View Poll Results: Gay people are born/hardwired to be gay

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I watched the videos, and I agree

    7 18.92%
  • I didn't watch the videos, and I agree

    15 40.54%
  • I watched the videos, and I disagree

    2 5.41%
  • I didn't watch the videos, and I disagree

    1 2.70%
  • I still don't know

    1 2.70%
  • Don't know, and further don't care

    7 18.92%
  • Other (there's always one ....)

    4 10.81%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 117

Thread: Gay people are hardwired

  1. #81
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Also, I just read that whole article. I found nothing that indicates "sexual" behavior that resembles anything at all like adult sexuality, which was my original thoughts (remember my comparison to a young girls breasts?)


    According to the article you posted. I was correct when i said childhood masturbation and sexual play are not normal.
    That's not what these children's medical sites and research say.

    Childrens Medical Office - *of North Andover, P.C.
    Child Sexual Behaviors: What Is Considered "Normal" Sexual Development and Behavior? | Articles
    Masturbation: Your Child: University of Michigan Health System
    Masturbation in Young Children | DrGreene.com
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #82
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Simply touching your 'peepee' is not what I consider to be masturbation. My claim that young children do not masturbate still stands. Maybe I need to specify "masturbate until orgasm"?
    Is that what you want.


    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    No one claimed that children are having sex like adults are.
    Children masturbate; children engage in secretive sex play with other children.
    The quote above puts that to rest.

    I'm not sure why you felt the need to assert that children had sexuality at a young age while quoting me. I simply said that a 1st grader giving another child an "I <3 you" note didn't really count and that I never felt attracted to anyone until puberty...

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    This might help. I was uncomfortable Googling "children masturbate" but how else to get a response?

    Masturbation in Young Children | DrGreene.com

  4. #84
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    This might help. I was uncomfortable Googling "children masturbate" but how else to get a response?

    Masturbation in Young Children | DrGreene.com
    I read through enough of the links above. I'm sure that one is a regurgatation of the rest. Thank you for the help.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    The quote above puts that to rest.

    I'm not sure why you felt the need to assert that children had sexuality at a young age while quoting me. I simply said that a 1st grader giving another child an "I <3 you" note didn't really count and that I never felt attracted to anyone until puberty...
    I'm not sure why you continue to willfully obfuscate points that are simple and clear. It probably has something to do with the fact that you have a hard time accepting child sexuality. That is not really my problem. You can cling to intentional obtuseness all you like and continue to refute clear evidence, but it doesn't make you correct, just willfully ignorant. You are assuming that the child versions of sexuality we are talking about are explicitly referring to similar adult acts. For the last god damn time, they are not the same thing.

    You can lead a horse to water...

  6. #86
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Simply touching your 'peepee' is not what I consider to be masturbation. My claim that young children do not masturbate still stands. Maybe I need to specify "masturbate until orgasm"?
    Is that what you want.
    How do you know that toddlers wouldn't masturbate until orgasm, if allowed to physically do so? In fact, that first article said that it is possible that a toddler or slightly older child, can discover orgasm on their own, by accident. Most of the time, we use distraction to discourage masturbation, since it is not acceptable in our society to masturbate in public.

    It also says that many children discover orgasm on their own around upper elementary school. Puberty usually hits around junior high/middle school years, possibly later for boys. That means that, at least some prepuberty children do masturbate to orgasm.

    It also states that most children won't realize that they aren't the only ones who find masturbation or other sexual stimulations pleasurable. Clues to sexual abuse are more on the lines of if this realization has dawned on them and/or if there are behavior changes or indications that they feel that it is acceptable to have sexual experiences with someone else.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #87
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It also says that many children discover orgasm on their own around upper elementary school. Puberty usually hits around junior high/middle school years, possibly later for boys. That means that, at least some prepuberty children do masturbate to orgasm.

    It also states that most children won't realize that they aren't the only ones who find masturbation or other sexual stimulations pleasurable. Clues to sexual abuse are more on the lines of if this realization has dawned on them and/or if there are behavior changes or indications that they feel that it is acceptable to have sexual experiences with someone else.
    I don't think it's possible to orgasm before puberty. I don't care to look it up however. Am I wrong? And I don't believe I ever said I knew they wouldn't if they were physically able. I personally don't believe they would, however.

    I personally never had such experiences. Sure I touched my penis as much as the next boy when I was younger. I received no pleasure from it, it was more of an absent minded thing.
    Last edited by Rightwingnutjob; 07-24-10 at 11:40 PM.

  8. #88
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    You are assuming that the child versions of sexuality we are talking about are explicitly referring to similar adult acts. For the last god damn time, they are not the same thing.

    You can lead a horse to water...
    What I'm saying and what I have said is children do NOT have sexuality like adults. I understand what you are saying and for the most part I think I agree. Things I don't agree on are children don't masturbate 'til orgasm until puberty. I never said that children had NO sexuality (I don't think I did, but I'm not going back to look) simply that it was NOTHING like the adult version of sexuality.

    You can lead a horse to water...
    True enough.

  9. #89
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    I don't think it's possible to orgasm before puberty. I don't care to look it up however. Am I wrong? And I don't believe I ever said I knew they wouldn't if they were physically able. I personally don't believe they would, however.

    I personally never had such experiences. Sure I touched my penis as much as the next boy when I was younger. I received no pleasure from it, it was more of an absent minded thing.
    According to those articles I posted, it is possible. And according to those doctors and researchers, it is pleasurable, for most children, when they touch themselves.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    What I'm saying and what I have said is children do NOT have sexuality like adults. I understand what you are saying and for the most part I think I agree. Things I don't agree on are children don't masturbate 'til orgasm until puberty. I never said that children had NO sexuality (I don't think I did, but I'm not going back to look) simply that it was NOTHING like the adult version of sexuality.
    Definition of masturbation: manual stimulation of the genital organs (of yourself or another) for sexual pleasure.

    Orgasm is not a pre-requisite for masturbation. Children gratify themselves and explore their own bodies as well as the bodies of one another. Just because they lack the physical apparatus and adult level of understanding does not mean they lack a base sense of sexuality. They simply don't have the terms with which to identify it, or the intense drives that will be developed later on.

    I think you are too busy being outraged at the idea that children masturbate to really listen to reason. The point of this discussion is not to sexually objectify children because our society has determined that's wrong; we are simply talking about psychology and the nature of child behavior. Sexuality is definitely part of that, even if rudimentary.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •