adopt, and share debts and fortunes.
    well i have no clue who you are, i must of destroyed your posts quick.

    ill ask again what policies are those
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #285
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Hello everyone, the other thread reached almost 2000 posts and 192 pages!!!!
    It had to be closed because at around 2000 post it becomes taxing on the server, thanks independent_thinker2002

    ...

    Alright heres the most current update and lets have fun!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OFFICIAL COUNTER
    how many sound, reasonable, logical, non-bias, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american reason are there to "Stop" gay marriage

    GOOD REASONS: 0
    No, not right to stop it. There is no reasonable argument against it as you have suggested. Frankly, I'm tired of hearing about this issue. If it isn't a common place right soon, it will be when my generation takes the reigns of power.

  6. #286
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well i have no clue who you are, i must of destroyed your posts quick.

    ill ask again what policies are those
    What policies what were? What are you referring to? If of some post of mine, please reply with pertinent info of mine.

  7. #287
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    What real effect does calling it marriage have on you?
    The premise that something must have an effect on my personally is incorrect. Calling a dog a cat and a cat a dog has no effect on me either but that doesn't mean it's correct or accurate to do so.


    Way to necro a post from 2011 guys. WTG!
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #288
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Were unions (same-sex, for example,) deprived of advantages of marriages? Only the word, marriage was deprived.
    yes they factually were because theres no other way to grant the 1200 plus rights granted especially the federal ones at that time and we all know equal but separate was ruled not equal

    so the only FACTUAL answer is yes
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #289
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    What policies what were?
    the question i asked you go back and read your own thread
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #290
    User Ari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-09-13 @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    109

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    What effect do calling a same-sex union have on me? Would be like this simile: calling a Boston Red Sox fan a New York Yankee baseball fan. And the gov't is determining that certain religion's beliefs are inconsequential.

    What real effect does calling a same-sex union a union have on you?
    None, but then you'd have to call hetero marriages unions as well.

Page 29 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •