View Poll Results: Gay people are born/hardwired to be gay

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I watched the videos, and I agree

    7 18.92%
  • I didn't watch the videos, and I agree

    15 40.54%
  • I watched the videos, and I disagree

    2 5.41%
  • I didn't watch the videos, and I disagree

    1 2.70%
  • I still don't know

    1 2.70%
  • Don't know, and further don't care

    7 18.92%
  • Other (there's always one ....)

    4 10.81%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 117

Thread: Gay people are hardwired

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I would post my views on what "causes" homosexuality, but I fear being banned for expressing such an opinion.
    Ignorance is the cause for fear, or fear is the cause for ignorance???
    Maybe in Iran or N Korea a man would be banned for expressing his opinion, but in America???

  2. #32
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Don't take that as an insult, BDBoop. Wasn't meant to be. There's no "always" in anything in life.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #33
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I think it shouldn't matter, but far too many people think that not only is being gay a choice, it's at the least a bad choice and at the most a mortal sin for which they deserve to be judged and punished.
    Sadly, this is one of the reasons why the ideals of individual liberty and limited government have eroded.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I would post my views on what "causes" homosexuality, but I fear being banned for expressing such an opinion.
    If you present your views in a logical fashion then I'm sure people will hear what you have to say.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Can we please not turn this into a religious debate? I frankly don't care what the Bible says or what hard line religious people think because they have made themselves increasingly irrelevant to this issue. "I hate gays" or "gays are sinners" are not things I can really refute because they're opinions that have no rational basis other than what some old book says. There are dozens of other threads on DP you can go to in order to rehash those kinds of circular arguments.

    It would be nice to hear people's honest observations from their own lives.

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Can we please not turn this into a religious debate? I frankly don't care what the Bible says or what hard line religious people think because they have made themselves increasingly irrelevant to this issue. "I hate gays" or "gays are sinners" are not things I can really refute because they're opinions that have no rational basis other than what some old book says. There are dozens of other threads on DP you can go to in order to rehash those kinds of circular arguments.

    It would be nice to hear people's honest observations from their own lives.
    But when you take out the religious element, they don't have another argument. There is no logical reason to discriminate against LGBT people.

  7. #37
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    But when you take out the religious element, they don't have another argument. There is no logical reason to discriminate against LGBT people.
    Oh, you are beyond correct. In a country based on individual liberty and limited government, religion should not be included when talking about these type of issues. It’s like using religion to ban bacon across the 50 states.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  8. #38
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Welllllllllll...... LOL!!!

    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    He's too much fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Welllllllllll...... LOL!!!


  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    My personal favorite. That fan girl 'faint' at the end totally cracks me up.


Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •