View Poll Results: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    21 48.84%
  • No, because...

    22 51.16%
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 418

Thread: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

  1. #321
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    If your use of 'worthwhile' is applied (that being, only the people who agree your poll added something of worth to the board), you'd probably be the only person posting in this thread.
    Bzzt. Fail.
    You can disagree with me all you want. Just dont waste everyone's time by doing so w/o substance - such as you have, so far.

  2. #322
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    What we are seeing here is Goobie continuing to present a failed and refuted position because he is too stubborn to admit he is wrong. No one has made the argument around Obama's race or his political party. These are the things that you HOPED people would do based on your trap. And now, since no one did, you are just creating the straw men arguments because you have nothing of actual substance to hold onto.

    Give it up, Goobie. You failed. No one fell into what you were trying to do. People picked out the dishonesty quickly, because people understand that context means everything.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #323
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    It appears to me that Goobieman's underlying premise here is the following:

    “The Media” and varied political figures (more specifically, “Liberals” and “democrats”.) are more likely to respond negatively towards a person whose statement included the phrase noted in the poll title if they are:
    1. A republican.
    2. A conservative.
    3. A white person.
    4. Etcetera.


    Is this correct?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #324
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Please quote us who said this.
    Sorry...no one -here- need to have made either statement for that point to be valid.

    More pure BS being spured by you.
    Um... no.
    If you believe that peopel do NOT often react differently to a statement based on who said it -- well, I guess you cannot be helped.

    Had GWB said this in exactly the same fashion as Obama did, speaking how the same can be applied to whites, I would've treated it exactly the same way.
    -You- would have. You speak for everyone? Especially the Obama-loving=Buch-hating- rabid leftists?
    Of course not. So YOU thinking exactly the same thing means, well, nothing.

    WHO said it was needed for context for me, not because Obama saying it is better than Limbaugh, but because of the context regarding you.
    This is amazxingly silly. I dont have a THING to do with this other thanposting a perfectly valid question that was perfectly answerable w/o anothing other than the meaning of the wor 'mongrel' ias it is used in the question.

    If a liberal said it then we damn well know that Goobieman is probably leaving comments out, misrepresenting the context its used in, or attempting to keep it hidden because he's laying a trap.
    And yet, this isnt even close to what happened. Fail.

    Yes, if someone JUSt said "African Americans are a mongrel people" without ANYTHING else, which is not what happened here, I would probably react a bit more curiously with Limbaugh saying it than Obama.
    And how would this change your asnwer to your question?
    If it changes it at all, then you prove my point, in its entirety.

    However that's not what this situation is, no matter how many times you try to dishonestly cache it as such by trying to ignore the full context of the situation you're obviously and admittedly referencing.
    What you still fail to understand is that to answer my question, none of that matters. Not in the slightest. And its just plain dishonest of you to continue to think that it does.

    For you, who has stated this and numerous other dishonest threads completely devoid of intellectual honesty in their creation and their execution, to attempt to suggest that anyone who has the audacity to disagree with you lacks it is laughable.
    This is, again, jsut silly.
    See, what you fail to understand is that I havent taken a position regarding the statement itself -- I asked a question. How can you disagree with my question?

    Your point is not infallable, not even sound...
    Tell me:
    What -is- my point?
    Do you even have a clue, or are you just spouting so that you can hear yourself type?

  5. #325
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by CompSciGuy View Post
    And rightly so. Something like mongrel or mutt can take on completely different context depending on who said it.
    Really? So...
    What's your asnwer to my question given that The Obama made the statment?
    What's your asnwer to my question if GWB had made the statment?

  6. #326
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Context is extremely important. I've often referred to my mixed background as "Heinz 57" or "mutt." I'm german, English, Dutch, and Seminole. My kids are all of that, plus half Filipino.

    Most AMERICANS are mongrels, in the context in which Obama said it. Your posts are ridiculous.
    This response clearly indicates that you are missing the point, entirely.

  7. #327
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    What we are seeing here is Goobie continuing to present a failed and refuted position....
    Enlighten me:
    What is my position on this issue?

    because he is too stubborn to admit he is wrong.
    As the ocean said to the drop of water

    No one has made the argument around Obama's race or his political party.
    BUT... people HAVE said that their answer to my question is at least partially dependent on who said it.

    These are the things that you HOPED people would do based on your trap.
    As you have been told before, your assumption here is wrong. You can continue to assert that your assumption is correct, but that just means you are too stubborn admit that you are wrong.

    And now, since no one did, you are just creating the straw men arguments because you have nothing of actual substance to hold onto.
    See above. Your assumption is wrong. You can continue to assert that your assumption is correct, but that just means you are too stubborn admit that you are wrong.

    Give it up, Goobie. You failed.
    Actually, no.
    I may have failed had I the intentions you assume I had, but since your asuumptions are wrong, your statement here is as well. You can continue to assert that your assumption is correct, but that just means you are too stubborn admit that you are wrong

    No one fell into what you were trying to do.
    You mean no one fell into what you think I was trying to do - but since your asuumptions are wrong, your statement here is as well. You can continue to assert that your assumption is correct, but that just means you are too stubborn admit that you are wrong

    Thus:
    Straw, man.

  8. #328
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    It appears to me that Goobieman's underlying premise here is the following:
    “The Media” and varied political figures (more specifically, “Liberals” and “democrats”.) are more likely to respond negatively towards a person whose statement included the phrase noted in the poll title if they are:
    1. A republican.
    2. A conservative.
    3. A white person.
    4. Etcetera.

    Is this correct?
    That's one way of looking at it, thought it is a narrower view than intended.

    The idea here is that some people will agree with a statement based on who said it rather than the accuracy of the statement itself. This is more often the case when someone states an opinion, but it also present in a statement of fact.

    That's why the question was asked w/o reference as to who said it, so as to not pollute the responses. In all reality, it doesn't matter one whit who made the statement, as the statement is true or false, regardless. There's no way to argue otherwise.

    Now, it -does- matter what was -trying- to be said, and that -was- addressed -- rather than using the word in a demeaning manner, it was used literally, to denote a mixed anscestry. This clarification was issued well over 300 posts ago. Given that, all that was needed to answer the question was present.

  9. #329
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    That's one way of looking at it, thought it is a narrower view than intended.

    The idea here is that some people will agree with a statement based on who said it rather than the accuracy of the statement itself. This is more often the case when someone states an opinion, but it also present in a statement of fact.

    That's why the question was asked w/o reference as to who said it, so as to not pollute the responses. In all reality, it doesn't matter one whit who made the statement, as the statement is true or false, regardless. There's no way to argue otherwise.

    Now, it -does- matter what was -trying- to be said, and that -was- addressed -- rather than using the word in a demeaning manner, it was used literally, to denote a mixed ancestry. This clarification was issued well over 300 posts ago. Given that, all that was needed to answer the question was present.
    Ah.

    However, I would think it a much more valid test to post the whole text of the statements in the OP.

    As the statement "African-Americans are a mongrel people" has far more possible meanings on its own, as opposed to when it's just a portion of a larger statement.

    True, I'm sure someone would take it out of context no matter who said it, but that's no reason to stoop to their level.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #330
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    I just find it amusing when the palest of cracker ass crackers always claim to have some naitive american tribe as a part of their ancestry.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •