View Poll Results: Gay people are born/hardwired to be gay

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I watched the videos, and I agree

    7 18.92%
  • I didn't watch the videos, and I agree

    15 40.54%
  • I watched the videos, and I disagree

    2 5.41%
  • I didn't watch the videos, and I disagree

    1 2.70%
  • I still don't know

    1 2.70%
  • Don't know, and further don't care

    7 18.92%
  • Other (there's always one ....)

    4 10.81%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 117

Thread: Gay people are hardwired

  1. #71
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Are there hate crimes based on eye color? Do people feel free to hate and beat down and deprive people of their rights because their eyes are green?
    As far as I'm concerned, the thought that one needs to "prove" that homosexuality is genetic only plays into the hands of the haters, because it implies that this argument is actually necessary to "prove" that it it isn't wrong, somehow. The real issue shouldn't be whether or not homosexuality is innate, but whether or not there is any valid reason against it, which, of course, there isn't from any sort of true moral perspective that evaluates human behavior based upon potential harmfulness to one another.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, the thought that one needs to "prove" that homosexuality is genetic only plays into the hands of the haters, because it implies that this argument is actually necessary to "prove" that it it isn't wrong, somehow. The real issue shouldn't be whether or not homosexuality is innate, but whether or not there is any valid reason against it, which, of course, there isn't from any sort of true moral perspective that evaluates human behavior based upon potential harmfulness to one another.
    True; it's not like religiosity isn't a "choice", yet we prohibit discriminating against people on the basis of their religion.
    I'm not saying sexual orientation is a "choice"; clearly it's not. Nobody's is.
    I'm just pointing out that even if it were, there is precedent for protecting people from being discriminated against for the choices they make... such as which religious denomination they choose to belong to.

  3. #73
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Now you are bringing up labels that people use to self-identity. I wasn't talking about that at all. All I'm saying is that children demonstrate undeveloped sexual behaviors, including attraction, at an early age. It's innocent and they don't think anything of it, but it definitely happens.
    You clearly define sexual different than I do.

    That's partly true, but there is also innate behavior at work.
    Innate behavior that isn't sexual.

    I've already said that childhood sexuality is nothing like adulthood sexuality because it is highly undeveloped, but it exists nonetheless. Saying that children have no sexuality is wrong.
    I guess it depends on what you consider sexuality.

    This has nothing to do with what we're talking about.
    It's just a comparison that came to mind. I'm comparing a females chest to sexuality. You can choose to see the comparison or not to see it. Whether you agree or not is another story.
    We're not. You just don't seem to want to accept what I'm saying.
    We are. I could say the same about you. We clearly don't agree on what sexuality is.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    You clearly define sexual different than I do.



    Innate behavior that isn't sexual.



    I guess it depends on what you consider sexuality.



    It's just a comparison that came to mind. I'm comparing a females chest to sexuality. You can choose to see the comparison or not to see it. Whether you agree or not is another story.

    We are. I could say the same about you. We clearly don't agree on what sexuality is.
    Humans are sexual beings from birth onward.
    This is not, to my knowledge, refuted in medical, psychiatric, or academic circles.
    Sexuality is an innate component of the human makeup.
    Children masturbate; children engage in secretive sex play with other children.
    These behaviors are normal for children, despite the fact that adults discourage them, or at least don't actively condone them.

  5. #75
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Children masturbate; children engage in secretive sex play with other children.
    These behaviors are normal for children, despite the fact that adults discourage them, or at least don't actively condone them.
    WHAT?! This is NOT normal. Sure once children hit puberty I'm sure masturbation occurrs. Same with sex play. Unless a child has been abused in some way these are NOT usual behaviors. Are you just yanking my chain (pardon the pun)?

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    You clearly define sexual different than I do.



    Innate behavior that isn't sexual.



    I guess it depends on what you consider sexuality.



    It's just a comparison that came to mind. I'm comparing a females chest to sexuality. You can choose to see the comparison or not to see it. Whether you agree or not is another story.

    We are. I could say the same about you. We clearly don't agree on what sexuality is.
    Oh lord, will you just let it go already?

    It's not what "I think" sexuality is, it is what it is. Do some research and enlighten yourself. These aren't recently established facts. Childhood sexuality has been a topic of academic discussion for a long time now.

    You may want to start with this very easy-to-google link:
    Child sexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    WHAT?! This is NOT normal. Sure once children hit puberty I'm sure masturbation occurrs. Same with sex play. Unless a child has been abused in some way these are NOT usual behaviors. Are you just yanking my chain (pardon the pun)?
    You are just ignorant and that is not your fault, but if you don't research and increase your knowledge, that is your fault.

  8. #78
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Oh lord, will you just let it go already?

    It's not what "I think" sexuality is, it is what it is. Do some research and enlighten yourself. These aren't recently established facts. Childhood sexuality has been a topic of academic discussion for a long time now.

    You may want to start with this very easy-to-google link:
    Child sexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    From Wikipedia:
    This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.

    * It needs additional references or sources for verification. Tagged since December 2008.
    * It is in need of attention from an expert on the subject. WikiProject Psychology or the Psychology Portal may be able to help recruit one. Tagged since March 2009.
    * It may need copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone or spelling. Tagged since December 2008.

  9. #79
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    From Wikipedia:
    Also, I just read that whole article. I found nothing that indicates "sexual" behavior that resembles anything at all like adult sexuality, which was my original thoughts (remember my comparison to a young girls breasts?)
    You are just ignorant and that is not your fault, but if you don't research and increase your knowledge, that is your fault.
    According to the article you posted. I was correct when i said childhood masturbation and sexual play are not normal.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    I found nothing that indicates "sexual" behavior that resembles anything at all like adult sexuality, which was my original thoughts (remember my comparison to a young girls breasts?)
    Can you please get it through your head already?

    Childhood sexuality is not like adult sexuality. I have said this TWO TIMES already.

    Your original thought was in your mind and your mind only. No one claimed that children are having sex like adults are.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •