View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 12 of 121 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #111
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,487

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulvoter View Post
    Now let's give a reason NOT to stop it:

    A marriage is a private contract. Unless someone is being harmed in some way there is no legitimate reason to stop it. The same goes for polygamy, polyandry, mixed racial marriages (these used to be against the law), etc.

    Marriage is NOT a legitimate function of government.
    reasons not to? already given in this thread and the first thread, there are tons of them but the most important is its nobody's business who two consenting adults marry and only a complete jackass would think otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  2. #112
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,826

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    reasons not to? already given in this thread and the first thread, there are tons of them but the most important is its nobody's business who two consenting adults marry and only a complete jackass would think otherwise.
    Wait, I thought polygamy was still illegal?



    But seriously, I agree.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #113
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,487

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    wow 2 threads, one locked and maxed out at 192 pages and 1950 posts and the second thread at 12 pages and 113 posts (204 pages, 2640 posts total)

    both polls were spammed but last a mod checked the other one it was 76% no and this poll is currently 78%

    Update

    Lets check the count, how many sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american reason are there to "Stop" gay marriage

    GOOD REASONS: 0

    still holding strong
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    wow 2 threads, one locked and maxed out at 192 pages and 1950 posts and the second thread at 12 pages and 113 posts (204 pages, 2640 posts total)
    both polls were spammed but last a mod checked the other one it was 76% no and this poll is currently 78%

    Update

    Lets check the count, how many sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american reason are there to "Stop" gay marriage

    GOOD REASONS: 0

    still holding strong
    What that tells you is that anti-gay bigots are almost as tenacious in their prejudice and superiority as the slave-holding class of the Old South.

    Until those people die off, there will be no equality.

  5. #115
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,615

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    What that tells you is that anti-gay bigots are almost as tenacious in their prejudice and superiority as the slave-holding class of the Old South.

    Until those people die off, there will be no equality.
    Speaking of bigotry.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Speaking of bigotry.
    Nothing I said involves bigotry of any kind.

    I notice that it's always the least tolerant people who demand that everyone tolerate their opinions.

  7. #117
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,615

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    Nothing I said involves bigotry of any kind.

    I notice that it's always the least tolerant people who demand that everyone tolerate their opinions.
    Speaking of intolerance.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #118
    Advisor WeAreReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    09-09-11 @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    504

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Speaking of bigotry.
    How is hating people who are preventing equality and who hate a certain type of people a negative thing? Without people hating such evils, slavery would still be present. Women would still be treated as if they are an object.
    Last edited by WeAreReborn; 12-17-10 at 06:15 PM.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Speaking of intolerance.
    Where is it? You keep drawling out the same line with a different noun attached.

    Are you some sort mental defective, or do you plan to show me where this intolerance is?

  10. #120
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,615

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    Where is it? You keep drawling out the same line with a different noun attached.

    Are you some sort mental defective, or do you plan to show me where this intolerance is?
    Mental defective? Care to repeat that?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •