View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 16 of 121 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #151
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    "If it weren't for my horse, I would have never spent that year in college."
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #152
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreReborn View Post
    Then why are we still at war?
    Unfortunately.. wars are not won overnight my friend, unless we use atomic bombs.

  3. #153
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    The reality is that the majority rules and when the majority votes and wins, then people will be able to merry their own kind in Calif. otherwise they have to wait, that's all I am saying.
    I know what you are saying and you are 100% wrong, you obviously dont understand how things work.

    the courts do not need the majority of the people PERIOD, the courts can rule against them just like they already have before with the example I gave you. Lke I said go back and read it slower because obviously you dont get it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #154
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    "If it weren't for my horse, I would have never spent that year in college."
    Tell me more about it my friend... it sounds interesting

  5. #155
    Advisor WeAreReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    09-09-11 @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    504

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Unfortunately.. wars are not won overnight my friend, unless we use atomic bombs.
    I was referring to how the majority doesn't always win. Because the majority is opposing the current war.

  6. #156
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreReborn View Post
    I was referring to how the majority doesn't always win. Because the majority is opposing the current war.
    You are absolutely right when it comes to war my friend.

  7. #157
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Laws are passed and approved because of the majority. This is a democracy and the majority wins. Don't worry.. if the majority says you can marry your boyfriend, you will.
    That's actually not true. The entire reason that freedoms like free speech and freedom of religion exist is to protect minorities from the majority. The majority often does not win, and especially at the cost of the rights of minorities.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  8. #158
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    That's actually not true. The entire reason that freedoms like free speech and freedom of religion exist is to protect minorities from the majority. The majority often does not win, and especially at the cost of the rights of minorities.
    The majority won in Calif. and gay marriage didn't pass. That is my point about the majority vote.

  9. #159
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    So long as the Marriage License exists, it is not right to block same sex marriage.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #160
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    The majority won in Calif. and gay marriage didn't pass. That is my point about the majority vote.
    and I repeat that wont matter if the courts rule differently. Your point is meaningless.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •