View Poll Results: Gay people are born/hardwired to be gay

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I watched the videos, and I agree

    7 18.92%
  • I didn't watch the videos, and I agree

    15 40.54%
  • I watched the videos, and I disagree

    2 5.41%
  • I didn't watch the videos, and I disagree

    1 2.70%
  • I still don't know

    1 2.70%
  • Don't know, and further don't care

    7 18.92%
  • Other (there's always one ....)

    4 10.81%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 117

Thread: Gay people are hardwired

  1. #91
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    No gay gene has been found, and it has been looked for.

    No proof has been offered of any intrinsic physiological difference, present at birth, that distinguishes gay from straight consistently.

    Experts in the field are divided in their opinions on causes.

    We have Orion, who is homosexual, rightfully noting that that any attempt to say "all gay people are gay because of this one cause" is to ignore a massive amount of individual variation, and to ignore that individuals have the capacity to choose or change in at least some cases. I agree. Pointing to any one thing and saying "this is the source of the gayness" is probably ridiculous.
    But Orion also made that very UN PC comment about people who "look" gay. Keep that in mind.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #92
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    I'm pretty sure that doesn't count. That's more of a thing where children want to be 'grown-up'.
    I know that when I was in elementary school I liked both males&females and enjoyed holding hands with both sexes(sp?) very much
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  3. #93
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    I'm pretty sure children aren't sexually attracted to eachother. Evolutionary there would be no reason for it and I certainly didn't experience it as a child. Sure, I could tell which kids looked more like tree stump than an actual human being but I don't consider that sexuality. If by underdeveloped you mean not yet present or noticed or acted upon, sure I'll agree with you.
    So you never felt tingling feelings towards a parent as a small child? I sure did for my Dad. Not for my mother but I was pretty much in love with my Dad.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  4. #94
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    So you never felt tingling feelings towards a parent as a small child? I sure did for my Dad. Not for my mother but I was pretty much in love with my Dad.
    I'm not sure I would consider love for one's parent sexuality. I'm not saying it's not part of a developing sexuality albeit in a round-a-bout way, though. I've always cared for both my parents. I was truly blessed to have such great parents.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    WHAT?! This is NOT normal.
    Yes it is.

    Sure once children hit puberty I'm sure masturbation occurrs. Same with sex play.
    No. Toddlers. Preschoolers. Early elementary-schoolers. Then there's often a latency period for a few years, until puberty.

    Unless a child has been abused in some way these are NOT usual behaviors.
    Yes, they are usual behaviors. Symptoms of abuse are markedly different.

    Are you just yanking my chain (pardon the pun)?
    I'd never do that.
    I get that the concept freaks you out, but really, I'm not trying to.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    I don't think it's possible to orgasm before puberty. I don't care to look it up however. Am I wrong? And I don't believe I ever said I knew they wouldn't if they were physically able. I personally don't believe they would, however.

    I personally never had such experiences. Sure I touched my penis as much as the next boy when I was younger. I received no pleasure from it, it was more of an absent minded thing.
    I think it's possible for females to masturbate to orgasm- some sort of orgasm- at a very young age.
    Although I personally did not have an intentional orgasm until I was 20, I have many female friends who claim to have had their first orgasm at five or six.



    These are women I trust; if they say it's so, it's so. They've got no reason to lie about it.

    Although males do not of course produce sperm until puberty, I would not be surprised if they were capable of reaching some sort of non-ejaculatory climax before then.
    I mean, I don't know for sure; it just seems possible.

  7. #97
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post

    These are women I trust; if they say it's so, it's so. They've got no reason to lie about it.
    Unfortunately I don;t have the luxury of trusting people who've I've never met regarding people they know. I'm not saying it ain't so, just not sure, yo. (had a rhyme going there and didn't want to spoil it)

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Unfortunately I don;t have the luxury of trusting people who've I've never met regarding people they know. I'm not saying it ain't so, just not sure, yo. (had a rhyme going there and didn't want to spoil it)
    Well, you could always start a poll about it in the sex and sexuality section.
    In fact, I'm pretty sure there's already a thread like that, if not half a dozen of them.
    You could always use the search feature and look them up.

  9. #99
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Well, you could always start a poll about it in the sex and sexuality section.
    In fact, I'm pretty sure there's already a thread like that, if not half a dozen of them.
    You could always use the search feature and look them up.
    I'm not sure I would find that much more reliable. This is a political site where everyone has their own agenda on issues that most of them have at least somewhat informed opinions on. In addition to the fact that the people attracted to such as site are of a particular sub-sect of the world population, they're also a very small percentage of the world population.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Gay people are hardwired

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    So you never felt tingling feelings towards a parent as a small child? I sure did for my Dad. Not for my mother but I was pretty much in love with my Dad.
    Puke, no. Not every little girl has an Oedipus complex.
    I didn't have a mom.
    I wanted to be my dad, not to @#$! him.
    I don't think I realized until I was about five that me and him were not the same person.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •