View Poll Results: When should the United States of America go to war?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always (I'll be surprised if anyone chooses this)

    6 5.41%
  • Frequently.

    0 0%
  • Often

    0 0%
  • Only when moderately necessary.

    4 3.60%
  • Sometimes.

    2 1.80%
  • When necessary.

    33 29.73%
  • Only when extremely necessary.

    30 27.03%
  • Rarely.

    4 3.60%
  • Almost never.

    8 7.21%
  • Never (Probably more people will choose this than the other extreme).

    24 21.62%
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 222

Thread: When should the United States of America go to war?

  1. #161
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: When should the United States of America go to war?

    Quote Originally Posted by chickie View Post
    Bull. Christians kill no one--especially Born-Again Christians don't kill anyone. Christians do NOT kill you for not converting to Christianity. Muslims will saw your head off if you refuse to convert. And guess what? That "Israeli Jew" who was killing all the black men in MI. He's not a Jew. He's an illegal alien Arab Muslim. Gee, what a surprise. Not.
    Serial Killer Who Targeted US Blacks is Palestinian Arab Illegal Alien, Police Hid “Mid-Eastern” Description | Debbie Schlussel
    Really? So the IRA didn't happen? This didn't happen? This was all a figment of our imagination?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #162
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: When should the United States of America go to war?

    Quote Originally Posted by chickie View Post
    my (perfect) ass.
    Link, please.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #163
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: When should the United States of America go to war?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What was that you where saying?
    are you confusing me with someone else?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #164
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: When should the United States of America go to war?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    are you confusing me with someone else?
    Are you the one who mistakenly defended her?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: When should the United States of America go to war?

    A bunch of empty vague poll choices.

    The US should go to war when attacked, and that response should be both decisive and final.

    Absent that, the US should only engage forces in battle with the declaration of war the Constitution requires under Article I, Section 8. I know this means that the US could technically vote to go to war with England to stop the Queen from opening the big end of her egg, but that's why this nation is a democratic republic. The hope has always been that the Congress with the power to declare war will heed the wishes of it's constituents carefully.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: When should the United States of America go to war?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    When there is a legitimate threat to U.S. national security/interests (I know, what is and what isn't is debatable), obviously when the U.S. is directly or indirectly attacked and when a state that the U.S. has a treaty obligation with is attacked...
    Your argument runs thusly:

    A nation decides to embargo trade with a nation of certain materials deemed critical to it's security. The embargoed nation cannot find a convenient alternative source of materials and rightly or wrongly, it comes to view the embargo as an unacceptable intrusion on it's sovereignity. In response, it chooses to start a war to seize by force those assets it was denied by trade.

    Japan wrongly started just such a war at Pearl Harbor because it needed US materiel to continue it's imperialist efforts in Manchuria.

    When the US is attacked, or when a credible threat that a physical attack is imminent.

    The US should not have entangling treaty obligations that draw us into wars without the people's specific consent. The blow up of WWI in Euorpe was the result of the exactly that kind of entanglement in the European countries.

  7. #167
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: When should the United States of America go to war?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Your argument runs thusly:

    A nation decides to embargo trade with a nation of certain materials deemed critical to it's security. The embargoed nation cannot find a convenient alternative source of materials and rightly or wrongly, it comes to view the embargo as an unacceptable intrusion on it's sovereignity. In response, it chooses to start a war to seize by force those assets it was denied by trade.

    Japan wrongly started just such a war at Pearl Harbor because it needed US materiel to continue it's imperialist efforts in Manchuria.
    Your point? The reason the U.S. had an embargo on those products was of Japan's ongoing imperialist activities in China. Had Japan not done so, there would have been no embargo.


    When the US is attacked, or when a credible threat that a physical attack is imminent.

    The US should not have entangling treaty obligations that draw us into wars without the people's specific consent. The blow up of WWI in Euorpe was the result of the exactly that kind of entanglement in the European countries.
    The treaty obligations in many cases are vital to U.S. security. The U.S. can't rely on the oceans to provide the protection for it any more. They provided that protection in the days of the Founding Fathers, but they just don't any more. U.S. treaties with Eurpope, Japan, Korea, the Chiang clique and Southeast Asia were vital to U.S. security. Had it not been for the umbrella of protection provided by the U.S., Europe and much of Asia would have fallen under the control of the Communist bloc. Had that happened, you don't think they would have used that superior position to undermine and even invade the United States?

    It is still vital today that the U.S. maintain military relationships with states that have like goals and have a certain respect for the rule of law and democratic rights.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #168
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: When should the United States of America go to war?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Are you the one who mistakenly defended her?
    are you the one taking the statement "most terrorists are muslim" and converting it to "most muslims are terrorists" which clearly is not the same thing.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #169
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    Re: When should the United States of America go to war?

    Really, I'm surprised at Chickie's bigotness against Muslims. The Christians committed lots of murders too. The KKK, the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, and you act like Christians are a bunch of harmless lambs. Most Muslims don't believe in murder. I can't believe how some conservative christians are so thoughtless and blantantly lie about others. In fact, I sometimes wonder whether you're just a liberal posing as an outrageous conservative in order to damage the conservative cause. No decent person would be such bigoted.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  10. #170
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    Re: When should the United States of America go to war?

    Oh, so you consider Opus Dei to be a harmless branch of Christianity. Although I respect their good intentions, I do strongly feel against the practice of torturing themselves with the Discipline, the cilice, and their aggressive recruiting practices. Jeez, the way you speak, anybody will think every Christian is a harmless lamb who wouldn't hurt a flea
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •