View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    177 55.31%
  • Yes. please explain.

    143 44.69%
Page 100 of 121 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1209

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

  1. #991
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Thanxs for pointing out some more founding principles I do not mind violating
    well these are not founding principles.

    our founding principles can be found in the DOI.

    the Constitution itself is a document which setups the federal government, delegates them 18 powers, and places limitations on them, not to violate the rights of the people....so the constitution is a limiting document for government only......not for people or business.

  2. #992
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    well these are not founding principles.

    our founding principles can be found in the DOI.

    the Constitution itself is a document which setups the federal government, delegates them 18 powers, and places limitations on them, not to violate the rights of the people....so the constitution is a limiting document for government only......not for people or business.
    Since we are a government of the people, that means that yes, the Constitution does place limitations on what the people can do when those people are using the government, as in laws or limitations in laws/regulations to do it.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #993
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Since we are a government of the people, that means that yes, the Constitution does place limitations on what the people can do when those people are using the government, as in laws or limitations in laws/regulations to do it.
    nothing in the us, constitution places a limit on the people or business, nothing.

    and if you read article 1 section 8 second to last clause you will see government has no authority outside of d.c. of were the states say they can.

    government is here to secure right of the people, when you infringe on someone rights, or your actions can cause the infringements of rights, then government acts, until then it is supposed to stand back.

  4. #994
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    nothing in the us, constitution places a limit on the people or business, nothing.

    and if you read article 1 section 8 second to last clause you will see government has no authority outside of d.c. of were the states say they can.

    government is here to secure right of the people, when you infringe on someone rights, or your actions can cause the infringements of rights, then government acts, until then it is supposed to stand back.
    I didn't say it did. I said it places a limit on laws that people make/try to pass because laws are part of government, whether they are put in place by the people or the actual elected officials themselves.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #995
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I didn't say it did. I said it places a limit on laws that people make/try to pass because laws are part of government, whether they are put in place by the people or the actual elected officials themselves.
    yes, in fact your describing some what republican government, or know as mixed constitution [or our american constitution], created to stop the abuses of majority rule [democracy], which people try to use to take away people's rights.

  6. #996
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    yes, in fact your describing some what republican government, or know as mixed constitution [or our american constitution], created to stop the abuses of majority rule [democracy], which people try to use to take away people's rights.
    We aren't majority rule for a reason, to in fact protect people's rights. And those rights are being protected from other people, not the government. The government is run by the people, in many cases with full, majority support to try to restrict or violate the rights of people with not so much influence in that government, either by vote or by dollar.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #997
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    We aren't majority rule for a reason, to in fact protect people's rights. And those rights are being protected from other people, not the government. The government is run by the people, in many cases with full, majority support to try to restrict or violate the rights of people with not so much influence in that government, either by vote or by dollar.

    america was not created a majority rule. [as you say]....america was created with mixed constitution, republican government.... divided power, the people have 1/2 of direct power, the states have 1/2 direct power, and the people have 100% indirect power.


    Federalist No. 40

    The Powers of the Convention to Form a Mixed Government Examined and Sustained
    From the New York Packet.
    Friday, January 18, 1788.

    Author: James Madison

    To the People of the State of New York:

    THE SECOND point to be examined is, whether the [constitutional ]convention were authorized to frame and propose this mixed Constitution.

    Mixed government, also known as a mixed constitution, is a form of government that integrates elements of democracy, aristocracy, and monarchy. In a mixed government, some issues (often defined in a constitution) are decided by the majority of the people, some other issues by few, and some other issues by a single person (also often defined in a constitution). The idea is commonly treated as an antecedent of separation of powers.

    america was created with republican government not democratic government.......federalist 10

  8. #998
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    We aren't majority rule for a reason, to in fact protect people's rights. And those rights are being protected from other people, not the government. The government is run by the people, in many cases with full, majority support to try to restrict or violate the rights of people with not so much influence in that government, either by vote or by dollar.

    one reason to ...repeal the 17th amendment
    Last edited by Master PO; 09-19-13 at 01:06 AM.

  9. #999
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,686

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    It doesn't, and yet I've heard major Christian leaders defend those things using the bible. In our history, every single one of those injustices has been defended by using one or more quotes in the bible. The golden rule, the basis of Secular morality, is downplayed by most Christians in those cases. There's a contradiction there, and that causes the problems we see with Christian morality today; Christian based discrimination of Homosexuals is condoned by passages of the bible, but ultimately undone by the golden rule; which one do we hear about?
    There is a considerable scriptural basis that homosexual relations are sinful, and the claim that they are ultimately undone by the golden rule is pure folly. The reason: Love does not rejoice in iniquity (1 Corinthians 13). And, Romans 13:10 states that love does no harm to a neighbor (such as enticing one's neighbor into sinful relations for which there are negative temporal and eternal consequences.

    As for slavery, the vast majority of it in the Bible falls into 3 categories: 1. People selling themselves into slavery for financial reasons. 2. People undergoing the judgment of God for their evildoing. 3. People sinning against God placing their brothers into slavery (note the story of Joseph in Genesis).

    As for the Bible approving of incest, that was before the law was given, and was necessary to start the human race. Later, incense was deemed unlawful by God. Leviticus 18:6 says, "None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the Lord."

    Regarding secular righteousness, I think God is howling over that one, considering he has revealed that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. A Christian revival will convince sinners to repent of their sins, receive Christ as their Lord and Savior for the remission of their sins, and endeavor to lead as decent a Christian life as they are able.

  10. #1000
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    09-21-13 @ 03:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it? (PART II)

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) nobody said GOD is debunked im religious myself what was said is believing in god religion is not a reason fight against equal rights for gays
    2.) well then simply put up or shut up. PLEASE explain to us all how granting equal rights for gays will solely lead to other things using only the precedence for gay rights. Otherwise you got nothing.
    3.) facts prove you wrong so there nothing to debate here
    4.) yes it very ignorant there is nobody educated and honest that thinks you can catch gay
    5.) well since the constitution exists and since churches already discriminate again STRAIGHT,INTERRACIAL and RELIGIOUS couples RIGHT NOW your argument is simply not true and a huge failure. But most importantly has nothing to do with gays. Theres no danger of "churches" being forced to marry anybody. nice try but a complete failure. Are tou from the us?

    5.) no apology need i dont feel attacked at all and all your points failed, facts and reality prove them all wrong.

    but please feel free to come back when you have legit concerns or reason to stop equal rights for gays. Ill gladly read then too.


    I don't think you caught the jist of my response. I wasn't arguing against gay equality. I was just pointing out that one of the points you made are actually of use. You have a little habit of jumping to conclusions.
    For example:

    1.) Believing in god WOULD result in a believer to be against the acceptance of what christians call a "sinful" act, registered as a thing as official and closely held by christians such as marriage etc. And so if christians and the bible were correct all along...then god being real is of every relevance.
    2.) Again, I wasn't arguing against you on the principles, but simply pointing out that the "slippery slope" principle is a regular occurance in everyday life ("I'll just have one beer", "Just one last bet") and so I don't think you have made a sound point AGAINST the slippery slope argument.
    3.) Please re-read what was being said. I agreed it was a silly way to argue against gay equality, but you stated it as wrong because it was a "lie". By no definition is the reason it doesn't work as an argument a lie.
    4.) Again, I wasn't saying it was a good way to argue against gay rights, I was just pointing out that your statement of it being "ignorant" was not useful, helpful, relevant or even fair.
    5.) On this point I agree to disagree. Churches groups are currently allowed to not allow people, who they believe are indulging in something wrong, to use their facilities etc. Thats their right and good on 'em. (This last statement I make from the view point that homosexuality is a choice which is a separate issue I don't want to get into over a forum. Too hard.)

    Again, no attacks on you personally, just on your arguments against the arguments against the gay equality movement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •