View Poll Results: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    21 48.84%
  • No, because...

    22 51.16%
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 418

Thread: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

  1. #291
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,151

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I asked a specific question looking for specific asnwers. Your response does not address that question.
    actually, from what you posted, presenting that the context in which a word is used has no bearing so long as the definition is known, it was apparent you could not be very well acquainted with the concept of semantics. which is why i sent you to a site to remedy that shortcoming
    if you want to read your post again to understand why i found you were without an understanding of semantics, here it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yawn.
    What exactly do you need to know other than the specific meaning of the word as used, why do you need to know it, and how sould any of that change your response to the question?
    it may well be that to acknowledge semantics undermines your attempts to paint the useage of a word as absolute, such that the context in which a word is used will have no bearing upon how it is heard. i have tried to disabuse you of that notion, but like the horse, i can lead you to water but cannot force you to think
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #292
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yawn.
    What exactly do you need to know other than the specific meaning of the word as used, why do you need to know it, and how sould any of that change your response to the question?
    I've given you the specific answer at least twice now, it's up to you to find someone to explain it to you, since you don't seem capable of comprehending simple English.

  3. #293
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Are African-Americans a mongrel people?Time for people on every side of this to get less insulting towards each other. Thank you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #294
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Well if this is going to be a label of some sort, then I would suppose we are all American mongrels or we are not. Besides why would anyone ask such a ridiculous question.

  5. #295
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    It does matter what the context is because it can be offensive to state that African Americans are of mixed breed.
    As long as its not coming from a black man.
    Gotcha.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #296
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    As long as its not coming from a black man.
    Gotcha.
    Straw man. Gotcha.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #297
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Yes, because everytime I point out that the Messiah is a liar, the Lefties jump all over me. So I'm going to say the Messiah told the truth this time.

    Not that I have any idea what the word "mongrel" might mean, since I'm mongrelized Irish and German, and my kids are mongrelized Irish and German and French and Manchurian.

    The problem really is that the Messiah, abandoned by his sperm donor, educated in an Indonesian madrassas, has picked up thoroughly un-American notions about the importance of antecedants as opposed to the American ideal that the measure of a man is his accomplishments.

    This is perfectly understandable because the Messiah hasn't accomplished **** yet.

  8. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    Yet another stupid thread started by conservatives to bash Obama over something so minor and insignificant.
    If Vacant Lott said EXACTLY what the Messiah had said, you people would be all over him like purple on an eggplant.

  9. #299
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    I find this poll very insulting and that would be a NO. I pity fools that would look at any persons as mutts.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  10. #300
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 04:13 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    486

    Re: Are African-Americans a mongrel people?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Well if this is going to be a label of some sort, then I would suppose we are all American mongrels or we are not.
    Agree 100%

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    ... why would anyone ask such a ridiculous question.
    However, the question is not riduculous until someone assocites the word with some negative meaning.

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •