View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 112 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #1111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,417

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Well you are not paying for it so why are you against SSM?
    Every taxpayer and recipient of government service pays for it, when there are government benefits attached to gay married couples.

  2. #1112
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,059

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Every taxpayer and recipient of government service pays for it, when there are government benefits attached to gay married couples.
    No a tax break is not you paying for it, it is someone keeping more of their own money. NOT the same thing. But if you want to go down that fallacy go ahead it will lead you to fail, but them I'm sure you are used to that by now.

    BTW until you get your utopia (which will never ever happen) of no benefits for married couples you have no reason to deny SSM.
    Another fail in a list of fail on your part.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  3. #1113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,417

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    No a tax break is not you paying for it, it is someone keeping more of their own money. NOT the same thing. But if you want to go down that fallacy go ahead it will lead you to fail, but them I'm sure you are used to that by now.

    BTW until you get your utopia (which will never ever happen) of no benefits for married couples you have no reason to deny SSM.
    Another fail in a list of fail on your part.
    I am afraid you are wrong and should take some economics classes.

  4. #1114
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,059

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I am afraid you are wrong and should take some economics classes.
    No you are wrong, but nice comeback without any points to defend yourself. Couse you don't have any so why would I expect you to even try
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  5. #1115
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Agreed. Their sex is nobody's business than theirs. Therefore I see no reason to pay for it.
    Their sexual activities have nothing to do with their marriage. Marriage is about a contract, a personal familial making contract. Legal family ties between two unrelated adults are made most strongly via the marriage contract. You are in no way paying for their marriage and you can't prove that you are.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #1116
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Every taxpayer and recipient of government service pays for it, when there are government benefits attached to gay married couples.
    Wrong. If this is true, then every taxpayer and recipient of government service also pays for everyone else's lives and contracts and government related services/protections of other types as well, so it therefore would equal out and null any government benefit given via marriage. Your logic fails because you cannot show how they would be receiving more government compensation for their relationship than any other type of couple or government contracted/recognized relationship would, including business relationships or blood relationships, particularly recognition of offspring.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #1117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,417

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    No you are wrong, but nice comeback without any points to defend yourself. Couse you don't have any so why would I expect you to even try
    What do you want disproved? That if the amount of money in the hands of government is reduced, while the spending stays the same or increases it affects every taxpayer and benefit recipient? As I said, go back to school.

  8. #1118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,417

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Their sexual activities have nothing to do with their marriage. Marriage is about a contract, a personal familial making contract. Legal family ties between two unrelated adults are made most strongly via the marriage contract. You are in no way paying for their marriage and you can't prove that you are.
    If there are no tax and benefits attached to marriage you would be right. If all government support of all married couples is stopped, then that changes the argument. But that is unfortunately not the case.

  9. #1119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,417

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Wrong. If this is true, then every taxpayer and recipient of government service also pays for everyone else's lives and contracts and government related services/protections of other types as well, so it therefore would equal out and null any government benefit given via marriage. Your logic fails because you cannot show how they would be receiving more government compensation for their relationship than any other type of couple or government contracted/recognized relationship would, including business relationships or blood relationships, particularly recognition of offspring.
    As I pointed out to another member here, that is not true. I know that most people do not think easily in economic terms. But this is rather straight forward in first incidence. The The easiest way you might think about it would be to think about where the money comes from, when the sum of taxes falls, while spending stays or increases. This is what happens, when a group receives a tax break and new government benefits.

  10. #1120
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,059

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    What do you want disproved? That if the amount of money in the hands of government is reduced, while the spending stays the same or increases it affects every taxpayer and benefit recipient? As I said, go back to school.
    If you pay less in taxes you are not getting money from others. Obviously you come from the school of thought that thinks all money belongs to the govt. That is just plain wrong. Go take an economics course.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •