View Poll Results: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Explain)

    7 18.42%
  • No (Explain)

    25 65.79%
  • Other (Explain)

    6 15.79%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 111

Thread: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

  1. #81
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No. If you are claiming that you encourged discussion by telling me that you thought you my first answer was a good one, it would have happened in your response to my first answer... not here, many posts later. I've told you I'm not a mind reader. How did I know, THEN?
    Did you see me say I disagreed with your answer? Nope, so that should give an idea that I liked it.

  2. #82
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,758

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Did you see me say I disagreed with your answer? Nope, so that should give an idea that I liked it.
    You did not react to it at all. I'm not a mind reader.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #83
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You did not react to it at all. I'm not a mind reader.
    DAMN IT JIM, I'M A DOCTOR NOT A MAGICIAN!!

    "bones" in Star Trek



  4. #84
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,758

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    DAMN IT JIM, I'M A DOCTOR NOT A MAGICIAN!!

    "bones" in Star Trek
    "I'm just an old country doctor."

    I saw DeForrest Kelly at a Star Trek convention many years ago. Good guy.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #85
    Lurker
    iangb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Ye gods, did I really just read through nine pages of certain people saying "No, you say your opinion first"? Any chance I can have those two minutes of my life back?

    My answer to the OP: The only time that I have the right to someone else's property is if it is owed to me by law. Ultimately, such an enforcement of legality would indeed be a job for the government.

    With regards to the rest of the thread: Taxation doesn't really fit into this poll, because property isn't going from someone else to me; it's going from someone else to the government, who are them providing me with a service. The only way it would fit in is if the "I" in the question referred to the government; in which case, yes, the government has the right to whatever the law allows it to take from other people - just as I have the right to whatever the law says I can take.

    /thread
    Last edited by iangb; 07-17-10 at 10:21 PM.
    The truth may be out there, but lies are in your head. ~Terry Pratchett

  6. #86
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    "I'm just an old country doctor."

    I saw DeForrest Kelly at a Star Trek convention many years ago. Good guy.
    yeah so is Shatner-he is big into horses and was once a big archery fan-one of my best friends is probably the best target archer in history and said Shatner used to show up at the big Vegas Pro archery shoot



  7. #87
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,758

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah so is Shatner-he is big into horses and was once a big archery fan-one of my best friends is probably the best target archer in history and said Shatner used to show up at the big Vegas Pro archery shoot
    I knew he was big into horses, but I didn't know about archery. Always regretted not getting more into that sport when I was younger.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #88
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I knew he was big into horses, but I didn't know about archery. Always regretted not getting more into that sport when I was younger.
    we have US target nationals 20 minutes from my house starting wednesday. friends of mine are running the tournament-members of my family compete



  9. #89
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,758

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we have US target nationals 20 minutes from my house starting wednesday. friends of mine are running the tournament-members of my family compete
    I was into it as a kid, but didn't stay with it. There's a small target range about 20 minutes from my house. I've been thinking...
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #90
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I was into it as a kid, but didn't stay with it. There's a small target range about 20 minutes from my house. I've been thinking...
    we have an 80 year old guy who shoots with our club-does OK. doesn't miss the bale at 60Meters and most of them are in the center.

    I had a student that took it up at 45 and got up to top 15 in the USA by the time she was 48 and won a couple national age group events.



Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •