View Poll Results: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment removing the estate tax have failed?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 36.67%
  • No

    19 63.33%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 88

Thread: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

  1. #51
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more ASSumptions on your part

    stop lying
    So IRC §1014(a) is an assumption?

    (a) In general
    Except as otherwise provided in this section, the basis of property in the hands of a person acquiring the property from a decedent or to whom the property passed from a decedent shall, if not sold, exchanged, or otherwise disposed of before the decedent’s death by such person, be—
    (1) the fair market value of the property at the date of the decedent’s death,
    United States Code: Title 26,1014. Basis of property acquired from a decedent | LII / Legal Information Institute

    FAIL.

    Turtledude, wrong as usual.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #52
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    the ASSUmption was directed to what you do concerning what I know

    and you constantly make claims about me you cannot back up

    so you are the wrong one

    and tell me why are you humping my leg all over this board

    are you mad that your parents weren't industrious?

    are you mad that someone else is better off than you are?

    lets face it-those who push for the death confiscation tax do so out of envy



  3. #53
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the ASSUmption was directed to what you do concerning what I know
    How convenient. I point out how you should not be taken seriously on the estate tax due to your demonstrated ignorance of it, to which you insult me and call my arguments about stepped up basis "ASSumptions" to which I prove myself completely true...and you change your argument entirely.

    and you constantly make claims about me you cannot back up
    Such as? I pointed out in post #32 you are entirely wrong about how the estate tax functions.

    Post #43, which entirely is about your understanding of the estate tax as demonstrated in your posts was called "an opinion" by you in post #44.

    Part of that post was about stepped up basis. Therefore, you have called the stepped up basis of inheritance assets "an opinion." The IRC code I posted shows it is indeed a fact. You are wrong.

    so you are the wrong one
    I'm not the one who called stepped up basis "an ASSumption." You did.

    and tell me why are you humping my leg all over this board

    are you mad that your parents weren't industrious?

    are you mad that someone else is better off than you are?
    And you are about to be in violation of the basement rule. Stick to the subject here. You called my argument, which was partially about the stepped up basis "an opinion." You are wrong about this entirely.

    lets face it-those who push for the death confiscation tax do so out of envy
    And once again, you can't admit you are wrong or admit you don't understand the subject.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    02-10-12 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    845

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot
    Sounds like you have class envy. It's their property and the government wasn't there when the person earned it. In fact, the government made it difficult for that person to earn it to begin with. Are you implying that the ultra-wealthy don't have a right to have their views represented?
    And the government wasn’t there when they earned it??!? What the **** do you call the roads that let them and their customers drive to work, the government subsidies that prevent violent price fluctuations, the foreign policies that keep trade routes open and maintain conditions that favor the US, the public education that lets their customers read their ads, the police that keep people from breaking into their business, the tax breaks that ease the pains of starting a business, the financial regulation that prevents banks from ganking them, and the zoning regulations that prevents a coal factory from opening up next door?

    The government was there every step of the way and the people that are wealthier stand to loose more money than anybody else if the government stopped spending tax dollars on that ****.

  5. #55
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    How convenient. I point out how you should not be taken seriously on the estate tax due to your demonstrated ignorance of it, to which you insult me and call my arguments about stepped up basis "ASSumptions" to which I prove myself completely true...and you change your argument entirely.



    Such as? I pointed out in post #32 you are entirely wrong about how the estate tax functions.

    Post #43, which entirely is about your understanding of the estate tax as demonstrated in your posts was called "an opinion" by you in post #44.

    Part of that post was about stepped up basis. Therefore, you have called the stepped up basis of inheritance assets "an opinion." The IRC code I posted shows it is indeed a fact. You are wrong.



    I'm not the one who called stepped up basis "an ASSumption." You did.



    And you are about to be in violation of the basement rule. Stick to the subject here. You called my argument, which was partially about the stepped up basis "an opinion." You are wrong about this entirely.



    And once again, you can't admit you are wrong or admit you don't understand the subject.
    What is wrong is people like you demanding that the government take more and more wealth of its citizens to grow the government more and more.

    And you again mischaracterize my point

    and btw I said all over the board, nothing more nothing less and I was referencing this sesction and well as two others that are in the General Politics Section
    Last edited by TurtleDude; 07-31-10 at 09:53 AM.



  6. #56
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #57
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    The estate tax primarily affects the ultra wealthy - they can afford it.
    This character is a conservative, and we know who they serve.
    Who has the constitutional right to determine who is wealthy and who is not, not to mention what constitutional right do we have to double tax a individual becasue we assume they are wealthy. Estate tax doesn't only affect the wealthy, it affects everyone and IMO it is unconstitutional.

  8. #58
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    What is wrong is people like you demanding that the government take more and more wealth of its citizens to grow the government more and more.
    Once again you prove you are incapable of addressing what you quote.

    And you again mischaracterize my point
    PROVE IT.

    Look, I posted the link to the post which you called wrong. That post was about step up basis. You then kept arguing my position on step up was "an opinion" and "an ASSumption." I then cited the actual tax code proving as usual, I'm correct. You now then are lying about what you said. Pity you can't go back and change your posts. Anyone can read how you called my argument based on the tax code "an opinion" and "an ASSumption."

    How about you man up and admit you are wrong for once?

    and btw I said all over the board, nothing more nothing less and I was referencing this sesction and well as two others that are in the General Politics Section
    Sure you were. Nice way to avoid admitting you are 100% wrong here.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #59
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Once again you prove you are incapable of addressing what you quote.



    PROVE IT.

    Look, I posted the link to the post which you called wrong. That post was about step up basis. You then kept arguing my position on step up was "an opinion" and "an ASSumption." I then cited the actual tax code proving as usual, I'm correct. You now then are lying about what you said. Pity you can't go back and change your posts. Anyone can read how you called my argument based on the tax code "an opinion" and "an ASSumption."

    How about you man up and admit you are wrong for once?



    Sure you were. Nice way to avoid admitting you are 100% wrong here.
    Yawn-YOu want the government to take more wealth, I want the government to be placed on the mother of all diets. And everyone knows what you have done.



  10. #60
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    So, anyone care to explain what TurtleDude and obvious Child are discussing?

    I can't seem to figure it out.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •