View Poll Results: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Convincing

    1 5.26%
  • Somewhat Convincing

    1 5.26%
  • Neither

    2 10.53%
  • Somewhat Unconvincing

    1 5.26%
  • Very Unconvincing

    14 73.68%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 161

Thread: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

  1. #21
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I don't think that would foward this conversation. I think if you want to make this claim, you also need to identify those who think Obama can do no wrong and that ALL his current issues are Bush's fault....
    I think that would be against forum rules since it would be debating the posters and not the issues. But I agree that there are people who think Obama can do no wrong and you can generally identify those people by their signatures. Those people are foolish. However, as I stated before, my concern is that we place blame where it is due and not simply on one president vs another.

  2. #22
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I don't think that would foward this conversation. I think if you want to make this claim, you also need to identify those who think Obama can do no wrong and that ALL his current issues are Bush's fault....
    It IS after all the basis of the thread...

  3. #23
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I think that would be against forum rules since it would be debating the posters and not the issues. But I agree that there are people who think Obama can do no wrong and you can generally identify those people by their signatures. Those people are foolish. However, as I stated before, my concern is that we place blame where it is due and not simply on one president vs another.
    Take that one further then...place blame where it is due. who has passed every piece of legislation since January of 2007?

  4. #24
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I think that would be against forum rules since it would be debating the posters and not the issues. But I agree that there are people who think Obama can do no wrong and you can generally identify those people by their signatures. Those people are foolish. However, as I stated before, my concern is that we place blame where it is due and not simply on one president vs another.



    I think you can cite samples in ways that are not calling other posters out. I have done both. Got yelled at for one, not the other. Ask a mod.




    I agree we should place blame where it is due. Seems thought the current admin gets a pass for what the previous one did with some though in my observation.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #25
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    It IS after all the basis of the thread...
    You misunderstand than. For example, I think Obama's foreign policy continues to be wrong, we should be out of Iraq and Iran. I think he did not try hard enough to keep lobbiests out of government positions. I think he should have cleaned house at the MMS before the oil spill. I think he gave BP too much leeway in the oil spill and he should have better accepted foreign help. He should have done a better job with shutting down Gitmo. I don't think the stimulus was big enough, especially with deflationary pressure on the economy today. I think he should have done a better job cleaning out the banks and gm during the crisis. He should have been more aggressive with the public option.

    There is lots of stuff I don't like about what Obama is doing. So again, I think you are missing the point. I am not attempting to absolve Obama from blame, but I also don't think Bush should be either.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Take that one further then...place blame where it is due. who has passed every piece of legislation since January of 2007?
    You think all of today's problems started since 2007?

    Either way, it looks like my attempt to stay on track is failing. Oh well.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 08-02-10 at 11:35 AM.

  6. #26
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    You misunderstand than. For example, I think Obama's foreign policy continues to be wrong, we should be out of Iraq and Iran. I think he did not try hard enough to keep lobbiests out of government positions. I think he should have cleaned house at the MMS before the oil spill. I think he gave BP too much leeway in the oil spill and he should have better accepted foreign help. He should have done a better job with shutting down Gitmo. I don't think the stimulus was big enough, especially with deflationary pressure on the economy today. I think he should have done a better job cleaning out the banks and gm during the crisis. He should have been more aggressive with the public option.

    There is lots of stuff I don't like about what Obama is doing. So again, I think you are missing the point. I am not attempting to absolve Obama from blame, but I also don't think Bush should be either.



    You think all of today's problems started since 2007?
    Nope...I have said for I dont know how many times...our problems have been going on for as long as the democrats and republicans have been spending money like it was theirs. However...if you want to blame Bush, then you HAVE to have enough integrity to admit that for the last 4 years, the DEMOCRATS...not George Bush...have passed every spending bill...every regulation act, every peice of legislation on which Bush AND Obama has put pen to paper.

  7. #27
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    There is lots of stuff I don't like about what Obama is doing. So again, I think you are missing the point. I am not attempting to absolve Obama from blame, but I also don't think Bush should be either.
    Like the good Rev has pointed out...I simply dont see ANYONE saying Bush was without fault. I DO see people saying yes...but regardless...Dood is the PRESIDENT now and this impotent blame everything on Bush tactic is a miserable FAIL. So the PREMISE of your thread...that posters absolve Bush of HIS responsibility...is flawed.

  8. #28
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Nope...I have said for I dont know how many times...our problems have been going on for as long as the democrats and republicans have been spending money like it was theirs. However...if you want to blame Bush, then you HAVE to have enough integrity to admit that for the last 4 years, the DEMOCRATS...not George Bush...have passed every spending bill...every regulation act, every peice of legislation on which Bush AND Obama has put pen to paper.
    Sure I will admit that. I don't see your point in bringing it up since our problems started before 2007. Heck some of our current problems happened under Clinton's watch or even before that.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Like the good Rev has pointed out...I simply dont see ANYONE saying Bush was without fault. I DO see people saying yes...but regardless...Dood is the PRESIDENT now and this impotent blame everything on Bush tactic is a miserable FAIL. So the PREMISE of your thread...that posters absolve Bush of HIS responsibility...is flawed.
    This is a point I disagree with. A president's power to address problems are often limited. If he were king, I would agree with you.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 08-02-10 at 11:44 AM.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I agree we should place blame where it is due. Seems thought the current admin gets a pass for what the previous one did with some though in my observation.
    I have to agree that there are quite a few morons out there who believe that Obama can do no wrong. However, I also find that there are many in the Republican party who have completely different standards for Obama than they had for Bush.

    I am completely in favor of holding Obama accountable to deliver on campaign promises. So, for instance, the fact that GITMO still hasn't been closed, and we are still holding suspects without access to legal counsel, and may even be torturing people is EXTREMELY bothersome to me. As is the fact that we still don't have clear goals/objectives in A-stan or Iran, and no real exit plan.

    However, I don't really believe that Obama can be blamed in entirety for our massive debtload and economic woes. Those were already far advanced by the time he was elected, and could hardly be corrected in 18 months. In other words, we didn't get here overnight, and we aren't going to get things turned around overnight, either.

    Obama is significantly better, in almost every way, than Bush. However, there seems to be little recognition of this fact from most conservatives.

  10. #30
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I have to agree that there are quite a few morons out there who believe that Obama can do no wrong. However, I also find that there are many in the Republican party who have completely different standards for Obama than they had for Bush.

    I am completely in favor of holding Obama accountable to deliver on campaign promises. So, for instance, the fact that GITMO still hasn't been closed, and we are still holding suspects without access to legal counsel, and may even be torturing people is EXTREMELY bothersome to me. As is the fact that we still don't have clear goals/objectives in A-stan or Iran, and no real exit plan.

    However, I don't really believe that Obama can be blamed in entirety for our massive debtload and economic woes. Those were already far advanced by the time he was elected, and could hardly be corrected in 18 months. In other words, we didn't get here overnight, and we aren't going to get things turned around overnight, either.

    Obama is significantly better, in almost every way, than Bush. However, there seems to be little recognition of this fact from most conservatives.


    how is he better in almost every way? he tripled the debt, gitmo is still open, wiretapps, fbi searches, taxes going up, still in a-stan (which is not going well, I am sad to say), iraq, etc. There is little policy wise different than the two and to state that we don't recognize your opinion as fact seems a little odd.


    Obama, bush, are not much different than each other policy wise, to claim one is better in almost every way, I can't agree with.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •