View Poll Results: Would it make you happy if Fox News was off the air?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 36.73%
  • No

    31 63.27%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83

Thread: ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanently?

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanent

    Well, the question implicitly refers to the government shutting it down. Fox News represents the mainstream America, so it wouldn't be shut down because nobody listens to it.

    The poll has a measure of force built into the response. How else would the most watched news outlet suddenly disappear from the air?

  2. #22
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanent

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Well, the question implicitly refers to the government shutting it down. Fox News represents the mainstream America, so it wouldn't be shut down because nobody listens to it.

    The poll has a measure of force built into the response. How else would the most watched news outlet suddenly disappear from the air?
    There could be an ecological disaster that takes out much of their infrastructure. There could be an accounting scandal that dries up the money. They could be purchased and receive a directive to go a different route in their reporting. Lots of things could happen.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanent

    Ok, one of three scenarios. Either you're trying to be a humorous devil's advocate, you're tinfoil-hat crazy, or a large meteor is coming to destroy the planet as we know it.

    The government taking over is actually the best shot of these four. Hell, Chavez did it in Venezuela, as did Ahmadinejad in Iran.

    This is not a neutral question. This is just a question to see which liberals want to suppress an opposing voice so much that they would welcome a bloated bureaucracy to do it. The rest is just spinning bullcrap.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanent

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Ok, one of three scenarios. Either you're trying to be a humorous devil's advocate, you're tinfoil-hat crazy, or a large meteor is coming to destroy the planet as we know it.

    The government taking over is actually the best shot of these four. Hell, Chavez did it in Venezuela, as did Ahmadinejad in Iran.

    This is not a neutral question. This is just a question to see which liberals want to suppress an opposing voice so much that they would welcome a bloated bureaucracy to do it. The rest is just spinning bullcrap.
    You are ignoring the fact that the question has nothing to do with the means that it happens. For all the question cares, there are no means, and it just stops existing. It's called a hypothetical.

  5. #25
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanent

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    You are ignoring the fact that the question has nothing to do with the means that it happens. For all the question cares, there are no means, and it just stops existing. It's called a hypothetical.
    Dav is correct.


  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanent

    Fine, fair enough. I still say that people who would be happy have innate desires to suppress the vocalization of opposition.

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanent

    Since I never watch TV news, it really doesn't matter, however, if I did I do have the ability to change the channel. Therefore, no, don't shut it down.

    I also find it interesting that some conservatives have decided to ignore the thread title.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #28
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanent

    I still say that people who would be happy have innate desires to suppress the vocalization of opposition.
    I think that people who make unsupported overgeneralized comments with nothing to back them up have innate desires to bang marmots in wigs.

  9. #29
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanent

    I voted no, Seriously I don't really care about the media but I do think Fox news does a good job dumbing down it's audience.
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  10. #30
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanent

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I also find it interesting that some conservatives have decided to ignore the thread title.
    By that, do you mean that some conservatives voted on the thread? Maybe even voted yes so that they could bash liberals on our desires to censor all opposition?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •