View Poll Results: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    21 48.84%
  • No, because...

    22 51.16%
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 418

Thread: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

  1. #311
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    I've given you the specific answer at least twice now, it's up to you to find someone to explain it to you, since you don't seem capable of comprehending simple English.
    And thus, the ad hom, the final resting point of someone with nothing of value to say.

  2. #312
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Well if this is going to be a label of some sort, then I would suppose we are all American mongrels or we are not. Besides why would anyone ask such a ridiculous question.
    The answer to that is simple:
    For some people, who said something determies if they agree with it or not or if that statement is 'acceptable'.
    This is one of those instances -- The Obama said what He said and it didnt create the slightest of ripples.
    Had GWB or Limbaugh or any white conservative said it, there's be hell to pay.

    No one with any degree of intellectual honesty could possibly argue otherwise.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 08-02-10 at 07:41 AM.

  3. #313
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I find this poll very insulting and that would be a NO. I pity fools that would look at any persons as mutts.
    Interesting response.
    How, exactly, is the statement incorrect?

  4. #314
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    You are rude, right? Not just pretending to be?
    I'm sorry -- unless you have something worthwhile to add, you need not rerspond. There's already been a warning issued here.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    If your use of 'worthwhile' is applied (that being, only the people who agree your poll added something of worth to the board), you'd probably be the only person posting in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'm sorry -- unless you have something worthwhile to add, you need not rerspond. There's already been a warning issued here.

  6. #316
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The answer to that is simple:
    For some people, who said something determies if they agree with it or not or if that statement is 'acceptable'.
    This is one of those instances -- The Obama said what He said and it didnt create the slightest of ripples.
    Had GWB or Limbaugh or any white conservative said it, there's be hell to pay.

    No one with any degree of intellectual honesty could possibly argue otherwise.
    Please quote us who said this.

    More pure BS being spured by you.

    Had GWB said this in exactly the same fashion as Obama did, speaking how the same can be applied to whites, I would've treated it exactly the same way.

    WHO said it was needed for context for me, not because Obama saying it is better than Limbaugh, but because of the context regarding you. If a liberal said it then we damn well know that Goobieman is probably leaving comments out, misrepresenting the context its used in, or attempting to keep it hidden because he's laying a trap. If its a conservative then, well, there probably isn't a thread about it made by Goobie. Additionally WHO said it allows for a better chance to find out the full context it was stated in. Finally, at times WHO said it can matter, but this wouldn't necessarily be one of those cases.

    Yes, if someone JUSt said "African Americans are a mongrel people" without ANYTHING else, which is not what happened here, I would probably react a bit more curiously with Limbaugh saying it than Obama. Limbaugh has a history of saying controversial racial things, often ambiguous in meaning, in a hope to stir up controversy and pander both to some of the more unpleasent segment of his base while simultaneously creating publicity by the media getting in a tizzy over it and then "explaining" himself. Obama does not have this history. As such, if that was ALL that was said, yeah...I'd react differently to Limbaugh.

    However that's not what this situation is, no matter how many times you try to dishonestly cache it as such by trying to ignore the full context of the situation you're obviously and admittedly referencing.

    For you, who has stated this and numerous other dishonest threads completely devoid of intellectual honesty in their creation and their execution, to attempt to suggest that anyone who has the audacity to disagree with you lacks it is laughable. Your point is not infallable, not even sound, and the ground on which you make such ludicrous and absurd decrees is shaking so badly it'd register on the richter scale.

  7. #317
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    10-25-11 @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    116

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The answer to that is simple:
    For some people, who said something determies if they agree with it or not or if that statement is 'acceptable'.
    This is one of those instances -- The Obama said what He said and it didnt create the slightest of ripples.
    Had GWB or Limbaugh or any white conservative said it, there's be hell to pay.

    No one with any degree of intellectual honesty could possibly argue otherwise.
    And rightly so. Something like mongrel or mutt can take on completely different context depending on who said it. As a cultural mix of German, English, Irish, and some other nationalities/ethnicities, I've reffered to myself as a "mutt" numerous times. If someone said that about a people who they aren't related and they have a reputation of being hostile towards minorities, then yes, it'll take on a different meaning.

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Context is extremely important. I've often referred to my mixed background as "Heinz 57" or "mutt." I'm german, English, Dutch, and Seminole. My kids are all of that, plus half Filipino.

    Most AMERICANS are mongrels, in the context in which Obama said it. Your posts are ridiculous.

  9. #319
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I am sure that CC will be happy to explain to you the details of the 'appeal to poularity' fallacy.
    Of course, given his knowledge of such, I do find it amusing that he thanked you for your post.
    I just thought I would point out the humor of complaining about an "appeal to popularity" in a poll thread...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #320
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I just thought I would point out the humor of complaining about an "appeal to popularity" in a poll thread...
    If you understood the difference, you'd see that there's no humor at all.

    Asking for people's opinion in a poll is nothing at all like trying to determine the soundness of a position based on how many people like it.

    That is, asking of you think 2+2=4 isn't the same thing as arguing that since most people believe 2+2=5 then 2+2=5.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 08-02-10 at 05:19 PM.

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •