View Poll Results: Gay people are born/hardwired to be gay

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I watched the videos, and I agree

    7 18.92%
  • I didn't watch the videos, and I agree

    15 40.54%
  • I watched the videos, and I disagree

    2 5.41%
  • I didn't watch the videos, and I disagree

    1 2.70%
  • I still don't know

    1 2.70%
  • Don't know, and further don't care

    7 18.92%
  • Other (there's always one ....)

    4 10.81%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 117

Thread: Gay people are hardwired

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Voted Don't Know, Don't Care for 2 reasons:
    1. Hardwired doesn't seem to me to be any kind of scientific term. You have to use a more precise definition of what that means before one can engage in debating it.
    2. I'm not interested in why someone's sexual orientation is as it is, it just is. What causes heterosexuality? Dunno. It's only relevant to focus on the products of human evolution if you have an agenda for wanting to acquire that knowledge. For example, why aren't we interested in discovering why certain people have blue eyes and others green? Why doesn't anyone have orange eyes? Again, don't know, don't care.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  2. #62
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    1. I'm not interested in why someone's sexual orientation is as it is, it just is. What causes heterosexuality? Dunno. It's only relevant to focus on the products of human evolution if you have an agenda for wanting to acquire that knowledge. For example, why aren't we interested in discovering why certain people have blue eyes and others green? Why doesn't anyone have orange eyes? Again, don't know, don't care.
    Kind of moving this thread off topic, but these are questions we do have the answers to.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Are there hate crimes based on eye color? Do people feel free to hate and beat down and deprive people of their rights because their eyes are green?

  4. #64
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Are there hate crimes based on eye color? Do people feel free to hate and beat down and deprive people of their rights because their eyes are green?
    People will always find excuses for their hate crimes. Homosexuality just happens to be a current fave. Being Jewish and black used to be more popular things to hate about, before that being a witch or having mental illness. Discovering the reasons why people hate based on irrational prejudice seems like a more valid area for scientific investigation to me.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  5. #65
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    I like hetero sex. I think it's more prevalent because it's more erotic. You have a penis and a vagina that meet and the world is there's for a fleeting moment.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    I like hetero sex. I think it's more prevalent because it's more erotic. You have a penis and a vagina that meet and the world is there's for a fleeting moment.
    You've obviously never seen any Pedro Almodovar movies.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Or Captain Jack Harkness and Ianto making out on Torchwood.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You've obviously never seen any Pedro Almodovar movies.

  8. #68
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Or Captain Jack Harkness and Ianto making out on Torchwood.
    Or the tent scene from Brokeback Mountain.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  9. #69
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Or the tent scene from Brokeback Mountain.
    Just for you.

    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Okay. I never knew kid who said he or she was gay as an elementary schooler.
    Now you are bringing up labels that people use to self-identity. I wasn't talking about that at all. All I'm saying is that children demonstrate undeveloped sexual behaviors, including attraction, at an early age. It's innocent and they don't think anything of it, but it definitely happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    This is because they don't know. If anything they'll chase around the opposite sex because that is usually what they see.
    That's partly true, but there is also innate behavior at work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    The field of psychology can say whatever it wants, the fact is there is no sexuality the way there is at an older age still remains.
    I've already said that childhood sexuality is nothing like adulthood sexuality because it is highly undeveloped, but it exists nonetheless. Saying that children have no sexuality is wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    It's simillar to how and 8 year old girls chest may still be breasts because she is a girl, but they certainly aren't developed in anyway and they certainly don't lactate.
    This has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Why do I feel like we're arguing over semantics?
    We're not. You just don't seem to want to accept what I'm saying.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •