View Poll Results: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment removing the estate tax have failed?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 36.67%
  • No

    19 63.33%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 88

Thread: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

  1. #41
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    better yet lets get rid of this abomination--if its so great why apply it only to a small voting block? Because it is designed to further the power of those who pander to people who think like you. It is not designed as an efficient an fair revenue producer but a tool that political pimps use to get power
    So you not only are incapable of admitting you are wrong, but you are also incapable of admitting you know nothing about the topic.

    What makes you think anyone should take what you say at any value when you don't even understand what the estate tax is and how it functions?

    Tell me why the untaxed gains on inheritance shouldn't be taxed like all other gains.

    Or just ramble on about meaningless partisan vomit that is in no way relevant to anything I said.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #42
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    So you not only are incapable of admitting you are wrong, but you are also incapable of admitting you know nothing about the topic.

    What makes you think anyone should take what you say at any value when you don't even understand what the estate tax is and how it functions?

    Tell me why the untaxed gains on inheritance shouldn't be taxed like all other gains.

    Or just ramble on about meaningless partisan vomit that is in no way relevant to anything I said.
    you are being clueless

    I am not wrong-just because you don't like my opinion on what ought to be is not being wrong.

    There should be no tax on capital gains
    there should be no tax on income
    there should be no tax on estates

    the taxes should be on sales or use taxes

    when you figure out the difference between speaking of what is and what should be get back to me



  3. #43
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are being clueless
    Says the guy who demonstrated he does not understand the basis of how estate items are taxed. I'm clueless...but you don't understand how the estate tax operates. Really.

    I am not wrong-just because you don't like my opinion on what ought to be is not being wrong.
    No, you are wrong on how the system operates.

    Post #32
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058884727

    Shows you don't understand how the basis of items are valued which is absolutely vital to determining taxes on estates.

    I'm not talking about how it outta be. I'm talking about your demonstration of ignorance on the topic as to how it actually works. Or are you again lacking reading comprehension to understand the subject as usual?

    when you figure out the difference between speaking of what is and what should be get back to me
    Wow. Total Epic Fail there.

    I pointed out you are 100% wrong on how the estate tax actually works and you come back saying my statement is wrong because of something different.

    Furthermore, your little example there about the double taxation of estate is false. Current code does not tax the inherited estate twice if the beneficiary dies within a certain period of time, I believe currently ten years.

    I see you utterly failed to show why untaxed gains on estates should escape taxation.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #44
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Says the guy who demonstrated he does not understand the basis of how estate items are taxed. I'm clueless...but you don't understand how the estate tax operates. Really.



    No, you are wrong on how the system operates.

    Post #32
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058884727

    Shows you don't understand how the basis of items are valued which is absolutely vital to determining taxes on estates.

    I'm not talking about how it outta be. I'm talking about your demonstration of ignorance on the topic as to how it actually works. Or are you again lacking reading comprehension to understand the subject as usual?



    Wow. Total Epic Fail there.

    I pointed out you are 100% wrong on how the estate tax actually works and you come back saying my statement is wrong because of something different.

    Furthermore, your little example there about the double taxation of estate is false. Current code does not tax the inherited estate twice if the beneficiary dies within a certain period of time, I believe currently ten years.

    I see you utterly failed to show why untaxed gains on estates should escape taxation.
    LOL your opinions again

    I oppose all taxes on income, wealth etc

    so how do I fail-because you disagree with me or you are mad you are not as industrious and prosperous as others?

    seems to me that where the FAIL is is not with me but with you

    I am not the one envious and screaming that others need to be taxed more



  5. #45
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL your opinions again
    How is my statement that estate items receive a stepped up basis to FMV an "opinion?"

    Oh it's not. And you're wrong. As usual.

    I oppose all taxes on income, wealth etc
    Well, we know why.

    so how do I fail-because you disagree with me or you are mad you are not as industrious and prosperous as others?
    Still can't read eh. You fail because you totally screwed up how the estate tax values items. Seriously, did you even read my post?

    seems to me that where the FAIL is is not with me but with you
    See post #32 for your failure.

    I am not the one envious and screaming that others need to be taxed more
    Again see post #32 for your failure.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #46
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    How is my statement that estate items receive a stepped up basis to FMV an "opinion?"

    Oh it's not. And you're wrong. As usual.



    Well, we know why.



    Still can't read eh. You fail because you totally screwed up how the estate tax values items. Seriously, did you even read my post?



    See post #32 for your failure.



    Again see post #32 for your failure.
    again you confuse opinion with what you think is fact

    and again if you weren't a failure you'd not be whining about wanting others to pay more taxes



  7. #47
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    again you confuse opinion with what you think is fact
    O'rly?

    So you are saying that assets in an estate do not receive a stepped up basis to FMV?

    OR IGNORE THIS AND RUN AWAY FROM IT LIKE IT'S THE PLAGUE

    Let's play a game: How wrong is TurtleDude in understanding the estate tax?

    and again if you weren't a failure you'd not be whining about wanting others to pay more taxes
    And again, if you weren't such a failure at reading, you'd actually respond to what people said.

    Post #32 shows you are, as usual wrong.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #48
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    O'rly?

    So you are saying that assets in an estate do not receive a stepped up basis to FMV?

    OR IGNORE THIS AND RUN AWAY FROM IT LIKE IT'S THE PLAGUE

    Let's play a game: How wrong is TurtleDude in understanding the estate tax?



    And again, if you weren't such a failure at reading, you'd actually respond to what people said.

    Post #32 shows you are, as usual wrong.
    damn I need some more boots.


    You sure are angry



  9. #49
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    damn I need some more boots.


    You sure are angry
    Well, thanks for proving my various points.

    You don't understand the estate tax.
    You don't understand the basis of assets in the estate tax.
    You can't read properly.

    And yes, assets in an estate receive a stepped up basis to FMV. You are wrong on this. 100%.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #50
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Should Jim DeMints proposed amendment, removing the estate tax have failed?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Well, thanks for proving my various points.

    You don't understand the estate tax.
    You don't understand the basis of assets in the estate tax.
    You can't read properly.

    And yes, assets in an estate receive a stepped up basis to FMV. You are wrong on this. 100%.
    more ASSumptions on your part

    stop lying



Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •