View Poll Results: Gay people are born/hardwired to be gay

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I watched the videos, and I agree

    7 18.92%
  • I didn't watch the videos, and I agree

    15 40.54%
  • I watched the videos, and I disagree

    2 5.41%
  • I didn't watch the videos, and I disagree

    1 2.70%
  • I still don't know

    1 2.70%
  • Don't know, and further don't care

    7 18.92%
  • Other (there's always one ....)

    4 10.81%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 117

Thread: Gay people are hardwired

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Orion, that makes sense right across the board. Especially in America, where a rather large segment of the population uses labels to decide how they think. It's not even actually thinking, it's reacting. I think that's part of why Andrea Gibson (whom I love) uses the term Queer so regularly. It's just one of the labels that people react to in a certain way, but if they are listening to her they have to see that she is who she is, and 'queer' is just a part of it. She is brilliant, intelligent, funny, quick-witted, loving, open, honest - and that's just what I learned watching her videos and doing a bit of net research.
    Less commonly, I've heard the word "omni" used, for omnisexual. Meaning "one sexuality", which we all have, regardless of how we choose to use it.

  2. #22
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    So stroke another man's dick because I stroke my own?

    GEEZUS CAWT TEH GAI.
    no doubt this man is a product of the great state of Alabama.

    *ALSO*

    Everybody has had sexual thoughts about their same sex, go ahead and deny it but it has popped into everyone's mind at least once. So it isn't far fetched at all to think people can be born Gay considering heterosexual people have gay thoughts from time to time.
    Last edited by BCR; 07-23-10 at 06:05 PM.

  3. #23
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,342
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    The problem with absolute statements is that people are not absolute. People are gay for any number of reasons, and possibly genetics. Since being gay is something self-identified, it makes it incredibly hard to draw many conclusions from research on the topic.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Did you watch the videos?

  5. #25
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    In a free society it matters not if being ‘gay’ is a choice or natural. Just like what two consenting heterosexual adults do sexually is none of my business, the same goes for two consenting homosexual adults. I could go on and on but, it all comes down to individual liberty and their free choices to act consensually with another individual.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    I think it shouldn't matter, but far too many people think that not only is being gay a choice, it's at the least a bad choice and at the most a mortal sin for which they deserve to be judged and punished.

    Quote Originally Posted by peepnklown View Post
    In a free society it matters not if being ‘gay’ is a choice or natural. Just like what two consenting heterosexual adults do sexually is none of my business, the same goes for two consenting homosexual adults. I could go on and on but, it all comes down to individual liberty and their free choices to act consensually with another individual.

  7. #27
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,756

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    DWDC

    Don't watch don't care.

    You're fired.
    ditto to that



  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    I would post my views on what "causes" homosexuality, but I fear being banned for expressing such an opinion.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #29
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    but a handful verses in the bible say it's an abomination, surely we should use it as our reference as to how we treat gays!
    "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination." (Leviticus 18:22) and . . . "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)
    Notice both are from Leviticus.

    Shall we also believe this one from the same book?
    "For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him." (Leviticus 20:9)
    Every teenager I know, from me on, would've never made it past 19.

    How about this one?
    "For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him." (Leviticus 20:9)
    Or this one?
    "If a man lies with a woman during her sickness and uncovers her nakedness, he has discovered her flow, and she has uncovered the flow of her blood. Both of them shall be cut off from her people." (Leviticus 20:18)
    'Nuff said on that one.

    Gotta' be careful what we believe in the Bible, yes????
    -------------------------------

    I voted B in your poll, but I never like absolutes. It came the closest to my thoughts, though. I think some people become gay because they chose to experiment and kinda' liked it. I think some become gay because they find same-sex relationships "safer and easier." Others, because they have been molested as children and are just totally screwed up. I'm sure there are other reasons why someone "turns gay." And I'm sure some people do.
    Last edited by MaggieD; 07-23-10 at 10:30 PM.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Then I'd have to wonder why my sister is gay, I am not, and we were both molested.

    I'm not saying you're wrong or I disagree - and I do have to say I did take exception to "And are just totally screwed up".

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Notice both are from Leviticus.

    Shall we also believe this one from the same book? Every teenager I know, from me on, would've never made it past 19.

    How about this one?

    Or this one?

    'Nuff said on that one.

    Gotta' be careful what we believe in the Bible, yes????
    -------------------------------

    I voted B in your poll, but I never like absolutes. It came the closest to my thoughts, though. I think some people become gay because they chose to experiment and kinda' liked it. I think some become gay because they find same-sex relationships "safer and easier." Others, because they have been molested as children and are just totally screwed up. I'm sure there are other reasons why someone "turns gay." And I'm sure some people do.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •