View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 103 of 121 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #1021
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    here is how you opened your statement......"NO ONE IS SAYING THAT SCHOOLS SHOULD TEACH THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS GOOD", ...........then you say this .............. "as teaching that homosexuality is normal, since this is a FACT, schools have the right to teach "

    you seem to be saying its not happening, no one is advocating teaching , ...then you say.....however its a fact so schools a right to teach it.
    You do not know the difference between the word good which is a value and the word fact, which is not. That seems to be your CONSTANT error, and even though I explained it completely and clearly in my previous post, you STILL don't get it.

    so its sort of a denial, and then, .......they should do it.
    The denial is yours.

    Good equals value. Fact does not equal value. It is OK to teach fact. It is not OK to teach good.

    I'll just keep repeating the above until you get it.

    well you say schools are not teaching anything about homosexuality, OK, well i will provide proof.
    Nope I never said that. Please try to debate what I said, not what you want me to have said.


    All irrelevant since they have nothing to do with my argument.


    again you say, facts on on your side, they might be, however, their are people who are on the opposite end of the spectrum, who would say they have the facts..........are your facts, the only truth, and everyone else with a different point of view is wrong?
    Yes, that is correct. The other side has no facts.

    as for me, i stated what i think, and thats all, however, as i said i have only opinion, ...which means nothing, i against any government force, that is my problem and that force comes in many ways, not just this issue here.
    OK.

    would you agree that the bible [ and i dont like getting in the bible ,but i will for this statement] teaches moral values, and part of that is homosexuality is wrong, and therefore not normal.
    Irrelevant. I do not support schools teaching morality so in reference to what we are discussing, I don't care what the bible says.

    so if a child is taught homosexuality is wrong thru bible teachings, that child is receiving a moral teaching, ....now you want the school to teach homosexuality is normal, well teaching it is normal or abnormal, is still teaching from a moral perspective, whether you want to admit it or not...so government would be teaching from a moral position.
    The bible is teaching morality. The FACT that homosexuality is normal is a FACT. The bible is wrong from a factual standpoint. The government is teaching a fact. Getting it yet?

    government is not charged in its power to teach people there personal morals, it is not a duty of government.
    It is the duty of government to teach facts. Yet you seem opposed to that.

    so for the issue like this one, i have heard its history, its science, and its facts, to justify the cause of teaching people the current government form of morality.
    Since as I have proven, that is not happening, your comment above is irrelevant.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #1022
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i am doing it again?

    what are you doing, you are trying to force me into proving a point, ...where you say, you have the facts, and you believe that proves your case and its closed
    If you can't prove your point, then you lose. That's how debate works.

    you have repeatedly, tried to box me into a corner, by throwing the burden of proof on me by asking me a question, remember "define fact", which you asked me, ...but you yourself would not answer, when i asked you.
    Yes, I have boxed you into a corner because you have refused to define basic words to prove your position. If you don't want to be boxed into a corner, either prove your position, or admit it's faulty. Your choice.

    i have dealt with many people on this board, and so many times, in debates on here , the other side from me, always demands, i provide all the proof, ...and i have in some situations.
    Yet not in this one.

    but dont get mad at me, becuase i will not fill your demand for proof, when your only proof is....you say you have the facts.
    You claim that there are facts on the "other side". Prove it. Show those facts. If you cannot, then your position has no merit.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #1023
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    again you prove it, i have stated my opinion...you say its fact........you prove the fact then.
    Oh, so you are saying that your position of "homosexuality is abnormal" is not a fact, but an opinion. Is that correct?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #1024
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by eph210 View Post
    1.)You keep saying the same things using emotions and not logic and jumping to conclusions.
    2.)Makes it impossible to talk to you.
    3.) I maintain none of your points disprove the arguments against gay equality.
    4.)I'm afraid the type of political debate you use is what destroys democracy.
    5.)Remove emotion.
    6.) Dont jump to conclusions for the sake of it.
    7.) And don't consider yourself smarter than people you are speaking with.
    1.)Did you think this deflection would honestly work?
    Actually i keep using facts, law, logic, rights and court precedence and NOT emotion. This is why i keep saying the same things. YOU want me to use emotion because its the only way youd have any points. but facts dont care emotions or peoples feelings. SOrry. Let ma knoe when you can use any FACTS and actually make a unfailed point.
    2.) see #1, use facts and logic and youll be fine
    3.) you can maintain what every you like but the fact is they all fail due to the stuff already listed in this post and the two threads and 200 pages.
    4.) another failed deflections, you mean me protecting peoples rights and using facts instead of ruling based on feelings, emotions and beliefs? Sorry thats exactly what preserves it. There were lots of hurt feelings when minorities gains rights, when women gains rights and when interracial marriage was protected but facts dont care and it was democracy that made it happened.
    5.) never used any, if you disagree PLEASE PLEASE point out where i used solely emotion and no facts and logic. Please point out for use where i used nothing by "emotion" Quote them Id love to read it.
    6.) Id dint again see #1
    7.) DOnt group others in your failed post. And this is perfect advice for you, you assumed you were smarter than me and these failed deflection would work, but they didnt. We are right where we started, 0 reasons.

    so again but please feel free to come back when you have legit concerns or reason to stop equal rights for gays. Ill gladly read then too. This time try to use facts or at least supportable concerns.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1025
    Educator Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    704

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    In a free country, if you want to tell people that they can't do something, you have to be able to show how it causes you harm. All the huffing and puffing the gay-hater spit out, they can't prove harm. They can only make wild conjectures about how gay marriages would cause the end of civilization, but with no sane logic to show how. Their "explanations" are little more than superstition.
    "All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell [the bible] teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society." Rep. Paul Broun (R)

  6. #1026
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Oh, so you are saying that your position of "homosexuality is abnormal" is not a fact, but an opinion. Is that correct?
    no I have stated my position is opinion only...why?.. because I do not read up on the subject of homosexuality as you may do.


    I read the founders, federalist papers, constitution, the only reason I got into this thread is because agent j in his op ,stated TEACHING, and I asked who's doing the teaching, any use of force on people who have not violated law is repugnant to me.

    again I have opinion and you stated you have facts, and as I pointed out many times, other people in our world think your facts are wrong and there's are right, so again what makes you right compared to there facts....can you answer how you have sole authority on the facts discussed.

  7. #1027
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    No. Let it be. Everyone has a right to pursue happiness, including people who are gay or otherwise. Even then, most people are just born that way.

  8. #1028
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Time for some platitude throwing...

    It's easier to criticize someone else than face your own problems. Even if their problems are smaller by an order of magnitude or so.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #1029
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no I have stated my position is opinion only...why?.. because I do not read up on the subject of homosexuality as you may do.
    That is correct. I have read up on it. That is why what I have been saying for DAYS is that there are facts and there are opinions. Fact: homosexuality is normal. Opinion: homosexuality is abnormal. So, therefore, based on what you have said consistently, it stands to reason that you are fine with the fact that homosexuality is normal being taught in school.

    I read the founders, federalist papers, constitution, the only reason I got into this thread is because agent j in his op ,stated TEACHING, and I asked who's doing the teaching, any use of force on people who have not violated law is repugnant to me.
    OK.

    again I have opinion and you stated you have facts, and as I pointed out many times, other people in our world think your facts are wrong and there's are right, so again what makes you right compared to there facts....can you answer how you have sole authority on the facts discussed.
    Other people do not have facts. That's the point. The facts that demonstrate that homosexuality being normal are both through definitions and through research that has been peer reviewed and accepted as valid for quite some time. Therefore, since it is a fact that homosexuality is normal, and that you are OK with having facts taught in schools, you obviously have no problem with the fact that homosexuality being normal being taught in schools.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #1030
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    No. Let it be. Everyone has a right to pursue happiness, including people who are gay or otherwise. Even then, most people are just born that way.
    Three rather powerful words...
    "Let it be".
    And, "everyone" does have the right to pursue happiness.

    .......................
    As to homosexuality being "normal" , define "normal" .
    Or, if so, then so is the common cold and cancer.
    JMO
    Abnormal is anything that deviates from the norm....in this case, human health...
    I think the term "abnormal" has negative connotations.
    Last edited by earthworm; 09-23-13 at 11:07 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •