I hold a negative view about Micheal Moore, because he is uninformed and very often distorts the truth or even lies. The problem is, a lot of people believe him, especially in many people in Europe think Moore describes America in accurate way. Also many Americans end up thinking that everything is so much better in Europe, which isn't true at all.
For instance when he went to Cuba, was sent to a hospital for foreigners and was given first class treatment. In real Cuba, the health care is terrible, but a lot of people got fooled into thinking that the average Cuban get the same treatment as Moore did.
YouTube - ‪Michael Moore in Norway‬‎
Also, since I'm originally from Norway, I can tell many of the lies of the clip in Norway.
1. He didn't go to Norway , because it was too good to be true.
- Actually he didn't go there because Norway is an oil country, and that would discredit him.
2. Buy you a car if you have trouble using public transportation.
- Nope, what in reality happens is that you can a voucher of a few taxi trips per year if you have trouble using public transportation and can't use a car. Anyway, who can use a car, but can't use public transportation?
3. Rank number 1 in HDI, hence they are in the top of literacy, education, health care
- Bull****, in health care WHO does not give Norway very high ranking. Education, Norway is below average in every single international survey and is not doing well at all. Actually HDI has only three factors that distingush western countries, retirement age, GDP per capita, and school enrolment which is totally irrelevant for western countries. And since Norway does better in GDP per capita (because of oil) and school enrolment, then Norway is number 1 in HDI.
4. They are ahead of the rest of the world in renewable energies.
- Not really, Norway does have a lot of hydropower, but that is just luck with the geographics and low population. But other than that, most European countries are doing much better.
5. Oh.. and I love how he is so happy about the prison camp. I don't know about you, but I would like to punish the criminals as well. Also, I'm sure that place is not as fun in the winter and when it is raining. I mean the average weather over on the west coast is around 18C in the summer and 2C in the winter and it rains all the time. Evidently all of his pictures were from sunny warm days in Norway.
Also he didn't mention.
1. Police protection is very weak, even when you know the suspect and have evidence, it is very common for police to dismiss you case. Actually there is an unwritten rule that they do not take cases worth less than 20000 dollars.
2. Long health care lines, also for important stuff like cancer, similar to every single country that has public health care system. Doesn't mean that US shouldn't have a public health care system, but it's not perfect.
3. The broken education system
4. The high taxes.
5. And the high living standards might have something to do with all of the oil.
It's very clear that Moore distorts facts, and he only presents the what's is good about social democratic systems and bad about the American system.