View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 26 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #251
    User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    06-06-11 @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Homosexuals are equals (or at least supposed to be) in society. Not allowing marriages would be a violation of civil rights. For gay unions and all that stuff, it's like this: you give a guy one dollar, but then you give another guy 99 cents. It's close but not the same. For those who say it's a religious reason why they shouldn't get married, religion shouldn't even be in government.

  2. #252
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Methinks we've been over this several times, just in this thread.

    There are currently no provably valid reasons to stop gay marriage, unless you accept religious belief (or belief in a currently non-provable reason) as a valid reason, and someone only does that if they believe in the same thing.
    this is still not a valid reason because you would also have to be against freedom of religion has you would obviously want your religion to be law and screw your fellow americans and everyone else.

    and I know YOU dont think that way TM just saying.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #253
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    The Institute of Marriage is sacred and blessed by God, the main purpose of it is the producing of children:

    Genesis 1:28 (King James Version)

    28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.


    So called gay-"marriage" is nothing more as .....unfortunately it is not easy to explain it politically correct therefore I suggest you will better read here what God really think about Homosexuality:

    The Bible Speaks Against Homosexuality

    Conclusion:

    The straight Marriage can produce children and is blessed by God, so-called politically correct marriage is cursed by God and can not produce children.

    As you know God created Adam and Eva, not Adam and Steve!

    Last edited by Alfons; 05-28-11 at 07:36 AM.
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  4. #254
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    The Institute of Marriage is sacred and blessed by God, the main purpose of it is the producing of children:

    Genesis 1:28 (King James Version)

    28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.


    So called gay-"marriage" is nothing more as .....unfortunately it is not easy to explain it politically correct therefore I suggest you will better read here what God really think about Homosexuality:

    The Bible Speaks Against Homosexuality

    Conclusion:

    The straight Marriage can produce children and is blessed by God, so-called politically correct marriage is cursed by God and can not produce children.

    As you know God created Adam and Eva, not Adam and Steve!
    Damn I saw a response and I thought "hey maybe somebody has something insightful to debate", then I saw the name and laughed and thought "definitely not from them but Ill read it anyway" then I opened it and it was confirmed, nothing rational or logical to offer, oh well maybe somebody else can offer something that matters.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #255
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    this is still not a valid reason because you would also have to be against freedom of religion has you would obviously want your religion to be law and screw your fellow americans and everyone else.

    and I know YOU dont think that way TM just saying.
    I was using a different meaning of "valid", I think.

    In my response, I was attempting to come at the question from the point of view of a single person's opinion on what would be valid - not on what would ACTUALLY be valid, in a legal sense.

    Since I tend to ascribe to the notion that "there are no absolutes except the statement that that there are no absolutes", this leads me to never completely discounting a train of thought, even if I, personally, consider it invalid and disproven.

    Thus, I can accept that, for some persons, religion IS a fully valid and right reason to be completely opposed to gay marriage and supportive of stopping it.

    Which, obviously, does not mean I agree.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #256
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I was using a different meaning of "valid", I think.

    In my response, I was attempting to come at the question from the point of view of a single person's opinion on what would be valid - not on what would ACTUALLY be valid, in a legal sense.

    Since I tend to ascribe to the notion that "there are no absolutes except the statement that that there are no absolutes", this leads me to never completely discounting a train of thought, even if I, personally, consider it invalid and disproven.

    Thus, I can accept that, for some persons, religion IS a fully valid and right reason to be completely opposed to gay marriage and supportive of stopping it.

    Which, obviously, does not mean I agree.
    only if you ignore the op, i asked for a reason in america that is sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american

    those people in support of stopping it based on religion could easily be argued to be many if not all of the above things, therefore those have been debunked
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #257
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Currently, any couple--gay or otherwise--may be “married” in any state in the country. Point-of-fact, it happens every day and they are free to do so.

    “Gay marriages”, however, are simply not recognized in most states nor should they be.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  8. #258
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Currently, any couple--gay or otherwise--may be “married” in any state in the country. Point-of-fact, it happens every day and they are free to do so.

    “Gay marriages”, however, are simply not recognized in most states nor should they be.
    Well that is a compelling argument. State the obvious, then claim your wrongheaded opinion as fact.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #259
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Currently, any couple--gay or otherwise--may be “married” in any state in the country. Point-of-fact, it happens every day and they are free to do so.


    this is correct and is a fact but has nothing to do with tha topic of this thread, some gays are even married by christian and cathloic churches.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    “Gay marriages”, however, are simply not recognized in most states nor should they be.
    the first part is true the second part however is not a fact and nor has a suitable reason been provided to claim such
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    For some of us (and all I did was read the title) it actually causes heartache that people can't just BE. Happy together. I mean, there they are! Happy together. So why can't they be married?

    There's a couple in New York that's been together for 60 years. Oh, that's fine, right? As long as they don't - what's that saying? That fear everybody has, that they will somehow diminish or adversely affect the institution of marriage? Looks to me like they're living their vows better than the bulk of the straight married couples.

Page 26 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •