View Poll Results: Who would you most likely support?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Paul

    23 40.35%
  • Sarah Palin

    2 3.51%
  • Newt Gingrich

    6 10.53%
  • Mitt Romney

    6 10.53%
  • Gary Johnson

    1 1.75%
  • Bobby Jindal

    2 3.51%
  • Mike Huckabee

    2 3.51%
  • Jeb Bush

    2 3.51%
  • Paul Ryan

    2 3.51%
  • Other conservative or libertarian candidate

    11 19.30%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 72

Thread: 2012 Poll for those who do not want to vote for Obama [again]....

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: 2012 Poll for those who do not want to vote for Obama [again]....

    Ron Paul is 76 years old; he'll be nearly 80 by election time.
    I can't imagine him handling the travails of the campaign trail.

  2. #32
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: 2012 Poll for those who do not want to vote for Obama [again]....

    I like the Newt. Frankly, president Clinton could not have been as successful without him. The boy's got lotsa baggage, though. So I'm keeping an eye on Gov Chris Christie.

    If Obama were ousted by a Dem, I would love to see Hillary run. I would consider voting for her depending on the Repub she runs against. And no, it's not a woman thing. I think she's got some serious balls, and the country needs that ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  3. #33
    Advisor Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    06-24-11 @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    571

    Re: 2012 Poll for those who do not want to vote for Obama [again]....

    Ron Paul gets my vote. It's not even a question.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: 2012 Poll for those who do not want to vote for Obama [again]....

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    I like the Newt. Frankly, president Clinton could not have been as successful without him. The boy's got lotsa baggage, though. So I'm keeping an eye on Gov Chris Christie.

    If Obama were ousted by a Dem, I would love to see Hillary run. I would consider voting for her depending on the Repub she runs against. And no, it's not a woman thing. I think she's got some serious balls, and the country needs that ASAP.
    I like Hillary, too.
    I think she'd be a good president.
    I got in an argument with my dad during 2008 because he said, "If she doesn't get the nomination this time, she won't run again. It's her only chance."
    I asked why, and he said, "She'll be too old in 2012."
    I was like, "She's not that old, she's only like sixty."
    And he said, "For a woman, that's too old. Nobody would vote for her."

    I hope that's not true. I mean, what, do you have to look like Sarah Palin to run for president?
    Everybody's always said Hillary was ugly anyway, so why should they care if she's now old as well as ugly?

    I think she'd be a good president.
    But I like Obama pretty well, too.
    Either one is fine with me.
    Last edited by 1069; 08-08-10 at 12:34 PM.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: 2012 Poll for those who do not want to vote for Obama [again]....

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Ron Paul is 76 years old; he'll be nearly 80 by election time.
    I can't imagine him handling the travails of the campaign trail.
    That's what they said about Ralph Nader. He managed, though.

    If Ron Paul doesn't run, then Gary Johnson will in his place. I highly doubt that they'll both run, when they fill the same niche; either one or the other will.

  6. #36
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: 2012 Poll for those who do not want to vote for Obama [again]....

    Lol Ralph Nader. He needs his own sitcom.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: 2012 Poll for those who do not want to vote for Obama [again]....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    That's what they said about Ralph Nader. He managed, though.

    If Ron Paul doesn't run, then Gary Johnson will in his place. I highly doubt that they'll both run, when they fill the same niche; either one or the other will.
    If Ron Paul won, he'd be 83 at the end of his first term, nearly 90 by the end of his second.
    Ain't gonna happen.

  8. #38
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: 2012 Poll for those who do not want to vote for Obama [again]....

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleAgent View Post
    He's too weird? Why? Because his arguments actually use logic rather than politics?
    Oh, please. His arguments are just as political as anyone else. Stop sounding like a true believer.
    Again: Or a logic that refuses to look at the logic of politics....or a logic that perhaps is unlikely to succeed....or a logic that will probably alienate a majority of his party and a vast majority of those with liberal sentiment.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #39
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: 2012 Poll for those who do not want to vote for Obama [again]....

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleAgent View Post
    To your first point, just how are his views extremist? It seems to me that politicians who want to invade third-world countries willy-nilly without a declaration of war are extremist. It seems to me that politicians who want the Federal Reserve, a private institution, to govern the value of our currency, are extremist. It seems to me that politicians who support a failing and pointless "War on Drugs" that have cost the taxpayers millions of dollars are extremist. And it seems to me that politicians that don't recognize the danger of "blowback" in the interferece in foreign affairs are extremist.

    To your second point, where do you get your information as to what a majority of Americans and Republicans believe in? So few people vote in elections and polls, it really is hard to tell, and I don't pretend to know where we are now.

    However, we can look at history. Historically, Republicans like Robert Taft and Barry Goldwater opposed many of the things that today's Republican Party stands for, including interventionism. The election of the far-right Ronald Reagan really pushed the Republican Party into a new era, governed by "Neo-Conservatives." In truth, people like Goldwater, Taft, and Paul were once considered to be quite in the Center of the political specturm. Once the Neo-Conservatives came into power, however, they were painted as "weirdos" and "extremists."

    Final point: You hear an animal quacking. Logic says that it is a duck.

    You see far-left extremists in Iran overthrow a dictator that we help to install, in favor of a dictator that they install. This dictator tries to turn his people against the country that installed the first dictator. Other countries whose affairs we have interfered with also come to hate this country. Logic says that our interference in these countries caused this hatred. This is what Ron Paul says. According to televised debates from the 2008 elections, pretty much every other candidate thought that this idea was nonsense. Giuliani even wanted an apology. You might not see it as that way, but then again, you might not think that the animal is a duck.
    The Welfare state, a la The New Deal is the political reality for better or for worse. Acceptance of this basic fact is what made contemporary conservatism successful, and why so many of your ilk complain about neoconservatives in the first place. An appeal to history is only as successful as those who are willing to return to such an era, even in any modest direction. This is why true believers are only good on paper and in oratory, while reality hits them in the face with the force of God once they receive power, because the masses want some, but not many, or want little if any of the concrete changes one imposes. Then, one has to come to the immense reality that is not only want one needs to be concerned with, but actual effects. The appeal to history is tempting to make, though any student of history should realize that there are indeed severe limitations to the concrete applicability of said historical lessons.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 08-08-10 at 07:51 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #40
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: 2012 Poll for those who do not want to vote for Obama [again]....

    Except for Gary Johnson (don't know him) all are good in my opinion. I chose other because I am hoping someone even better will step up to the plate. Possibly someone like Herman Cain. Also, I keep seeing what seems like great conservatives recently and think to myself "hey, he might be presidential material. For instance I was impressed by VA attorney general Ken Cuccinelli the other day.
    Anyway, I am hoping for new faces rather than the same ol' same ol'.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •