View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 102 of 121 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #1011
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Not true, Jesus can heal homosexuality.

    I Was Gay - The Amazing Story of Stephen Bennett (Ex-Gay)
    Not true. He's in denial.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #1012
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    No, I believe the true Word of God.
    It has been shown repeatedly that you do not know the true Word of God.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #1013
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by eph210 View Post
    1.)I don't think you caught the jist of my response. I wasn't arguing against gay equality. I was just pointing out that one of the points you made are actually of use. You have a little habit of jumping to conclusions.
    For example:

    2.) Believing in god WOULD result in a believer to be against the acceptance of what christians call a "sinful" act, registered as a thing as official and closely held by christians such as marriage etc. And so if christians and the bible were correct all along...then god being real is of every relevance.
    3.) Again, I wasn't arguing against you on the principles, but simply pointing out that the "slippery slope" principle is a regular occurance in everyday life ("I'll just have one beer", "Just one last bet") and so I don't think you have made a sound point AGAINST the slippery slope argument.
    4.) Please re-read what was being said. I agreed it was a silly way to argue against gay equality, but you stated it as wrong because it was a "lie". By no definition is the reason it doesn't work as an argument a lie.
    5.) Again, I wasn't saying it was a good way to argue against gay rights, I was just pointing out that your statement of it being "ignorant" was not useful, helpful, relevant or even fair.
    6.) On this point I agree to disagree. Churches groups are currently allowed to not allow people, who they believe are indulging in something wrong, to use their facilities etc. Thats their right and good on 'em.

    7.)(This last statement I make from the view point that homosexuality is a choice which is a separate issue I don't want to get into over a forum. Too hard.)

    8.) Again, no attacks on you personally, just on your arguments against the arguments against the gay equality movement.
    1.) didnt say you were, but the point is NO, you are wrong.

    2.) its not. I BELIEVE IN GOD, I AM A CHRISTIAN but im not retarded enough to think its my job to judge others, force my morals on them or have the laws based on my opinion to violate the rights of others in a free country. Im not an idiot so i would never want that.

    religious marriage and legal marriage have ZERO to do with each other

    3.) again didnt say you were but the slippery slope argument is a complete failure if one understands what slippery slop means. You say i didnt make a sound point but yet didnt except the challenge, i wonder why?

    like i said PLEASE explain to us all how granting equal rights for gays will solely lead to other things using only the precedence for gay rights. Otherwise you got nothing.

    this is how a slippery slope works so ill wait to see your answer.

    4.) yes it is a lie, gay marriage exists BC, only thing changing is granting equality. There 100s of subjective definitions to marriage. It is in fact a lie to try to convince somebody theres only one, even the dictionary disagrees.

    5.) yes its very fair anybody that thinks you can catch gay is very ignorant and uneducated and a complete fool

    6.) you can disagree all you want but your disagreeing is very silly and illogical, i notice you addressed nothing i said so ill repeat it.

    well since the constitution exists and since churches already discriminate again STRAIGHT,INTERRACIAL and RELIGIOUS couples RIGHT NOW your argument is simply not true and a huge failure. But most importantly has nothing to do with gays. Theres no danger of "churches" being forced to marry anybody. nice try but a complete failure.

    there i ZERO risk of this.

    7.) this is very telling ans also shows how personally uneducated you are on this topic and how ignorant you are on this subject. ANYBODY that feels that all sexual orientation or all homosexual orientation is a choice is completely clueless and never to be taken serious on the issue.

    8.) no apology need i dont feel attacked at all and all your points failed, facts and reality prove them all wrong.

    but please feel free to come back when you have legit concerns or reason to stop equal rights for gays. Ill gladly read then too.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #1014
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    We already know that you have no idea what the truth is. This has been proven COUNTLESS times on this forum. Truth is that homosexuality is a normal variant of sexual orientation. Truth is that homosexuality is not a disorder. Truth is that gay parents raise children as well as straight parents. These are all truths, truths that you do not accept because you chose your PERSONAL morality over ACTUAL information. You prefer to lie, distort, and ignore because the truth contradicts your morality, and doing so would cause you too much cognitive dissonance. Everything I have said here are facts that have been proven to you countless times. All you have is your denial and your fearful refusal to be educated on this issue. And what would you do if your child were gay? Emotionally abuse them by forcing untruths on them about themselves.
    You are the one who doesn't know truth.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #1015
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    You are the one who doesn't know truth.
    really? can you point out ONE thing he said that isnt truth and back it up using facts?

    one. . . . . we'd love to read it. . . just one
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #1016
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You know ernst, I am getting TIRED of you misrepresenting people. NO ONE IS SAYING THAT SCHOOLS SHOULD TEACH THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS GOOD. No one. You keep repeating this falsehood like it is accurate. It isn't. You are making this up. So stop saying it.

    As far as teaching that homosexuality is normal, since this is a FACT, schools have the right to teach it. If you believe that it is NOT normal (this does not include the statistical sense), then prove it. If you cannot, then the entire argument that you have been posting for DAYS is completely bogus, refuted, and irrelevant and will be treated as such.



    And you, ernst barkmann, are posting irrelevancy and misrepresenting what everyone is saying. You need to actually READ what people write. No one is saying that schools should teach morality. What is really going on here is what I have said is going on. YOU don't like the facts of the matter, so you are complaining about the facts that are being taught. YOU support censorship.

    here is how you opened your statement......"NO ONE IS SAYING THAT SCHOOLS SHOULD TEACH THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS GOOD", ...........then you say this .............. "as teaching that homosexuality is normal, since this is a FACT, schools have the right to teach "

    you seem to be saying its not happening, no one is advocating teaching , ...then you say.....however its a fact so schools a right to teach it.

    so its sort of a denial, and then, .......they should do it.

    well you say schools are not teaching anything about homosexuality, OK, well i will provide proof.


    American Power: California Public Schools to Teach Homosexual Curriculum to Children as Young as Kindergartners

    http://www.defendthefamily.com/_docs...ces/2032505.pd

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/15/us/15gay.html?_r=0

    CA Gov. Signs Pro-Homosexual School Indoctrination Bills; Likely to Affect Nation’s Schoolchildren | Family Policy Network

    Calif Gov Signs Gay Education Bill | Advocate.com


    again you say, facts on on your side, they might be, however, their are people who are on the opposite end of the spectrum, who would say they have the facts..........are your facts, the only truth, and everyone else with a different point of view is wrong?

    as for me, i stated what i think, and thats all, however, as i said i have only opinion, ...which means nothing, i against any government force, that is my problem and that force comes in many ways, not just this issue here.

    would you agree that the bible [ and i dont like getting in the bible ,but i will for this statement] teaches moral values, and part of that is homosexuality is wrong, and therefore not normal.

    so if a child is taught homosexuality is wrong thru bible teachings, that child is receiving a moral teaching, ....now you want the school to teach homosexuality is normal, well teaching it is normal or abnormal, is still teaching from a moral perspective, whether you want to admit it or not...so government would be teaching from a moral position.

    government is not charged in its power to teach people there personal morals, it is not a duty of government.

    so for the issue like this one, i have heard its history, its science, and its facts, to justify the cause of teaching people the current government form of morality.

  7. #1017
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You are doing it again... proving that you do not know the difference between fact and opinion. Here, let me demonstrate:

    Fact: homosexuality is normal.
    Opinion: homosexuality is abnormal.

    If you disagree, prove me wrong. And remember, I am not talking statistically.
    i am doing it again?

    what are you doing, you are trying to force me into proving a point, ...where you say, you have the facts, and you believe that proves your case and its closed

    you have repeatedly, tried to box me into a corner, by throwing the burden of proof on me by asking me a question, remember "define fact", which you asked me, ...but you yourself would not answer, when i asked you.

    i have dealt with many people on this board, and so many times, in debates on here , the other side from me, always demands, i provide all the proof, ...and i have in some situations.

    but dont get mad at me, becuase i will not fill your demand for proof, when your only proof is....you say you have the facts.

  8. #1018
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    There are not two positions. There is homosexuality is normal... which is a fact, and homosexuality is not normal, which is NOT A FACT. You want facts taught. If you believe that homosexuality not being normal is a fact, PROVE IT. If you cannot, then your position is invalid, or you are promoting censorship.
    again you prove it, i have stated my opinion...you say its fact........you prove the fact then.

  9. #1019
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    09-21-13 @ 03:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) didnt say you were, but the point is NO, you are wrong.

    2.) its not. I BELIEVE IN GOD, I AM A CHRISTIAN but im not retarded enough to think its my job to judge others, force my morals on them or have the laws based on my opinion to violate the rights of others in a free country. Im not an idiot so i would never want that.

    religious marriage and legal marriage have ZERO to do with each other

    3.) again didnt say you were but the slippery slope argument is a complete failure if one understands what slippery slop means. You say i didnt make a sound point but yet didnt except the challenge, i wonder why?

    like i said PLEASE explain to us all how granting equal rights for gays will solely lead to other things using only the precedence for gay rights. Otherwise you got nothing.

    this is how a slippery slope works so ill wait to see your answer.

    4.) yes it is a lie, gay marriage exists BC, only thing changing is granting equality. There 100s of subjective definitions to marriage. It is in fact a lie to try to convince somebody theres only one, even the dictionary disagrees.

    5.) yes its very fair anybody that thinks you can catch gay is very ignorant and uneducated and a complete fool

    6.) you can disagree all you want but your disagreeing is very silly and illogical, i notice you addressed nothing i said so ill repeat it.

    well since the constitution exists and since churches already discriminate again STRAIGHT,INTERRACIAL and RELIGIOUS couples RIGHT NOW your argument is simply not true and a huge failure. But most importantly has nothing to do with gays. Theres no danger of "churches" being forced to marry anybody. nice try but a complete failure.

    there i ZERO risk of this.

    7.) this is very telling ans also shows how personally uneducated you are on this topic and how ignorant you are on this subject. ANYBODY that feels that all sexual orientation or all homosexual orientation is a choice is completely clueless and never to be taken serious on the issue.

    8.) no apology need i dont feel attacked at all and all your points failed, facts and reality prove them all wrong.

    but please feel free to come back when you have legit concerns or reason to stop equal rights for gays. Ill gladly read then too.


    You keep saying the same things using emotions and not logic and jumping to conclusions. Makes it impossible to talk to you. I maintain none of your points disprove the arguments against gay equality. I'm afraid the type of political debate you use is what destroys democracy. Remove emotion. Dont jump to conclusions for the sake of it. And don't consider yourself smarter than people you are speaking with.

  10. #1020
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    You are the one who doesn't know truth.
    Your response is as hollow as your arguments. As I said, it has been proven REPEATEDLY that you do not know the truth on this matter. You have no response to anything I said, simply because I've refuted you on each of those points repeatedly, demonstrating exactly what I said: you don't know what you are talking about.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •