View Poll Results: hould Sherrod HAve Been Forced to Resing?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    48 64.86%
  • No

    24 32.43%
  • Make Mine A Double

    2 2.70%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Should Sherrod Has Been Forced To Resign?

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Should Sherrod Has Been Forced To Resign?

    Obama was afraid the truth of how racist his administration is would be seen. This woman is much less racist then Obama is.

    Shows investigations no longer matter only how Obama's public image will be affected

  2. #12
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Should Sherrod Has Been Forced To Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jucon View Post
    At first, yes... but now that all the evidence has been provided, absolutely not! Who ever edited the video to make her our to be a racist is pathetic.

    Does anyone know if the person who tried ruining her career (the editors and/or distributors) can be charged with slander? If so, could they be brought to court even though her record has been straightened out?
    To prove slander or libel (a/k/a defamation), you need to prove:

    1. That the thing said was false. The defense here would be that it wasn't false, except for the fact that it's not the playing of the tape that is the falsehood here, it's the lying about what it represented and what the context was.

    2. That people believed it, even though it was false. Easy to prove. Some people still believe it even though it's been debunked. Of course, some people still believe that no one landed on the moon, too.

    3. That you were harmed in some way. This is usually shown by something significant like losing your job. Check again.

    So yeah, I think she has a good case.

  3. #13
    Educator Jucon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    787

    Re: Should Sherrod Has Been Forced To Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    To prove slander or libel (a/k/a defamation), you need to prove:

    1. That the thing said was false. The defense here would be that it wasn't false, except for the fact that it's not the playing of the tape that is the falsehood here, it's the lying about what it represented and what the context was.

    2. That people believed it, even though it was false. Easy to prove. Some people still believe it even though it's been debunked. Of course, some people still believe that no one landed on the moon, too.

    3. That you were harmed in some way. This is usually shown by something significant like losing your job. Check again.

    So yeah, I think she has a good case.
    Thanks! But how about now that her record has been straightened out and then if she got her job back? She might just want to move on with her life, but I'd hope that the person/people responsible for all this is/are at the very least identified.

  4. #14
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Sherrod Has Been Forced To Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Absolutely not. She was used as a sacrificial lamb for political purposes, and it's one of the most disgusting political moves I've witnessed in my life.
    obama blew it on this........i agree. and the irresponsible media did as well.

  5. #15
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Should Sherrod Has Been Forced To Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jucon View Post
    Thanks! But how about now that her record has been straightened out and then if she got her job back? She might just want to move on with her life, but I'd hope that the person/people responsible for all this is/are at the very least identified.
    She still went through terrible undeserved trauma, and was shoved into the spotlight against her will.

    It's her decision though; if she doesn't want to sue and just wants to put this all behind her, that's fine.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should Sherrod Has Been Forced To Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    please explain
    No, the video shown wasn't the complete story and even the family that she was talking about (the farmers) wants her to have her job back.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  7. #17
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Should Sherrod Has Been Forced To Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I'll say she should have been forced to resign and possibly have charges filed against her. She clearly denied someone full help because of their race.
    Oh dear oh dear, another one who pulls the trigger without looking at what they think their target should be.

  8. #18
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Should Sherrod Has Been Forced To Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Oh dear oh dear, another one who pulls the trigger without looking at what they think their target should be.
    Facts! Logic! A true partisan has no need of these things!

  9. #19
    Educator Jucon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    787

    Re: Should Sherrod Has Been Forced To Resign?

    Seriously, WTF?? These "guests" are ruining these polls.

  10. #20
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Should Sherrod Has Been Forced To Resign?

    Fox news at its finest.



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •