View Poll Results: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Convincing

    1 5.26%
  • Somewhat Convincing

    1 5.26%
  • Neither

    2 10.53%
  • Somewhat Unconvincing

    1 5.26%
  • Very Unconvincing

    14 73.68%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 161

Thread: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

  1. #131
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No.

    They do not.

    Mistake #1: Refusal to cut taxes across the board.

    Mistake #2: Eagerness to raise taxes.

    Mistake #3: Quadrupling the Deficit in one year.

    Mistake #4: Suing Arizona for attempting to enforce federal laws he's Constitutionally obligated to enforce but refuses to.

    Mistake #5: Defining "openness" in politics as "plywood over windows".

    Mistake #6: Focusing exclusively on ramming a health care plan not wanted by the majority with national official unemployment rates increase by 50% to nearly 10% overall. Ten-friggin'-percent.

    Mistake #7: Accepting blatant racism in his Justice Deparment. Not wise at all for a president pretending to be "post-racial".

    Mistake #8: Refusing to waive the laws forbidding non-US ships to operate in the Gulf of Mexico to clean up the spill, and related errors.

    Mistake #9: His persistence in bowing and kowtowing to foreign leaders. He's yet to visit the city of Al Kuds. One of his staff referred to Jerusalem by it's muslim name, for some strange reason. In other words, he's demonstrated the most incompetent foreign policy in my lifetime.

    Mistake #10: US dependency on foreign oil has not declined, US reliance on domestic fossil reserves has not expanded.

    The question that will and should be asked is:

    Is the nation better off than it was when he mispoke the Oath of Office that sad January day, 2009?

    The truthful answer is "hell no".
    I approve of most of those things because it gives the rabid right anuerisms.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    The issue is that Obama inherited a **** ton of a mess, thanks to the invisible Bush.

    Quote Originally Posted by NolaMan View Post
    Will the Left ever get tired of pushing this line? Yes, Bush was not the best President and he made mistakes, but attempting to justify Obama's mistakes by pointing to a Bush mistakes is idiotic in my opinion...

    Perhaps it is some twisted logic that two mistakes make a right?

  3. #133
    Educator Jucon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    787

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    What I don't get is, where were these conservatives during the Bush administration? Where were the mass conservative protests during the Bush administration by an SEA Party (Spent Enough Already)? I mean have they seriously thought about how Bush turned a surplus into a MASSIVE deficit and increased our debt by more than any one administration? (well next to Obama... though Bush created a deficit all on his own, Obama had to deal with the cards he was dealt) Bush left behind this bloated government and failing economy for the successors to run. And the right thinks this current mess is Obama's fault? I mean who are they trying to fool here? Apparently only their base, because no one else is fooled.
    Last edited by Jucon; 08-04-10 at 05:35 AM.

  4. #134
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    ^---- /sigh

    We're still in Iraq, and ramping up in Afghanistan, and while people will try to rewrite history Afghanistan was included in many of the later war protests. Happened to see war protests every week being followed on MSNBC or CNN since Obama took office? Seen any random protesters camping out outside of the White House or Chicago when Obama goes home? Remember the legions of Democrats complaining about spending and the deficits for 8 years and now are completely silent? Rememeber MoveOn.org labeling General Petraeus and General Betrayus while under Bush while remaining relatively silent about him when Obama's shifting him into command of Afghanistan? Remember great outrage at the notion of using the "nuclear option" by democrats and then turning around and defending the congresses hope to potentially pass something with "a simple up and down vote"?

    Or you know, you could step out of your political grand standing and view this realistically. Human nature suggests that individuals complain in a different fashion depending on the circumstances, specifically if its "their" guy or not and the benefit it'll get them.

    For the "their guy" mentality, look at sports. TO was on the 49'ers and generally viewed as a malcontent that is a jackass, but once the Eagles got him Eagles fans thought he was great and ignored it until he was gone. Then the cowboys got him and suddenly forgot about their hatred for him when he was on a division rival and spiked the ball on the Star and embraced him, till he was gone and then it was back to bashing. Hell, for my team, watching Washington Redskins fans suddenly talk about Donovan McNabb as a top 5 quarterback when all the way up to last year they would've argud he's overrated is a perfect example. Human nature is to be more defensive and forgiving for "your guys".

    Additionally, you tend to be more likely to keep complaints or issues "internal" rather than external. How many businesses, groups, or sports teams do you hear referencing that? Keep it "in house". If you have a problem with "your people" then you want to fix it to improve YOUR people. Highlighting said problem publicly would then be counter productive to that goal, as while it may fix the problem it creates a new one as people see disfunction, get the problem further pointed out to them, and allow them to exploit it.

    Which leads to the self interest and end goal issue. If you're upset with "your guys" but still think they're BETTER than the other guy, you try to fix the issue in such a way that will hopefully fix it while not helping the other guy win. Why? Because then you're cutting off your nose to spite your face, potentially making things WORSE rather than fixing anything.

    In politics this is why throughout history when people are upset with THEIR party or ideology the fervor is usually much quieter, much more restrained, much more spoken about in calm and more neutral tones publicly. This is because actions like loud protests, heated rhetoric, continual harping, and other such actions inspire the potential for change in a candidate by hopefully hurting the amount of funding and support they get by swaying public opinion. The problem with doing this against ones own party is that by hurting funding and support you hurt your chance of having your guys elected, and if you think your guys (Even with their problems) are BETTER than the other guys then you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. This is why both parties tend to go for a more subdued approach against their own side most times.

    And even then, at times it does ramp up though typically relative to the rest of the reaction to a party. For example go back and look at 2006 and much that was coming out of many conservatives at that time. Donations were crappy, turnout wasn't that great, many conservatives were stating they were staging protest non-votes due to Republicans failing to adhere to their beliefs, etc.

    Is that as loud as its now? Absolutely not. But wishing for that to occur is just unrealistic and is expecting conservatives to be held to a standard that not a single political group has done in modern times. To reserve your condemnation solely for them is hollow.

  5. #135
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Zyph, at least 4 of the 8 years under Bush where with a booming economy.
    Not according to his detractors, like you.
    For most of them there was a recession for the entire time he was in office.

    Your convenient revisionist views are nothing but a lame attempt to excuse The Obama.

  6. #136
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Not according to his detractors, like you.
    For most of them there was a recession for the entire time he was in office.

    Your convenient revisionist views are nothing but a lame attempt to excuse The Obama.
    You can feel free to show where I have said anything like what you claim. If you cannot(and you will not be able to), you can apologize for lying about me. We know you would never be less than honest...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #137
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You can feel free to show where I have said anything like what you claim. If you cannot(and you will not be able to)...
    Only because your join date is May 2008. I have no reason to think you were anything but critical of the economy under GWB while GWB was in office.

    And, in any event, there's no question that my referring to you as a GWB detractor is correct, just as there is no question that your convenient revisionist views are just a lame attempt to excuse The Obama.

  8. #138
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Only because your join date is May 2008. I have no reason to think you were anything but critical of the economy under GWB while GWB was in office.

    And, in any event, there's no question that my referring to you as a GWB detractor is correct, just as there is no question that your convenient revisionist views are just a lame attempt to excuse The Obama.
    And there is no questioning your blind love for The Bush makes you incapable of judging other people's stances.

    See, I can post retarded crap like that too.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #139
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Only because your join date is May 2008. I have no reason to think you were anything but critical of the economy under GWB while GWB was in office.
    So what you're saying is you have no proof that Redress was critical of the economy under GWB all 8 years of his Presidency?

    And, in any event, there's no question that my referring to you as a GWB detractor is correct, just as there is no question that your convenient revisionist views are just a lame attempt to excuse The Obama.
    Ah, but you SPECIFICALLY referred to Redress as a GWB detractor that complained about the economy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress
    Zyph, at least 4 of the 8 years under Bush where with a booming economy.
    Not according to his detractors, like you.
    This is specifically stating that according to Dectactors of Bush, specifically ones like redress, that there were not 4 years of a booming Economy under Bush.

    If you were simply meaning dectractors in general didn't state that during that time, and you're simply referencing Redress in a GENERAL sense, then you'd need to show some kind of proof that all if not at least most of Bush's detractors uniformly suggested that.

    You made a pathetic and dishonest attack against a person by grouping them into something based on zero evidence, zero facts, and nothing but your baseless speculation due to your rabid partisanship that's being displayed on this issue.

  10. #140
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: How convincing is the ignore Bush strategy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And there is no questioning your blind love for The Bush makes you incapable of judging other people's stances.

    See, I can post retarded crap like that too.
    Yes... but you dont really have a choice in that regard, so it is expected.

    Aside from that, your statement is a red herring, mine is an illustration of how you're just making excuses for The Obama.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •