View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 116 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #1151
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    True. It is a negative subsidy, where I come from in quantitative economics.
    No, if you pay less taxes due to a deduction or exemption that money isn't negatively subsidized, it's simply not collected as taxes.

  2. #1152
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    And there, the math and system says you are wrong.
    Explain how you pay more taxes because gay people are married.

  3. #1153
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,003

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    True. It is a negative subsidy, where I come from in quantitative economics.
    Chinese ministry of proletariat economics is not a good source of information
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  4. #1154
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,003

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Explain how you pay more taxes because gay people are married.
    You see being gay is icky so of course if they get married it causes mental stress that could lead to someone misfiling their tax returns, this can cause an audit and result in having to pay more taxes
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  5. #1155
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    2 threads
    308 pages
    3000+ posts
    3+ years

    and still not one reason.


    Great talks though but the picture gets more and more obvious as time goes on. THere are no reasons to deny equal rights.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #1156
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Some posts on this thread got lost. I'll try to pick up where we left off - I had said it should be allowed because that's what freedom is, but it should be called a partnership because a marriage in matrimony is a union of male and female. It should also be kept discreet. Not looked down upon, but not promoted. I had said the reason for all this is because gay relations are not natural. Nature did not intend for it and we shouldn't teach our children that it's normal and okay, because it's not. I mean, this should be obvious.....

    For those who don't see the obvious, humans are male, and female. There are three possible combinations: MM, MF, and FF. Only one of these combinations are natural, resulting in successful procreation (MF). The other two (MM,FF) do not work because they are not natural. If nature had intended it, then males would be able to get pregnant. Just because dogs try to hump your leg, or another male dog, does not make it natural. Animals don't have the awareness that humans possess. If a dog sees a human male wear lipstick and move and talk very femininelike, a dog doesn't know the difference. People do, though.....and you are kidding yourself if you think it's natural and normal, and that we should teach our kids that.

  7. #1157
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    1.)Some posts on this thread got lost. I'll try to pick up where we left off - I had said it should be allowed because that's what freedom is,
    2.) but it should be called a partnership because a marriage in matrimony is a union of male and female.
    3.) It should also be kept discreet.
    4.) Not looked down upon, but not promoted.
    5.) I had said the reason for all this is because gay relations are not natural.
    6.) Nature did not intend for it
    7.) and we shouldn't teach our children that it's normal
    8.) and okay, because it's not.
    9.) I mean, this should be obvious.....
    10.) For those who don't see the obvious
    11.) humans are male, and female. There are three possible combinations: MM, MF, and FF. Only one of these combinations are natural, resulting in successful procreation (MF).
    12.) The other two (MM,FF) do not work because they are not natural. If nature had intended it, then males would be able to get pregnant. Just because dogs try to hump your leg, or another male dog, does not make it natural. Animals don't have the awareness that humans possess. If a dog sees a human male wear lipstick and move and talk very femininelike, a dog doesn't know the difference. People do, though.....
    13.) and you are kidding yourself if you think it's natural and normal, and that we should teach our kids that.
    you should try to find out where you got lost and you will see your post is simply incorrect.

    1.) without it being equal there is no freedom
    2.) SSM factually is marriage and marriage is not just one man/one woman, this fact has been proven repeatedly.
    3.) that is up to the people married, no different than all other marriages
    4.) again see #3 its no different than any other marriage
    5.) other than number/ratio game it factually is natural
    6.) nature created it
    7.) it is factuallly normal
    8.) you thinking its not ok is a meaningless opinion and children absolutely should be taught facts reality and civility. Many people think other religions, equal rights for womren and minorities and interracial marriage isnt natural and ok too. THose people are complete wrong and or thier opinions meaningless to the discussion. If parents want to teach them its a sin etc they are free to but in general all children in this country are taught civility and that there are people in the world that are different genders, races, sexual orientations, different abilities physical and mental, different religions, different social and financial status etc etc and we are taught to be civil and not judge/hate. If this type of common sense civility bothers you, you are free to teach you child what you wish while they are with you or home school/private school your child.
    9.) yes its obvious that some of the things you said are factually wrong and some is your opinion at best
    10..) see #9
    11.) meaningless to the discussion, procreation has ZERO to do with a marriage contract
    12.) also meaningless to the discussion
    13.) see points above showing facts disagree with you


    when you have more than already defeated strawmen let us know.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1158
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Some posts on this thread got lost. I'll try to pick up where we left off - I had said it should be allowed because that's what freedom is, but it should be called a partnership because a marriage in matrimony is a union of male and female. It should also be kept discreet. Not looked down upon, but not promoted. I had said the reason for all this is because gay relations are not natural. Nature did not intend for it and we shouldn't teach our children that it's normal and okay, because it's not. I mean, this should be obvious.....

    For those who don't see the obvious, humans are male, and female. There are three possible combinations: MM, MF, and FF. Only one of these combinations are natural, resulting in successful procreation (MF). The other two (MM,FF) do not work because they are not natural. If nature had intended it, then males would be able to get pregnant. Just because dogs try to hump your leg, or another male dog, does not make it natural. Animals don't have the awareness that humans possess. If a dog sees a human male wear lipstick and move and talk very femininelike, a dog doesn't know the difference. People do, though.....and you are kidding yourself if you think it's natural and normal, and that we should teach our kids that.
    Marriage is many things. And although some see it as "matrimony", others don't. Civil marriage, legal marriage, which is what we are discussing is simply a contract making two people legally kin and giving them certain rights and protections and benefits dealing with each other because they of their level of commitment.

    Homosexuality is natural and normal. It simply is and there is nothing wrong with teaching children that. Relationships are not all about procreation. That is a belief, and nothing more. Opinion, based mainly on certain religious philosophy that has no place in laws.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #1159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,298

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    I don't recall having to acquire government funds to get married. So no, it wouldn't cost you anything. Your math sucks and your understanding of the system is terrible.
    I guess we will not see eye to eye on this one, till you think it through honestly.

  10. #1160
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,298

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    No, if you pay less taxes due to a deduction or exemption that money isn't negatively subsidized, it's simply not collected as taxes.
    Nice we talked about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •